• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I am in the midst of planning our first trip to DW. We are staying WL CL Nov. 4-12th. Very excited. I have really enjoyed everyones comments and suggestions on this thread. By far the most informative of all the various forums and such out on the web. My question is regarding MVMCP. We are traveling with 4 and meeting 2 others. Investing in 6 tickets is of course a very pricey endeavor. My concern is that if I buy the tickets now and that night turns out to me miserable as far as weather goes. I doubt cold would be an issue I am more concerned about rain. So my question is this...should I buy the tickets now to ensure that we have tickets given that it is the first night or do you think that if it was sold out that the CL CM could aquire, and then I purchase, 6 tickets in a pinch if needed. That way I could wait until that week to see the forecast.

Normally for early Nov i would just say wait but the 9th is the first christmas party, its a friday of a holiday weekend, the last weekend of Food and Wine fest and it's jersey week. In addition you might have Fantasyland opening around then....i think i would just buy them now

Hello all, I am in the midst of planning our first trip to DW. We are staying WL CL Nov. 4-12th. Very excited. I have really enjoyed everyones comments and suggestions on this thread. By far the most informative of all the various forums and such out on the web. My question is regarding MVMCP. We are traveling with 4 and meeting 2 others. Investing in 6 tickets is of course a very pricey endeavor. My concern is that if I buy the tickets now and that night turns out to me miserable as far as weather goes. I doubt cold would be an issue I am more concerned about rain. So my question is this...should I buy the tickets now to ensure that we have tickets given that it is the first night or do you think that if it was sold out that the CL CM could aquire, and then I purchase, 6 tickets in a pinch if needed. That way I could wait until that week to see the forecast.

If you would be disappointed to miss the party that particular night, then buy your tickets in advance. That s a Friday night of a 3 day federal holiday weekend, the first party of the season. I do think there's at least a chance of a sell-out.

Sorry, but I can't answer your questions on whether the CL CM could help.

There will be NO page 2 for our beloved WL :flower3:
Thank you for the shameless bumping:)

I just want to add to the other responses that if you are already booked CL, right now you can email or even call the WL IPO and ask them your question. I think if it is sold-out though, then it won't be available through the concierge, but I think you'd feel better if you also asked the IPO - they are very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your kind words about the thread, Vabosoxfan. I think the DIS is the best WDW forum, too - don't be a stranger!

What is the best way to get from WL to Epcot? We will be there in Sept and have a 8AM ADR at Epcot. Serveral people said "bus" and just as many said "boat to CR and then monorails". What do the WL alumni think? Will all options even be available that early? Epcot doesn't open til 9AM that day.

I need my WL fix...:hug:

BTW Ms. Tempress, are you starting the new thread soon :hyper:

What happens to this thread when a new one gets started? I may not ever catch up completely, but I would like to know that I can find it if I want to. :)
By the way, besides the friendliness here, I find I am really appreciating the fact that people actually read and think about what everyone writes. I have posted questions on some other threads and it seems like some people just like to share their opinions rather than to specifically answer what is asked! So, that is one of the many things that makes this an everyday thread for me!!

BTW Ms. Tempress, are you starting the new thread soon :hyper:
Yesiree, this week in fact. However, there really won't be any new content as it will be a shameless copy and paste job just so the thread doesn't get closed while I'm on vacation. But, when I get back from our trip in September, I'll add new photos and update and freshen, as needed:snooty:

What is the best way to get from WL to Epcot? We will be there in Sept and have a 8AM ADR at Epcot. Serveral people said "bus" and just as many said "boat to CR and then monorails". What do the WL alumni think? Will all options even be available that early? Epcot doesn't open til 9AM that day.
If 'best' means exciting and adventurous, then the Blue Flag to the CR and then up the escalator to the monorail is the way to go. But, if 'best' means easiest and most efficient, then the good ol' bus is the way to go. With the boat to CR, you encounter 3 different transports: one boat and two monorails. More delay potential is built into that scenario, but it's so much fun being in the CR and on the monorail. If you have an 0800 ADR at Epcot and it opens at 0900 then you'll probably need to be at security NLT than about 0730 and neither the monorail nor the bus will be able to get you there before then. You might have to take a cab for a 0800 ADR on a non-AM EMH day.
What happens to this thread when a new one gets started? I may not ever catch up completely, but I would like to know that I can find it if I want to. :)
By the way, besides the friendliness here, I find I am really appreciating the fact that people actually read and think about what everyone writes. I have posted questions on some other threads and it seems like some people just like to share their opinions rather than to specifically answer what is asked! So, that is one of the many things that makes this an everyday thread for me!!
This thread will self-destruct in 10 seconds upon posting of the new thread - no, not really, but it would probably be easier for the moderators if they did. Actually, I'll post the new thread and then I'll post the link to the new thread right here. Then I contact the moderator who will lock/close this thread so that poor souls don't continue posting questions to a dead thread. Don't worry, I don't want to lose any of our great Lodgers:grouphug:, so they'll be plenty of notice before self-destruct mode is enabled.

Yesiree, this week in fact. However, there really won't be any new content as it will be a shameless copy and paste job just so the thread doesn't get closed while I'm on vacation. But, when I get back from our trip in September, I'll add new photos and update and freshen, as needed:snooty:

:cool1: I will have some funky fresh photos in 8 days :dance3:

By Emily Woesthoff
General Manager for BabyCakes NYC at Downtown Disney

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the best vegan quick service entree on property. Brace yourselves, we're headed into the wilderness. Wilderness Lodge, home of Roaring Fork. Roaring Fork, home of the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. It's really that simple, and it's only $8.99. Also it's completely vegan. This wrapped masterpiece features delicious hummus, grilled vegetables, and prepared spiced quinoa. This sandwich definitely has a slight kick, but please do not let that deter you. Typically, the cast members behind the counter are nice enough to let you sample the contents before they make your wrap, so if you're nervous, give the separate ingredients a try! There is only one slight problem with the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. After you eat it, you will wonder why everywhere on property does not offer this, or at least a similar option. You'll ask yourself, "If this is possible, why do veggie burgers even need to exist anymore?" Just be sure not to ask with your mouth full of quinoa, because that wouldn't be polite. This meal will definitely be worth making a special trip to Wilderness Lodge. I have definitely been guilty of, more than once, getting out of work late and heading to Wilderness Lodge just to have this for dinner. (They're open until 10 p.m.!). While you're there, be sure to also take the time to admire the rustic beauty of the lobby, the fireplaces and artifacts on display. Enjoy!

WDWKOOK: Though I'm not a vegetarian, I've had this several times. It's generously-sized and delicious!

Yum, that sounds very good. I love hummus, grilled veggies (actually just had that with my dinner tonight :), and Quinoa. Will have to give this a try! How did I miss it in January while staying there?

I was at Home Depot yesterday and they no longer have Mickey Head paint chip cards!!!!!!! :sad:The guy told me they lost their contract, but could mix a color up for me if I had a number or swatch.
Who the heck wants the PAINT? I just want more Mickey heads!!!
Well, I guess I have some already & don't REALLY need more, but Gee Wiz.

How do I post a trip report about WL? Should I post it here or post it separate in the trip report forum? Thanks in advance.

WDWKOOK said:
By Emily Woesthoff
General Manager for BabyCakes NYC at Downtown Disney

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the best vegan quick service entree on property. Brace yourselves, we're headed into the wilderness. Wilderness Lodge, home of Roaring Fork. Roaring Fork, home of the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. It's really that simple, and it's only $8.99. Also it's completely vegan. This wrapped masterpiece features delicious hummus, grilled vegetables, and prepared spiced quinoa. This sandwich definitely has a slight kick, but please do not let that deter you. Typically, the cast members behind the counter are nice enough to let you sample the contents before they make your wrap, so if you're nervous, give the separate ingredients a try! There is only one slight problem with the Vegetarian Quinoa Wrap. After you eat it, you will wonder why everywhere on property does not offer this, or at least a similar option. You'll ask yourself, "If this is possible, why do veggie burgers even need to exist anymore?" Just be sure not to ask with your mouth full of quinoa, because that wouldn't be polite. This meal will definitely be worth making a special trip to Wilderness Lodge. I have definitely been guilty of, more than once, getting out of work late and heading to Wilderness Lodge just to have this for dinner. (They're open until 10 p.m.!). While you're there, be sure to also take the time to admire the rustic beauty of the lobby, the fireplaces and artifacts on display. Enjoy!

WDWKOOK: Though I'm not a vegetarian, I've had this several times. It's generously-sized and delicious!

Would this dish also be Gluten Free?

Yum, that sounds very good. I love hummus, grilled veggies (actually just had that with my dinner tonight :), and Quinoa. Will have to give this a try! How did I miss it in January while staying there?
You'll just have to go back soon to try it;). If you love hummus (like me), The Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House is delicious: Multi-grain, crispy bread with hummus and a tomato-broccoli slaw, mmmm...

I was at Home Depot yesterday and they no longer have Mickey Head paint chip cards!!!!!!! :sad:The guy told me they lost their contract, but could mix a color up for me if I had a number or swatch.
I remember years ago my DD always had to take some of those home and she'd decorate her bulletin board with them. I guess they're a collectible now:rolleyes:

How do I post a trip report about WL? Should I post it here or post it separate in the trip report forum? Thanks in advance.
You have some options: Posting it here will limit your audience to mostly those subscribed to this thread. I prefer posting mine to the Resorts Forum (where this thread is located). You can also post to the Trip Report sub-forum, but you'll have a more limited audience than posting it to the Resorts Forum where more will see it.

Wherever you put it, could you please post a link to it here? Can't wait to read itpopcorn::

Would this dish also be Gluten Free?
Sorry, but I don't know.

So I think the only thing missing from this board is a like button :thumbsup2 I agree that this is the best resource on the entire web for WL and Disney questions. No one even blinks if you ask a "non" WL question here and the answers are always so great!

I also want to give a shout out to Kook for doing such a fantastic job. I have stayed many times at WL, but still come here for answers.

I was noticing that I couldn't find them anymore. That's too bad. I wonder if Disney signed with someone else?

You'll just have to go back soon to try it;). If you love hummus (like me), The Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House is delicious: Multi-grain, crispy bread with hummus and a tomato-broccoli slaw, mmmm...

I'm a huge fan of this myself!

I was just reading a blog or something about a great sandwich/wrap/pita at RF - they said it was Disney's best kept vegetarian secret...do you know what that might be? I'm not vegetarian but like to try & eat light some meals (to counteract all the Dole Whips, churros, napoleans, crepes, etc. that I over indulge in!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter