Closing Time!!

I believe my resale contracts say that I've been a member since 2015 and 2014, which were the original dates of purchase by the original owners. This might be throwing off the system and that is why you are seeing the blue cards. You can try ordering a card online, not sure if this will work once you get to the park, but it is worth a try.

I believe my resale contracts say that I've been a member since 2015 and 2014, which were the original dates of purchase by the original owners. This might be throwing off the system and that is why you are seeing the blue cards. You can try ordering a card online, not sure if this will work once you get to the park, but it is worth a try.
Yeh, I thought about trying to order a card.

@ArielSRL @bamafaninNOLA @1momof3boys3 @Matty B13 re: membership cards, I am completely guessing here, but I think there is some delay in the membership card system for newly created accounts coming from resale contracts.

After our account was first created, online showed a blue membership card with the original owner’s purchase year. The listed member benefits, however, reflected a resale purchase. Now, a few weeks into the life of our membership, online shows a white membership card.

We were, however, sent physical membership cards that are blue, with our correct “member since” year on it. The cards were ordered as soon as I had access to the account, so it’s likely the request slipped in before the system fully updated to reflect our actual status.

No clue if the blue card benefits will be available to us, but we won’t have a chance to test it out - we added 40 direct points today...:fish:

Ok so we closed and had our deed recorded yesterday. When can I call to see if our membership number is available? Also in our closing and welcome home email from DVC resale market it says DVC WILL NOT give membership numbers over the phone and I have to wait for everything to come by mail? Is this true??

Ok so we closed and had our deed recorded yesterday. When can I call to see if our membership number is available? Also in our closing and welcome home email from DVC resale market it says DVC WILL NOT give membership numbers over the phone and I have to wait for everything to come by mail? Is this true??
From what I hear it's hit or miss when you call. We waited 10 days after our deed was recorded to call and the CM told us everything was actually ready 5 days prior (so 5 days after closing). We got out membership number and activation code and our points were already loaded too.

Nope. Not true at all. Member Services gave me all my info 8 days after I closed. Probably could have tried even sooner.

Great to hear! I plan on calling next week. Do weekends count when referring to the 5-10 days after closing. If I call next Thursday it will be 7 total days since closing. I'm hoping it's ready and someone will give it to me!!!

Great to hear! I plan on calling next week. Do weekends count when referring to the 5-10 days after closing. If I call next Thursday it will be 7 total days since closing. I'm hoping it's ready and someone will give it to me!!!
I called 7 days after closing (on a Tuesday) but found out that Disney did not receive the docs until 2 days after I closed so while they had my stuff it was not processed. I waited until Thursday to call back and they had everything for me then.

@ArielSRL @bamafaninNOLA @1momof3boys3 @Matty B13 re: membership cards, I am completely guessing here, but I think there is some delay in the membership card system for newly created accounts coming from resale contracts.

After our account was first created, online showed a blue membership card with the original owner’s purchase year. The listed member benefits, however, reflected a resale purchase. Now, a few weeks into the life of our membership, online shows a white membership card.

We were, however, sent physical membership cards that are blue, with our correct “member since” year on it. The cards were ordered as soon as I had access to the account, so it’s likely the request slipped in before the system fully updated to reflect our actual status.

No clue if the blue card benefits will be available to us, but we won’t have a chance to test it out - we added 40 direct points today...:fish:

I just checked and mine is also white now. I ordered a card while it was blue, so I'll keep an eye on the mail and see if it ever comes.

I just checked and mine is also white now. I ordered a card while it was blue, so I'll keep an eye on the mail and see if it ever comes.
I just looked and the interface of the website seemed to have changed somewhat. Instead of membership card, mine now says membership identification and when I click there is no option to order a card. The card is also now white and can only be printed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!