• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about shipping packages home? I know we are going to buy my DD the giant Mickey and Minnie this year, and I don't want to pay to get that stuff home on the plane. Can we have some one box up our purchases to get shipped home before we leave or would we have to find a box and tape somewhere and do it ourselves?

Also can you ship to Villa's?

When you purchase these items ask to ship it directly home. I remember people doing this and thought it was a great idea. I think you do not pay tax but have to pay for shipping. It may cancel inself out. Don't quote me on that, double check

Thank you but I was wondering if I could send them all home at the end, or maybe buy something on the last day and have them box it all up together. There is no way I can get my DD a giant Mickey or anything for that matter on our trip and then tell her she cant see it again till she gets home :) It just wont happen

Thank you but I was wondering if I could send them all home at the end, or maybe buy something on the last day and have them box it all up together. There is no way I can get my DD a giant Mickey or anything for that matter on our trip and then tell her she cant see it again till she gets home :) It just wont happen

Are you planning on purchases these in downtown disney? I saw and was asked by the cashier in the large disney store there if I wanted it shipped to my home. I am sure if you ask at any of the stores they will.

has anyone done this?

We're considering it, with the current rates for checked bags, but are concerned with customs and delays....

anyone with experience?

Thanks!

has anyone done this?

We're considering it, with the current rates for checked bags, but are concerned with customs and delays....

anyone with experience?

Thanks!

While this is certainly possible expect the customs clearance fees to be borderline ridiculous to get a simple box across the border.

UPS for example routinely adds up to $50 as "Customs Brokerage" fees. There are other companies who will clear packages for less.. but it becomes a LOT of leg work for the value of the stuff you're sending down. And all this presumes they don't try to add 'duties' to the shipment ... which would complicate matters considerably.

Honestly, for the hassle, time invested and what you'd pay to ship a 15 lb box with customs & brokerage plus international shipping costs ... you'd be further ahead to just rent a car for one day and drive to a Walmart and buy what you want down there.

The only possible exception to this is if you live near a border crossing and can drive the box across and ship it yourself from inside the U.S.

Thanks!

I'm really considering the car rental - we are also planning on going to Universal for 2 days, so it would seem to make sense.

has anyone done this?

anyone with experience?

Thanks!

We've never shipped to Disney, just from Disney. We started a snow globe collection for DD on her first trip at 8mo old and the only way to safely get it home was to ship it. The store would have for a nice low cost of $100!:scared1: That was more than double the purchase price! So, we looked into shipping it. We were at ASMo and I stupidly waited until the day of departure to do it... not a good move. I think they ended up UPSing it home eventually. Next trip we didn't bother and the following two trips the second part of our stay was at the Dolphin and Swan. They were more than willing to ship it back home by USPS for us. Cuts down on brokerage fees. Just say at teh border that there are items to follow. As long as you're still within the value allowed for reentry, there are no duty fees or taxes. We received it about a week after we got home. We pack a folded diaper box flat in our luggage along with brown paper folded and a roll of packing tape (lessons learned from our first trip). We plan our DTD day for halfway through our trip and pack up anything breakable along with dirty laundry to keep it safe :lmao:. We've never had a problem with it. I'm hoping that GF will be able to ship it USPS for us this trip... we'll see. If not, doing it half way through the trip will mean that we can get to a post office if need be.

Can someone provide some info on how to ship packages home from a resort. I will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort.

How funny! My DH is a UPS driver and we talked about shipping to our resort....He said no way are we USPSing it. Nice to know I'm not the only one with a DH loyal to his company!:cool1:

I work for UPS too (although I am one of those mean manager guys)... looking into shipping snacks, etc. down there.

I got recently got a Continental Airlines CC. They waive the first checked bag for everyone in your party...

For UPS, if you print your label from home (you need to measure and weigh it) and drop it off at a pickup site it is cheaper than using something like the UPS store. The UPS stores will charge you a handling fee or percentage. I personally would drop it off somewhere like staples to be picked up.

I'm would think Fedex works the same way, such as using Fedex/Kinko's to print your label.

I thought of doing this and didn't see any advantages besides not dealing with checked baggage at the airport.

I did quick quotes for both UPS and Fedex and they were both more than the $25 checked baggage fee I would pay for a 50 pound checked bag. Even a 25 pound package was over $25. This was ground coming from Phoenix.

Hi there!
If i'm ordering some T shirts to be made and I don't think they're going to get to me before I leave, is it safe to have the company ship them directly to my resort? I'm staying at AKL and UPS will be delivering the package.
Thanks in advance!

Has anyone ordered milk or other items needing refrigeration? Does bell services have refrigerators to store your order if you are not there when the delivery comes? I know you pick a 2 hour window for delivery but was wondering about storage and packing if you order milk etc. I am going to use garden grocer

But I Want to Know About Shipping Water:

Then check this thread... The Water Delivery FAQ thread.. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2446179

Personally for many heavy items (like soda or water) I tend to just take a hike over to the Hess Stations opposite DTD or BW. Catch the bus to DTD and walk across the street.

Do you happen to recall if they have individual diet sprite or diet 7-up bottles? I can't find any grocery delivery who does.

Has anyone ordered milk or other items needing refrigeration? Does bell services have refrigerators to store your order if you are not there when the delivery comes? I know you pick a 2 hour window for delivery but was wondering about storage and packing if you order milk etc. I am going to use garden grocer

It might depend on what resort you're at, but here's my experience: When I stayed at BWV a few years ago, I had bought groceries on my way from the airport to the resort. When I arrived, my room still wasn't ready, so BWV stowed my groceries in a refrigerated area until I could get into my room.

someone posted a vague reference to Florida's alcohol rules.

does anyone know if you can ship liquor (ie, whiskey, vodka)?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter