(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know when it's official:)

I sure will :thumbsup2.

:wave:
Hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break.

Same to you, KOOK :goodvibes.

Mine was nice in that I got a cold, which wouldn't be awesome except for the fact that with every sneeze I was thinking "at least I'm having this now, and now in 10 days while I'm at Disney". Of course, a cold last week does not mean I won't get one next week, but it helped me cope.

8 days!!!

Hope you're feeling better :flower3:. Have a great trip in 8 days :dance3:.

Thank you sooo much for this thread. It's a wealth of info.
We're going to be at WDW Feb 21- 23 AKL, Feb 23-Mar 1 CR CL. Wahoooooo!!!

:cool1::cool1:

Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon!

Cheers,

Have a great time :yay:.

Changed my ressie for my birthday trip to an Atrium Club room. I'm VERY excited! First time staying club :)

Congrats on CL.....hope you have a great trip and enjoy CL :wizard:.

WDWKOOK,

We are having breakfast at Trail's End one day and will see if we can at some point do the carriage or sled ride so we will be at FW at least once if not twice.

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

So jealous of that gorgeous weather. Hoping for the same sunny skies and 80s next week. So far the 10 day is telling me I'm looking at 75s or so. Even so, better than the 20s I'm rocking up north.

Happy Contemporary Day everyone!:wizard:

Is this typical that no moderates are discounted? Trying to get a better feel on discounts for our May trip. We are booked at BCV but want to add two days to our trip at CSR.

Regarding the AP Discount recently released:

(from Mousesavers)
Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

Stay dates: 1/4/14 – 4/12/14

Get a substantial discount off regular “Rack” rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Sample rates:
•25% off Value resorts (offer excludes Art of Animation - Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, see below)
•37% off Deluxe Resorts: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool Rooms and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Standard/Woods View Rooms
•37% off Deluxe Villa Resorts: Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West Villas and Saratoga Springs

Offer excludes campsites, Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Villas at Grand Floridian and 3-bedroom villas.

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 4/12/14.
•To reserve a room with the Annual Passholder discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the Annual Passholder rates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had success booking at BLT with this discount during this time frame? I know in the past I've read that other (non listed) resorts have been available with the AP rate, and it's not listed in the "excluded" section. We're waiting for an AP rate for July, but the fact that BLT hasn't been listed on the last two discounts is making me nervous!

You too!!

Mine was nice in that I got a cold, which wouldn't be awesome except for the fact that with every sneeze I was thinking "at least I'm having this now, and now in 10 days while I'm at Disney". Of course, a cold last week does not mean I won't get one next week, but it helped me cope.

8 days!!!
Hope your cold is gone. No one ever wants to be sick on vacation:sick:

Thank you sooo much for this thread. It's a wealth of info.
We're going to be at WDW Feb 21- 23 AKL, Feb 23-Mar 1 CR CL. Wahoooooo!!!
You're welcome and I'll add you to the Log-orail. Are you staying Atrium or Tower Club?

Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon!

Cheers,
popcorn:::hyper:
I would love to be able to post some of your suite photos to the first page.

Changed my ressie for my birthday trip to an Atrium Club room. I'm VERY excited! First time staying club :)
Perfect birthday present! Happy birthday early!

WDWKOOK,

We are having breakfast at Trail's End one day and will see if we can at some point do the carriage or sled ride so we will be at FW at least once if not twice.
Then you have all of Bay Lake covered:thumbsup2. Make sure you have the pulled-pork BBQ Eggs Benedict from the TE buffet. We love it and talk about it all the time. It's even better than The Samoan at Kona.

Can you add me to the Log-orail too? We have switched from VWL to a 2BR at BLT Lake View for 4/5 through 4/12. Super excited; our first stay at CR/BLT!

VP Suite

Here are my first impressions and a few pictures of the Tower Club's VP Suite. It is the first time I am posting pictures, so pardon me if it doesn't work.

Room 4904 looks really nice and is quite spacious.
- Large living room with wet bar, full refrigerator and a full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub) off the foyer
- Equally large master bedroom with a king size bed, with two bathrooms (one equal to the above and one with a very large wal-in shower)
- Second bedroom with another king size bed and full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub)

A few issues let us down a bit; I can provide more later if any one is interested in a more thorough review. All in all, it is being a great experience so far! Still seven more days to go!

Here are the pictures. Feel free to post them in the first page!

Foyer

Living Room

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Master Bath #1

Master Bath #2

Second Bedroom

Cheers,

Burg: I would be very interested in knowing what the usurps were. Please post or PM me when you get a chance. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

Can you add me to the Log-orail too? We have switched from VWL to a 2BR at BLT Lake View for 4/5 through 4/12. Super excited; our first stay at CR/BLT!
Did you take the boat over from VWL? Glad you found us over here and you're going to love BLT! The villas are beautiful and very spacious with amazing views.

Our last trip was 2 bdrm lake view at BLT....amazing!!! Have fun!
:)

VP Suite

Here are my first impressions and a few pictures of the Tower Club's VP Suite. It is the first time I am posting pictures, so pardon me if it doesn't work.

Room 4904 looks really nice and is quite spacious.
- Large living room with wet bar, full refrigerator and a full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub) off the foyer
- Equally large master bedroom with a king size bed, with two bathrooms (one equal to the above and one with a very large wal-in shower)
- Second bedroom with another king size bed and full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub)

A few issues let us down a bit; I can provide more later if any one is interested in a more thorough review. All in all, it is being a great experience so far! Still seven more days to go!

Here are the pictures. Feel free to post them in the first page!

Cheers,
Thank you so much for those elusive post-rehab VP photos! I hope the rest of your vacation is relaxing and fun and post whenever you get the chance:goodvibes

Burg: I would be very interested in knowing what the usurps were. Please post or PM me when you get a chance. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!
I, too would love to read the good, bad, etc… about the Tower Club, suite or CR in general. The information is valuable to many going soon and/or planning trips.
popcorn::

Wowsers!!

That room looks amazing. Absolutely.

What is the rack rate on that puppy?

I, too, would be interested in all aspects of your stay. The good, the bad, and the oooooh lordy this is nice.

I check in in 4 days!! :cool1::cool1:

I won't bore you with my run of the mill tower BLV pics. But, I assure you, I will be "living the dream" all week long in our room.

I've got my magic bands, my FP+ booked. Ran into one glitch trying to book a wishes FP+, and the IT CM I talked to was so fun, we had a great convo. She gave me my first bit of Disney Magic for this trip and booked 4 FP+ for me for that day. :woohoo:

In other fun and exciting news, my kids still have absolutely NO idea.:thumbsup2

Happyjen27 said:
Wowsers!!

That room looks amazing. Absolutely.

What is the rack rate on that puppy?

I'm pretty sure it's in the "if you have to ask you probably can't afford it" range.

So my FIL surprised by DH and by offering to pay for dinner at Victoria & Alberts for our trip in May!! We always do a date night and leave the kids with G&G on our trips. We had an ADR at Narcooses which I was really looking forward to but it's going to have to wait for next time, can't pass up the opportunity to eat at V&A. What a trip! Two firsts - BLT and V&A's!!

We have stayed in both 1 and 2 br villas and love BLT! We are family of 4, dh,dw, dd18 and ds16. We can get away with the 1 br but so many times dd and i would come back at night late to find the guys in the king. (Me stuck with sleeper)I decided having a second br meant I got a real bed on vacation. We also invite the inlaws and put them in king room and we have 3 queens and a twin still available.

I love the talking elevators, the whimsy of the curved halls, the modern feel, and so much more! If you have not yet found the thread by worktoplay in dvc resort section, ther are some GREAT pictures of views and rooms:)!

Any questions let me know! We are trying VGF this January but BLT is still a favorite of ours:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!