Closest beach to Disney?

Team Happy Haunts

Earning My Ears
We would like to plan a beach day on a non park day. What is the closest beach that is worth going to ? thanks so much

The beaches we're familiar with, I'd say Cocoa Beach (Atlantic Coast) is probably one of the closest - 75-90 minute drive. But we didn't find it to be that great of a beach (everyone will have an opinion on that!). The nicest beach that we enjoy is Clearwater Beach on the Gulf Coast, which is 90-120 minute drive. But the sand and the water on the Gulf side are so much nicer - plus the sunsets (if you stay that long) are totally amazing.

Agreed that Cocoa Beach is the closest but not so nice. I prefer Daytona Beach even though it's farther.

We would like to plan a beach day on a non park day. What is the closest beach that is worth going to ?
If you have even been to an Atlantic Cost beach South of New England you will find Atlantic Coast Beaches in Florida look pretty much the same. The resort beaches will offer better lodging, restaurants and entertainment whatever state you pick to visit. If you plan a beach day in Florida the Gulf Coast has the best seashores on the FL West Coast and pan-handle!
G'day
WH Info
Pulsar / Johnny

Last edited:
Closest, Coco Beach. But I agree with the others, not the nicest. Everyone seems to like Clearwater beach which is on the west coast but a little further away. Nice gulf coast beach. Unfortunately, and this is an opinion so take it for what it's worth, Florida east coast beaches don't get really nice until Palm Beach and points south. By nice I mean nice sand and pretty, clear blue green water. The gulf coast beaches and water are all very nice, soft sand (until you hit the shell beaches in the south around Ft. Myers) and gorgeous water.
Clearwater is very touristy, and can get very busy, especially on the weekends. Parking can be tough to find as well. I haven't been over there in a couple of years but they used to have public parking that you needed the "Parkmobile" app to pay for. Don't know if that's still in play. There is stuff to do there, restaurants, gift shops, beach type souvenir shops, etc. I guess if I were you, I'd drive the extra miles and go to Clearwater, but again it depends on what you're looking for. Either way, enjoy what Florida has to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter