Home: Saratoga Springs
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/13//19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing docs received: 3/28/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/29/19 (received by title company 4/1/19)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 5/24/19?
Closing: 5/28/19 ("on or before" date for closing was 5/27/19, which was a holiday)
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/29/19
One-time code email: 6/10/19
Membership number letter received: 6/17/19
Points in my account: 6/19/19

Time elapsed = 101 days

Notes:
1. GMail sent the email with the activation code straight to the spam folder.
2. DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title were both good. No complaints
3. The seller took two months to send in the closing documents. In this case the seller had bought the contract directly from Disney and financed most of it. She listed it less than two years later, and the amount left on the loan was greater than the resale price, so the seller had to pay down the loan before the closing could take place.
4. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. The information has been invaluable.

The one-time activation code comes in an email. After that you will get a letter in the mail that will have a membership number. With that number, you can call Member Administration to get your Club ID number, which you will use along with the one-time authentication code to create your "My DVC" account.
How long after the deed does it take for the email?

Of course, right after complaining here, my points loaded! I was able to bank the 2018 points and I applied the banked 2017 points to an existing reservation. Heavy sigh of relief!

Home: BWV
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs received: 5/16/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19
Good for you! Have fun!
No later than 75 days is what the contract says so early May? Ugh. The contract advertised in February with these 33 points was a nice bonus, but they have mostly screwed me out of using them. I was originally going I could use them in my May trip to add a day or two at WDW or Vero even.
Not sure if it is worth it, but I would definitely complain to your broker about the delay. It could actually cost you money. Hope you can find a last minute use for those points!

Final Update:

Home: Saratoga Springs
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/13//19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing docs received: 3/28/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/29/19 (received by title company 4/1/19)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 5/24/19?
Closing: 5/28/19 ("on or before" date for closing was 5/27/19, which was a holiday)
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/29/19
One-time code email: 6/10/19
Membership number letter received: 6/17/19

Time elapsed = 101 days

Notes:
1. GMail sent the email with the activation code straight to the spam folder.
2. DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title were both good. No complaints
3. The seller took two months to send in the closing documents. In this case the seller had bought the contract directly from Disney and financed most of it. She listed it less than two years later, and the amount left on the loan was greater than the resale price, so the seller had to pay down the loan before the closing could take place.
4. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. The information has been invaluable.
Crazy!

Of course, right after complaining here, my points loaded! I was able to bank the 2018 points and I applied the banked 2017 points to an existing reservation. Heavy sigh of relief!

Home: BWV
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19

I am in the same boat and hoping my points will show up sometime before July 21 so I can book a week. I am glad it worked out for you!

I already own AK, so on my main DVC page it shows a picture of kidani. This morning was the most magical moment. I login to my account and the picture that appears is that of the Polynesian at sunset. So beautiful and one step closer to getting our points.

Home: Poly
Broker: DVC by Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 4/17/19
Offer accepted: 4/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/19
Passed ROFR: 5/8/19
Closing docs received: 5/14/19
Closing docs returned:5/15/19
Funds sent:5/15/19
Seller signed closing docs: ? 5/29/19
Closing: 6/6/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/12/19
Received Onetime Activation Code:?
Contract Visible on member site: 6/20/19
Points in my account: ?

I already own AK, so on my main DVC page it shows a picture of kidani. This morning was the most magical moment. I login to my account and the picture that appears is that of the Polynesian at sunset. So beautiful and one step closer to getting our points.

Home: Poly
Broker: DVC by Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 4/17/19
Offer accepted: 4/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/19
Passed ROFR: 5/8/19
Closing docs received: 5/14/19
Closing docs returned:5/15/19
Funds sent:5/15/19
Seller signed closing docs: ? 5/29/19
Closing: 6/6/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/12/19
Received Onetime Activation Code:?
Contract Visible on member site: 6/20/19
Points in my account: ?
I have a question-- not sure this is the place but I'd appreciate any help. So I recently closed on a 100pts PVB and I am waiting ROFR for an additional 50 pt PVB. I want to buy direct as well as lock in the perks. Is there any truth that purchasing direct while in ROFR could help speed up ROFR. I read a post that one gentleman has a ROFR contract pass in 2 days; he mentioned he thought it was bc he was buying direct as well.

I want to buy direct as well as lock in the perks. Is there any truth that purchasing direct while in ROFR could help speed up ROFR. I read a post that one gentleman has a ROFR contract pass in 2 days; he mentioned he thought it was bc he was buying direct as well.
I would say no. I don't think it will speed up anything. I would be hesitant about spending so much money on a direct contract just for perks. The value of the perks really does not add up with what you would save buying resale. Are you looking to add on direct at Poly? If so, that is one of the highest direct pricing ($235 per point). If I went direct for my 100 point poly contract this would have cost me an extra $9000. None of the so called perks are worth that kind of extra money.

Just really look at the extra money you are spending and if it is really worth it for the "perks".

I would say no. I don't think it will speed up anything. I would be hesitant about spending so much money on a direct contract just for perks. The value of the perks really does not add up with what you would save buying resale. Are you looking to add on direct at Poly? If so, that is one of the highest direct pricing ($235 per point). If I went direct for my 100 point poly contract this would have cost me an extra $9000. None of the so called perks are worth that kind of extra money.

Just really look at the extra money you are spending and if it is really worth it for the "perks".
no, i was going to add on at OKW bc of the lower cost per point and that fact that it has a 2057 exp date. Was thinking about this for the perks esp now that the annual passes for out of state has increased; and to bank and borrow those points and be able to use at new resorts.

Actually buying resale is not ALWAYS a better deal. For the record, I have not yet bought direct, but I plan to very soon.

BWV (Resale)
9375​
23​
$407.61​
OKW (Direct)
11700​
38​
$307.89​

In the comparison above, (all closing costs aside) OKW costs $2325 MORE than BWV. But cost per year is actually about $100 less. If you add in a savings of even $200 for 23 years for AP discount, that is an additional savings of $4600.

And for transparency, I saved $12,750 buying 150 BCV points resale. If one chooses their direct purchase carefully, they can really make out.

As long as one goes into buying direct knowing that perks can change any time, it is not a bad deal. Even buying direct though, I would caution a buyer to BUY WHERE ONE WANTS TO STAY. I personally don't care for OKW one bit so I would never buy there and hope I can stay somewhere else on those points.

Even CCV is not a bad deal due to the length of the contract.

CCV (Direct)
14100​
49​
$287.76​

IMHO a blanket resale isn't always cheaper. Once one has that maiden direct contract, by all means never buy direct again.

Last edited:
Actually buying resale is not ALWAYS a better deal. For the record, I have not yet bought direct but, I plan to very soon.

BWV (Resale)
9375​
23​
$407.61​
OKW (Direct)
11700​
38​
$307.89​

In the comparison above, (all closing costs aside) OKW costs $2325 MORE than BWV. But cost per year is actually about $100 less. If you add in a savings of even $200 for 23 years for AP discount, that is an additional savings of $4600.

As long as one goes into buying direct, knowing that perks can change any time it is not a bad deal. Even buying direct though, I would caution a buyer to BUY WHERE ONE WANTS TO STAY. I personally don't care for OKW one bit so I would never buy there and hope I can stay somewhere else on those points.

Even CCV is not a bad deal due to the length of the contract.

CCV (Direct)
14100​
49​
$287.76​

IMHO a blanket resale isn't always cheaper. Once one has that maiden direct contract, by all means never buy direct again.
And there-in lies the real problem. I don't want to buy DVC to be stuck at OKW or SSR all the time because I don't ever go to disney springs. But comparing apples to apples knowing I wanted boardwalk, it was definitely cheaper buying resale than direct.

And there-in lies the real problem. I don't want to buy DVC to be stuck at OKW or SSR all the time because I don't ever go to disney springs. But comparing apples to apples knowing I wanted boardwalk, it was definitely cheaper buying resale than direct.

Absolutely! When I do buy my contract (hopefully next year) I will probably buy at AKV. It will cost me more than SSR or OKW but it has a lot of use years and I love that resort! It is my 3rd place due to BCV and BWV's close proximity to EP and DHS.

Absolutely! When I do buy my contract (hopefully next year) I will probably buy at AKV. It will cost me more than SSR or OKW but it has a lot of use years and I love that resort! It is my 3rd place due to BCV and BWV's close proximity to EP and DHS.

I agree with everything both said assuming my 2nd PVB contract passes ROFR, I will have 150 pts resale at Polynesian same use year. We are not the travel every year to same destination however that might change but those points will get us just what we want for Polynesian to be close to MK as I have a 1 year old( the extra shower doesn't hurt). I never stayed at BCV or BWV but if I do buy there it will be resale (I will not pay direct prices for a contract worth 20 years). I don’t mind SSR bc the proximity to Disney Springs however OKW would give us extra years. And between all the points we would have (150 resale and 75 direct); we should be able to take extended family to stay with us,I rather use less points staying at one of those(SSR or OKW) since they use least amount of points. I would aslo try my luck at 7 month try out some of the new resorts with those direct points( with banking and borrowing). And if we ever do get to stay a few days in BWV or BCV and find that we absolutely must stay there; we will buy resale there for home resort advantage. I think those contracts will give us the flexibility for my family. If there is another route you’d take I’d appreciate reading.

Last edited:
I agree with everything both said assuming my 2nd PVB contract passes ROFR, I will have 150 pts resale at Polynesian same use year. We are not the travel every year to same destination however that might change but those points will get us just what we want for Polynesian to be close to MK as I have a 1 year old( the extra shower doesn't hurt). I never stayed at BCV or BWV but if I do buy there it will be resale (I will not pay direct prices for a contract worth 20 years). I don’t mind SSR bc the proximity to Disney Springs however OKW would give us extra years. And between all the points we would have (150 resale and 75 direct); we should be able to take extended family to stay with us,I rather use less points staying at one of those(SSR or OKW) since they use least amount of points.I would aslo try my luck at 7 month try out some of the new resorts with those direct points( with banking and borrowing). And if we ever do get to stay a few days in BWV or BCV and find that we absolutely must stay there; we will buy resale there for home resort advantage. I think those contracts will give us the flexibility for my family. If there is another route you’d take I’d appreciate reading.
I crunched the numbers for direct on a few different resorts. No fancy accounting. I just took cost of contract (not accounting for interest if loan is involved or closing costs).

BCV is bold cause HOLY COW! CCV is a great value but although I LOVE the look of the resort and the rooms there, I thought the pool was way too small and I did not have the best experience with boat service there. I can't imagine that has improved with the additional units they added with CCV. I think AKV makes for a great direct contract. It is an awesome resort to stay at and even if you don't get a Savannah view, there are so many places to watch the animals, and programs for the kiddos (and adults) to learn more. So when we buy direct, I'm strongly leading toward AKV. Regardless, my numbers are as follows.

AKV$ 13,200
38​
$347.37​
AUL$ 14,100
43​
$327.91​
CCV$ 14,100
49​
$287.76​
Old Key West$ 11,700
38​
$307.89​
SSR$ 12,000
35​
$342.86​
BCV $ 16,875
$733.70
BWV$ 9,375
23​
$407.61​

Final Update:

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Timeshare Store).
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/19
Offer accepted: 4/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/19
Passed ROFR: 5/15/19
Closing docs returned:5/21/19(Fedex International arrived with Broker: 31/5/19)
Funds sent:5/23/19
Seller returned closing docs: 5/29/19 (maybe before informed they had these).
Closing: 6/25/19 (Planned Closing). 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/1/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: 6/12/19
Received Welcome Letter: 6/17/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/13/19 (first time could check on ringing for numbers).
Points in my account: 6/20/19

Points had appeared when I woke up this morning so must have been done overnight. First welcome home trip!

Final Update:

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Timeshare Store).
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/19
Offer accepted: 4/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/19
Passed ROFR: 5/15/19
Closing docs returned:5/21/19(Fedex International arrived with Broker: 31/5/19)
Funds sent:5/23/19
Seller returned closing docs: 5/29/19 (maybe before informed they had these).
Closing: 6/25/19 (Planned Closing). 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/1/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: 6/12/19
Received Welcome Letter: 6/17/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/13/19 (first time could check on ringing for numbers).
Points in my account: 6/20/19

Points had appeared when I woke up this morning so must have been done overnight. First welcome home trip!
Congratulations! We received our activation code a couple of days after you so I'm hoping our points appear soon, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter