(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...p-of-the-world-lounge-access-extended-to-2014

~AllEars

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/member-benefits/2441-top-of-the-world-lounge-access-extended-to-2014

~AllEars

Any way for someone renting points to buy a drink to dvc member to be able to access lounge?

We'll be there on Saturday and I will try to get some pictures. I missed the Mercantile on our last trip so it is on my To Do list this time.

:)
:thumbsup2

What if you find a member to go in with?
From the rules posted on the previous page:

The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance.

**Nevermind. I need to do a better job of reading before replying.****
:wave:
Meh, not a problem around here…Been here, done that:upsidedow

What if you find a member to go in with?

As long as you are staying with that member on their reservation. But if you are not, you won't be going up to the lounge.

Buy DVC points and then you can go up to the lounge anytime you go to WDW as long as DVC allows any member staying at WDW to go up there.

mhZjut3Zq5xltwogTcbPtqQ.jpg

Taking a break from cooking to wish all my WL friends a very happy Thanksgiving and, for those who celebrate it, a Happy Chanukah! Now, back to the stove! :) (KOOK-hope you don't mind me using your great images in my post. I love them!)

To everyone out there, have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day.

For us it's going to be one busy day. Packing for our trip, having thanksgiving dinner with family, then heading into Cleveland to spend the night at a hotel near the airport and tomorrow by noon we will be in Orlando and heading to the WL and WDW. :cool1:

hd-wallpapers-disney-thanksgiving-wallpaper-jxhy-1024x768-wallpaper.jpg

I am just crazy about the Wilderness Lodge. It is so beautiful and so well located. The Staff and grounds and vibe amazing. With 18 hotels in WDW I don't know but thats the ONLY place I want to stay. If I was made of $$$$ I'd be a fixture there! Thanks for your great thread.

Is it 2 requests or 3 that you can have? We already have 2 eaten up by our request for adjoining rooms and pack-n-play, but I'm wondering if I can/should add something like "view of wishes?" Or should I just leave it alone and hope for a good woods view room? I spent so much time researching poly when I thought we'd stay there, but I don't know much about WL other than what's posted in this thread.

The day has finally arrived. I am sitting at the airport in Cleveland waiting to head to WDW. :banana: I cannot wait to walk into the WL and begin this long overdue vacation. Hope to run into a few of you at the WL. If I've got a Goofy shirt and a cap with the Ohio State Buckeyes on it, that would be me. :goodvibes

Is it 2 requests or 3 that you can have? We already have 2 eaten up by our request for adjoining rooms and pack-n-play, but I'm wondering if I can/should add something like "view of wishes?" Or should I just leave it alone and hope for a good woods view room? I spent so much time researching poly when I thought we'd stay there, but I don't know much about WL other than what's posted in this thread.

If you call resort reservations they can add several requests for you. The higher floors of the north wing woods view rooms have the best chance of having a view of the fireworks, but you could also see them from the beach or from the employee's parking lot. The beach view isn't the best view, though, but you'll be able to see the highest fireworks. :)

The day has finally arrived. I am sitting at the airport in Cleveland waiting to head to WDW. :banana: I cannot wait to walk into the WL and begin this long overdue vacation. Hope to run into a few of you at the WL. If I've got a Goofy shirt and a cap with the Ohio State Buckeyes on it, that would be me. :goodvibes
We'll be at the airport 24 hours from now. It looks like good traveling weather. I'll keep a look out for you. :goodvibes If it is cold out I'll have my green Tigger jacket on, or maybe my white hooded sweatshirt with the little Mickey emblem on it, both of which I've had for years and years. ::MickeyMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter