Closing after future date question

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I am looking at another resale contract and one has a close after 10/1/21 date on it. How far in the purchase process can you get before you're just waiting to close? For instance does it make it all the way to right of first refusal then you just can't sign the closing documents until 10/1/21? I don't mind closing later but not if we can't get past offer accepted since I hate to wait 9 months only to find out we can't pass ROFR.

I just closed a contract like this with a delayed closing for a holiday trip. It went through ROFR and estoppel within a month, and then closing docs were done after the trip. The title company rechecked the points and all that after the trip. We had no issues.

I would NOT buy one this far out. Or, I would want to negotiate the ability to walk away as a buyer, or maybe a lot less deposit (500$?). Who knows what the market will look like by then?

I just closed a contract like this with a delayed closing for a holiday trip. It went through ROFR and estoppel within a month, and then closing docs were done after the trip. The title company rechecked the points and all that after the trip. We had no issues.

I would NOT buy one this far out. Or, I would want to negotiate the ability to walk away as a buyer, or maybe a lot less deposit (500$?). Who knows what the market will look like by then?

Thank you! That's good to know you only have to wait for the actual closing. I agree this one is a little too far out for comfort since I have no idea what the market could do in that time period.

Bought and sold several and ROFR was not delayed. The most any of mine were were 6 months out from when offer was made.

I think if it fits your needs and is a price you think is fair, it’s great having that long to need to pay. Some of the buyers who bought mine did it for that reason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter