(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we needed to book one night before our cruise in October, and we wanted to use extra DVC points we had. We wanted to do BC or WL, but those were both sold out for the 7th month booking. The only BLT booking available was TPV. Since that night also happens to our 10th anniversary, we took it!

We'll be able to watch Wishes from our balcony for our anniversary. Doesn't sound too bad...

(Ps -- Hi Kook! Looks like we're creeping up in page count... :) )

Scheduling question. Our flight arrives at 9:00am on a wed. We are staying at BLT. Right now we have an ADR for lunch at Akershaus at 1:00. Am I pushing it or do you think we have plenty if time. We also will have to stop at guest services to pick up our PAP's. We're going in May so not worried about weather, but just transit/check in time. Thanks!!

yes, you should be fine.

We can make our FP+ reservations tomorrow. I'm a little nervous since this will be our first experience with the new system. Any last minute tips, advice, suggestions??? :)
Don't be nervous - FP+ is great. It's so easy to use and the great thing about is you can make adjustments many times. You can go back and tweak times and attractions so don't feel like you're stuck. I even changed FP times on location and times were often available within 15 minutes. It's a very flexible system so don't be afraid to make even last minute changes when you're in the park.

:lmao::rotfl2: Well what do they expect if they take away The People's Dole Whips!?!?!! Maybe the page had cookies?
Good one!:rotfl:

So we needed to book one night before our cruise in October, and we wanted to use extra DVC points we had. We wanted to do BC or WL, but those were both sold out for the 7th month booking. The only BLT booking available was TPV. Since that night also happens to our 10th anniversary, we took it!

We'll be able to watch Wishes from our balcony for our anniversary. Doesn't sound too bad...

(Ps -- Hi Kook! Looks like we're creeping up in page count... :) )
Yep, 250 is "jumbo status," so I will post a revised thread soon. I thought I might find you over here after reading your WL post. TPV huh?! Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Hi
Is the bay lake pool a little warmer than the contemporary pool? I remember last year that contemporary pool was freezing...

Going to be visiting i the CR in September and am making some ADRs next week. I'm looking for a recent room service menu with prices, mainly so we can eat something before we head to the airport on the last day. Our Magical express pickup is likely about 730 am, so it would be tight to try and eat at those restaurants in the lobby. Just trying to see if I should try that vs. a 7am ADR.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Btw this my first post. I like it on the disboards.

Going to be visiting i the CR in September and am making some ADRs next week. I'm looking for a recent room service menu with prices, mainly so we can eat something before we head to the airport on the last day. Our Magical express pickup is likely about 730 am, so it would be tight to try and eat at those restaurants in the lobby. Just trying to see if I should try that vs. a 7am ADR. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Btw this my first post. I like it on the disboards.
At that time eating at the airport could be an option too. ME picks up so early you'll have time to kill in the airport anyway. And there are a TON of options.

I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere in the thread (I searched, but didn't see anything), but is there even the possibility of getting studios in BLT that connect? We are taking our kids to Disney for the first time this Oct. and I want to stay at BLT, but looking online there are no 1 BR available for our dates. I am going to look into renting points, but looked on the Disney site just for price comparison and possible availability. We have 3 little ones so I think a studio would absolutely be too small for us. So my thought was if we could get connecting studios we could just rent two of them for about the same price as a 1 BR would have been. But if they were not connected they would automatically rule that idea out.

Alternately, saw that the Garden Wing deluxe room is available for our dates. Anyone stayed there with a party of 5? What would be the downsides of staying there vs. a 1 BR in BLT?

Going to be visiting i the CR in September and am making some ADRs next week. I'm looking for a recent room service menu with prices, mainly so we can eat something before we head to the airport on the last day. Our Magical express pickup is likely about 730 am, so it would be tight to try and eat at those restaurants in the lobby. Just trying to see if I should try that vs. a 7am ADR.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Btw this my first post. I like it on the disboards.

You could always ask them to give you some boxes and take some pastries or something to go. It's true, DME does collect you early and we like to take some counter service snacks or sandwiches to eat at the airport to kill time and to savor one last bit of Disney magic in our mouths :)

And, welcome :goodvibes

Welcome to the thread and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. I'm glad you've found some things to do on your upcoming trips that you didn't get to do in August. I'll put all your dates into the Log-orail. How fun that you have so many trips planned:thumbsup2 That will be great having everyone in one villa and how lucky those 2 kids are to have 10 adults with them on vacation. Here's another :welcome: to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! Thank you for your kind comment about the thread. How sweet that you're taking Grandma to BLT! If you are booking a cash reservation, you can add your request to your reservation anytime. The Room Assignor will see it 3-5 days prior to your arrival. To help you with a villa request, we would need to know what villa size you're booking. This BLT ROOM VIEW THREAD will help you choose a location. I'll add your dates and I completely understand loving both WL and CR/BLT:love:

What is Log-orail? I want on!! This will be our first stay at BLT 1br TPV from 9/13-9/20! So pumped!!! This thread is awesome!

Hello all!!

I'm joining in on this thread as I just booked DH and I in a Lake View Studio at BLT!!!!! Words can't express how excited I am...for several reasons. For starters, this will be our first ever trip without the kids!!!!! We haven't vacationed just the two of us since about 10 months before my 14yo was born. Secondly, it will be our first time onsite!! As a family of 5, we usually stay offsite so we figured, since it's just the two of us why not stay onsite??

DH really wanted to stay on the monorail and BLT seemed perfect.

Can't wait to learn more about the resort by hanging out in this thread. :cool1:

Hello all!!

I'm joining in on this thread as I just booked DH and I in a Lake View Studio at BLT!!!!! Words can't express how excited I am...for several reasons. For starters, this will be our first ever trip without the kids!!!!! We haven't vacationed just the two of us since about 10 months before my 14yo was born. Secondly, it will be our first time onsite!! As a family of 5, we usually stay offsite so we figured, since it's just the two of us why not stay onsite??

DH really wanted to stay on the monorail and BLT seemed perfect.

Can't wait to learn more about the resort by hanging out in this thread. :cool1:
When are you going? I know what you mean by being so excited! This will be the second trip for my husband and I. We cannot wait. Last time we stayed at Coronado Springs. So this will be great being able to walk to MK and the monorail hopping! I am so excited. I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip :)

Does anyone know if grand villa at bl has laundry soap, don t want to buy any if I don't have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter