Closest hotel to GCH

aulanidreamer

Mouseketeer
We have a 3 night stay at VGC in November and fly in about 8pm the day before check in. I am trying to figure out a cheaper close option to stay the night we arrive so that I can hop over to get room keys for early entry the first day of our stay. Our first morning will be EE at DCA and it’s likely to be a 7am opening according to predictions. Hoping if I “check in” at 6 we can make EE. Right now BW Stovall’s is a decent price. Thinking I don’t want to stay on Harbor and have to walk through security. We may have a car, but still undecided, so quick walking distance would be awesome.

Agree with BW Stovalls. It is literally the closest one. I suggest you actually fully vacate the BW room around 6am and head over to check in at GCH. At that time, they will be able to check you in quickly and store your bags. That way, you can relax and enjoy EE at DCA without needing to worry about checking out of the other hotel and moving your stuff later in the morning. By checking in that early, you could potentially have your room ready earlier (although since its DVC, maybe not).

Another option, especially if you are not interested in walking your luggage through Harbor security and DTD, is to just stay anywhere cheap nearby and uber over to the main entrance of GCH in the morning.

Like others have said, they can check you in early in the morning and store your luggage. Although you won’t get your actual room until later in the day.

Another option, especially if you are not interested in walking your luggage through Harbor security and DTD, is to just stay anywhere cheap nearby and uber over to the main entrance of GCH in the morning.

Like others have said, they can check you in early in the morning and store your luggage. Although you won’t get your actual room until later in the day.

It’s true Uber is an option if not wanting to walk or stay further out, but BW Stovalls would not require a walk through security or DTD...coming from BW Stovalls, you’d get to GCH prior to DTD/security.

Holiday Inn on S. Walnut is another option...

Personally I would book something over by Convention Center, check out that AM, call an Uber and head over to GCH that AM and stash bags at bell desk.

If you have a car...even quicker...valet car with bags then come back for luggage later.

Either way, proximity is not worth the hassle IMO and since GCH will hold you bags till room is ready, not worth taking time mid day to go check out of overnight hotel and check in to GCH when it can all be done that AM and will be quick that early. You need to check in anyway to get your keys for EE.

Great advice to check out completely, I think that will be our plan. I may walk to start checking in and my husband might be packing up the kiddos and come after they eat. DVC includes parking but not valet, except maybe that first hour or so. I’m waiting for car rental prices to get better to decide if we will try to Uber to/ from SNA or get a car. We aren’t counting on room being ready early as our experience at most DVC is sometimes they aren’t even ready at regular checkin time, especially if you have location request.

Great advice to check out completely, I think that will be our plan. I may walk to start checking in and my husband might be packing up the kiddos and come after they eat. DVC includes parking but not valet, except maybe that first hour or so. I’m waiting for car rental prices to get better to decide if we will try to Uber to/ from SNA or get a car. We aren’t counting on room being ready early as our experience at most DVC is sometimes they aren’t even ready at regular checkin time, especially if you have location request.

GCH heck in at 6am will take no time at all...IMO no value to heading over before your family is ready...you will just be waiting for them. Checking bags at bell desk will also be quick and can be done by hubby while you are checking in. Should take ones of minutes that early.

Unless you need a car for other things, Uber from SNA and to the GCH is also easy peasy. I used to be a control freak and got a car everywhere but now Uber makes that unnecessary as you an get as car on demand in minutes all times of the day.

If you do get a car you can still pull into GCH valet, drop bags then hubby can go park car in self park across the street while you are checking in. They will toss you bags on cart then push to storage right from car. That is also a quick process.

Don't go ahead of your family. I promise you, check in won't take more than 5 minutes at that time. Heck, it only took 5 minutes on July 4 at 2pm. They are very quick over there. You aren't going to arrive to a huge line or anything at 6am. Just grab breakfast at the GCH at the quick service after you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter