(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianGuy

<font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and
Lots of great advice about this here.

Please note - Resorts tagged with (*) indicate a convention resort where you may be charged a fee for your package to be delivered.

Don't ship it through the Post Office... Here is why... The US Post Office does NOT recognize Disney streets, any and all mail being sent to Disney through the US Post Office will go to the PO Box (regardless of how you address it) as the post office does not deliver to Disney directly. From the PO Box it is sorted into sections and then specific locations before it is delivered out to property. This can take quite a bit of time.

UPs, Fed Ex, DHL, any kind of courier service will deliver directly to the hotel. My suggestion would be to get the package ready and send it out about 7 days prior to your arrival (you can send it further out if you like they will hold it). If you give yourself enough time you can ship it ground service which is the cheapest.

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the reservation number if you're the dilgent type, it's not required tho.

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Reservation # xxxxxx
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Here is a list of the resort address' (again this can ONLY be used for courier services, US Post office will not deliver to the property directly)

Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
1991 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-7000
Disney’s All Star Music Resort 1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-6000
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort 1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-5000
Disney's Pop Century Resort 1050 Century Drive
Phone: 407-938-4000
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way
Phone: 407-934-3400
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive (*)
Phone: 407-939-1000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 2201 Orleans Drive
Phone: 407-934-5000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 1251 Riverside Drive
Phone: 407-934-6000
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 2901 Osceola Pkwy.
Phone: 407-938-3000
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 4600 North World Drive (*)
Phone: 407-824-1000
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 4401 Floridian Way (*)
Phone: 407-824-3000
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 901 Timberline Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3200
Disney’s Polynesian Resort 1600 Seven Seas Drive
Phone: 407-824-2000
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-934-8000
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-934-7000
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd. (*)
Phone: 407-939-5100
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail
Phone: 407-824-2900
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 1510 North Cove Rd.
Phone: 407-827-7700
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort 1960 Broadway
Phone: 407-827-1100

Walt Disney World Dolphin
1500 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-4000
Walt Disney World Swan 1200 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-3000

Shades of Green 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3400

All hotels are in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

(Except Animal Kingdom Lodge which is Bay Lake, FL 32830).

If you have any issues with shipping, I encourage you to call the posted resort number to confirm the shipping address.

But I Want to Know About Shipping Water:

Then check this thread... The Water Delivery FAQ thread.. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2446179

Personally for many heavy items (like soda or water) I tend to just take a hike over to the Hess Stations opposite DTD or BW. Catch the bus to DTD and walk across the street. You'll save a fortune in shipping and whatever.. and you don't have to deal with potential delivery fees.

I usually do it the afternoon I arrive. Doesn't take long.

Just a tip. There are also delivery services ... Places like Netgrocer, WeGoShop, etc.

Thanks, this is answers any and all questions I have (and some I didn't know I had!).

Great post!

For many heavy items (like soda or water) I tend to just take a hike over to the Hess Stations opposite DTD or BW. Catch the bus to DTD and walk across the street. You'll save a fortune in shipping and whatever.. and you don't have to deal with potential delivery fees.

I usually do it the afternoon I arrive. Doesn't take long.

Just a tip. There are also delivery services ... Places like Netgrocer, WeGoShop, etc.

If you are going to DTD, then I can see how this might not be a big deal. If you are going all the way to DTD just to do this, then I have to disagree. The bus ride alone one way from CR is 20 minutes. Add waiting for the bus - and you are easily talking 90minutes round trip or more. I've never done it, but I have walked DTD area a good number of times.

By my way of thinking, spending 90minutes to save $10 is not the best way to spend a vacation.

By my way of thinking - if we stay at a value resort during value season with free dining - we are spending a minimum of $20 per waking hour just to be at WDW. (that does include cost of flying.) If we are staying at a mod or deluxe, esp in a higher priced season- the price per hour goes up quickly from there.

One problem with even the grocery delivery services is that you have to be in your room when they arrive, and when I've checked there is minimums and service fees.

We have ordered from Garden Grocer when we spent 9 days at our disney cabin. While we were at the pool, a cast member called me and said that our groceries where there and if they wanted me to have them put away. All of our valuables were locked up in the safe, so I said sure. By the time we got back to our cabin later in the afternoon, it was nice to see that everything was put away and I did not have to spend any time grocery shopping while on vacation. Was it worth the extra money? For our family of 6 people, yes and we ordered more then $200.00 worth of groceries so the delivery fee was waived and by ordering on line, I was able to prepay for our groceries, one less thing I needed to worry about. :banana:

This is great info for my GPS when I try and get around WDW!!!

Since we are staying at AKV and have a AAA parking pass I'm planning to drive around to make the best use of my time!!!

We'll see how it goes!!!

If you are going to DTD, then I can see how this might not be a big deal. If you are going all the way to DTD just to do this, then I have to disagree. The bus ride alone one way from CR is 20 minutes. Add waiting for the bus - and you are easily talking 90minutes round trip or more. I've never done it, but I have walked DTD area a good number of times.

By my way of thinking, spending 90minutes to save $10 is not the best way to spend a vacation.

By my way of thinking - if we stay at a value resort during value season with free dining - we are spending a minimum of $20 per waking hour just to be at WDW. (that does include cost of flying.) If we are staying at a mod or deluxe, esp in a higher priced season- the price per hour goes up quickly from there.

One problem with even the grocery delivery services is that you have to be in your room when they arrive, and when I've checked there is minimums and service fees.[/QUOTE]

Bell services always keeeps our groceries and then delivers them to our resort room. Never had to be there before (although, we usually stay deluxe, so aybe its different for values?) Always easy and never a worry.

One problem with even the grocery delivery services is that you have to be in your room when they arrive, and when I've checked there is minimums and service fees.

Absolutely.. those traveling with a large number of kids.. or (LOL) an incapable spouse.. or those who just plain don't want to... might just relax and take the grocery service.

For me .. it's never just 10$ for the grocery delivery services. Which one is just $10? I've seen numbers closer to $20 and add a tip on top of that etc etc etc.

WeGoShop only charges you the actual price they paid for the groceries plus a delivery fee and tip.

Netgrocer charges a smaller delivery fee but they charge 'more' than you would normally pay for the items you order.

Everything in life is a trade off.. For me.. because of the times of my flights from my local airport and whatever else.. The trip to DTD is a convenient one.

Definitely not the right course for everyone. Very few things in life are.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but... DH and I (and our 4 yr old) will be staying at the GF soon... since DD will likely be snoozing by 9 p.m. every night, we'd like to relax on the balcony with some wine.

Can we ship some to the GF ahead of time? I guess the grocery stores deliver, but if we'd want to ship from a wine store at home, so we can select bottles we like, is that do-able? Or will the GF be not happy with that? Are we better off waiting till we get there and ordering randomly from the grocery stores? Do wine shops/liquor stores deliver to the resorts such that this would be an option?

Disclaimer: we are not lushes, just two parents who haven't been on a "real" vacation for about 5 years! :)

Thanks!

Jb

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but... DH and I (and our 4 yr old) will be staying at the GF soon... since DD will likely be snoozing by 9 p.m. every night, we'd like to relax on the balcony with some wine.

Can we ship some to the GF ahead of time? I guess the grocery stores deliver, but if we'd want to ship from a wine store at home, so we can select bottles we like, is that do-able? Or will the GF be not happy with that? Are we better off waiting till we get there and ordering randomly from the grocery stores? Do wine shops/liquor stores deliver to the resorts such that this would be an option?

Disclaimer: we are not lushes, just two parents who haven't been on a "real" vacation for about 5 years! :)

Thanks!

Jb

I merged this into the shipping to your resort thread.

Also - you can buy some wines at the Hess Stations on Disney property but the selection is minimal and probably won't have what you seek..

:)

I've read all the information about shipping luggage to your WDW Resort but I don't see anything about shipping it back to your home. Did I miss it? Or is this not possible? We are going to ship ours to the Wilderness Lodge but was wondering if UPS, Fed Ex, etc., also picks up the luggage to ship home and what we have to do for this to happen. Thanks a lot for all the information. It really helped.

Yes... but for simplicity I'd bring along the Fedex or UPS slips you will need to ship home and then ask at the resort concierge desk about how to go about getting your shipment out.

Just got back last night and wanted to add a little something. We shipped a box before our check in to the Beach & Yaght Club. I sent it UPS as I was told that our box would get there faster and be at our resort waiting for us. Our friends did the same but were staying at the Boardwalk Villas. When we arrived I asked at the front desk and was told that I would have to call a number (which they gave me) to arrange to have my box delivered. The only problem was that I would have to be in my room to sign for it. My friends at the Boardwalk had their package waiting for them. The Beach Club told me that each resort is different. I also had to pay $5.00 when my package was delivered. I did not care about the money, it would have been nice to have the package at the resort for time saving purposes.

Thanks for a great post! This definitely answers all the questions I have regarding shipping to the hotel :)

Just got back last night and wanted to add a little something. We shipped a box before our check in to the Beach & Yaght Club. I sent it UPS as I was told that our box would get there faster and be at our resort waiting for us. Our friends did the same but were staying at the Boardwalk Villas. When we arrived I asked at the front desk and was told that I would have to call a number (which they gave me) to arrange to have my box delivered. The only problem was that I would have to be in my room to sign for it. My friends at the Boardwalk had their package waiting for them. The Beach Club told me that each resort is different. I also had to pay $5.00 when my package was delivered. I did not care about the money, it would have been nice to have the package at the resort for time saving purposes.

Both Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach are convention resorts and they can both charge the fee for delivery of a package.

Were they staying DVC by chance? That could/would make a difference vs. staying on cash or rented points.

I find shipping your things before you arrive HUGE money saving idea. Delta airlines charges $25.00 per check-in luggage each way. We're a family of 4, so it would be $100.00 going and another $100.00 coming home.

So we thought of combining all ou rthings into ONE large suitcase, but I found the size limits and discovered our bag is 3 inches too big and it would cost $175.00 to ship there and another $175.00 to return home.

Forget that.

We sent off our food and snacks in a box to our resort and it only cost us $15.00 to ship it. Our clothes went out today and it's only $ 23.00 to ship there and another $23.00 to return home.

SUCH a HUGE savings.

PLUS..... by shipping through UPS, we get a tracking number to keep up with our box and not risk the airlines LOOSING our luggage.

See? Cheaper AND safer.

the front desk of contemporary just said not to put the date on, for privacy. has anyone heard this?

the front desk of contemporary just said not to put the date on, for privacy. has anyone heard this?

That actually makes a lot of sense.. The reservation number oughta be enough.

I think I may delete the dates bit. It's definitely NOT a requirement.

My resort charges a fee to ship to their hotel (CR)
Does anyone know how MUCH they charge?

Ten to fifteen dollars depending I think. Call the resorts business center for the exact amount.

The the CR main line.. (407) 824-1000 they can transfer you to the Business Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter