Closing Time!!

Woohoo!! Just found out we closed yesterday, it showed up on OCC today!! Now, when can I start calling disney? Is it 10-14 business days, or just regular days?
I'm so excited we finally made it to this point!!
My timeline:
offer accepted 3/19
Sent for rofr 3/22
Passed 4/18
Closing docs received 5/19
My docs returned 5/20
Sellers docs returned 5/28
Closed 5/28
appeared on OCC 5/29
Member number/points...???

Overall, I hAve a great timeline going, hopefully I can get my number and move on!!!

Woohoo!! Just found out we closed yesterday, it showed up on OCC today!! Now, when can I start calling disney? Is it 10-14 business days, or just regular days?
My timeline:
offer accepted 3/19
Sent for rofr 3/22
Passed 4/18
My docs returned 5/20
Closed 5/28
appeared on OCC 5/29

Overall, I hAve a great timeline going, hopefully I can get my number and move on!!!
Congrats!!!

My timeline:
offer accepted 3/19
Sent for rofr 3/22
Passed 4/18
My docs returned 5/20
Closed 5/28
appeared on OCC 5/29

Mine was in the system at the 9 business day mark. Good luck!

Update:

Offer accepted 3/3
ROFR sent 3/5
Waived 4/1
Estoppel Received 5/11
Closing Docs Received 5/12
Closing Docs sent priority to Escrow/Title Agent 5/13
My docs received 5/15
Seller's Docs Received 5/18
Funds received and confirmed by *** 5/26
Closed 5/28
Deed Recorded 5/29

Now let's hope I can get my membership # soon so I can book. I am definitely pulling the kids out of school in January at this point as Christmas will most likely be fully booked already :( Does anyone have any insight on what ride closures I should expect Jan 16-23, 2016?

It is so HARD and frustrating, but it's good we have our little support group here that helps me resist the urge to call DVC more than once every couple days. Our deed was recorded on 5/13 and still nothing. If the points aren't there today, we are going to miss the 7 month window for a trip we were trying to squeeze in at the end of the year.

We do have a great support group. Have you gotten your member package in the mail yet? Just curious so I know what to expect. We were planning on a March trip, gave up on November DVC stay.

We do have a great support group. Have you gotten your member package in the mail yet? Just curious so I know what to expect. We were planning on a March trip, gave up on November DVC stay.

I was able to get my membership number today (5/29) and the deed was recorded (5/13). So, for me, from deed recording to membership number was 11 business days. Unfortunately, I can't get my activation code yet to do online (they say that will be another 24-48 hours).

Best of luck to all!

ETA: No membership package yet -- I suspect that will be another week.

Here's our timeline…
Offer Accepted 3/26
ROFR sent 3/29
Passed ROFR 4/24
Passed Estoppel 5/20
Received closing docs 5/26 (pm)
Closing docs returned 5/28
Waiting to show up on OCC…

Hoping for any availability (studio or 1 bed) at any resort end of July!

If you don't mind saratoga almost all of November is still available.

I
I'm only counting business days. And didn't include Memorial Day. How are you counting?
I counted all of the days. Our deed was recorded the Monday before Memorial Day.(5/18) we were originally supposed to close in April but then Disney got back logged, then the trouble with the closing documents, which pushed us all the way back to May.

I haven't even tried calling Disney yet for member number. Might just wait until our member packet comes in the mail.

We don't mind Saratoga Springs at all. We're just waiting on our membership info to arrive. Thank you for the great info! I guess we could always switch once we get all our DVC info.

I

I counted all of the days. Our deed was recorded the Monday before Memorial Day.(5/18) we were originally supposed to close in April but then Disney got back logged, then the trouble with the closing documents, which pushed us all the way back to May.

I haven't even tried calling Disney yet for member number. Might just wait until our member packet comes in the mail.

Our deed was recorded 5/19 according to the OCC website. Ok, I was only counting business days. Regardless, we're at the mercy of member accounting. Our closing date when we started the purchasing process was 5/5/15. So we're just ready for this all to be over.

Congrats to all of you that are closing! I called TT&M today, and was told that the points verification came back from Disney, I said, great, so we can close today and Alex said no we have to wait to get final payoff figures from Disney, that will be later today or Monday and hopefully we can close on Wednesday of next week. At first I was happy that the points verification was already back from Disney since they said 5-10 business days. But then I've been reading about other parties who call TT&M and then low and behold they close that day. WTH?!?!?! Why am I the only person who is not able to close. Its been 106 frustrating days since we signed the initial contract and 22 days since I returned my closing docs and wired the funds. Next Wednesday will put us 4 weeks from passing estoppel, I can't take this : (

NicRic do you know if Saratoga Springs has availability in mid September? We want to book a 3 bdrm grand villa since our plan was to take the extended family with us. I'm concerned we won't find a grand villa anywhere since its only 3.5 mos away. I tried calling DVC and they couldn't tell me anything since I don't have a member number.

NicRic do you know if Saratoga Springs has availability in mid September? We want to book a 3 bdrm grand villa since our plan was to take the extended family with us. I'm concerned we won't find a grand villa anywhere since its only 3.5 mos away. I tried calling DVC and they couldn't tell me anything since I don't have a member number.
Requests to check availability aren't allowed here. They're pretty pointless, since availability could change at any point in time. Plus, we'd be inundated with requests.

That said; you shouldn't have any trouble at SSR in September.

Congrats to all of you that are closing! I called TT&M today, and was told that the points verification came back from Disney, I said, great, so we can close today and Alex said no we have to wait to get final payoff figures from Disney, that will be later today or Monday and hopefully we can close on Wednesday of next week. At first I was happy that the points verification was already back from Disney since they said 5-10 business days. But then I've been reading about other parties who call TT&M and then low and behold they close that day. WTH?!?!?! Why am I the only person who is not able to close. Its been 106 frustrating days since we signed the initial contract and 22 days since I returned my closing docs and wired the funds. Next Wednesday will put us 4 weeks from passing estoppel, I can't take this : (
Was there something strange with you seller? Did they have a final reservation booked that needed to be completed? It sounds like they were behind on dues or the mortgage or something. All this back and forth is ridiculous. The estoppel should have given the final payoff figures, unless they couldn't close right away and interest or penalties continued to accrue.

Requests to check availability aren't allowed here. They're pretty pointless, since availability could change at any point in time. Plus, we'd be inundated with requests.

I agree with Supersnoop. Mid Sep is not a peak season and (specially) SSR should have capacity.

Sorry Supersnoop, I didn't realize, won't happen again.

Our deed was recorded 5/19 according to the OCC website. Ok, I was only counting business days. Regardless, we're at the mercy of member accounting. Our closing date when we started the purchasing process was 5/5/15. So we're just ready for this all to be over.
So your getting close then hopefully by next week your in the system!

facebook twitter