(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked into BWI on Thursday room 2282. Awesome Location and is was refurbished. Only about 2/3 of the rooms have been refurbished yet. You can still see a lot of Old carpet in the Hallway in floor 1, 2 and 3. so make sure you request an New room. Love the resort but having lots of Magic Band Troubles.

Our dates are nov 11-16, 3 rooms, standard view. Celebrating Granddaughter's 3rd bday.

Is the refurb done?

Just wondering what the nightly entertainers are on the Boardwalk. I heard the magician is no longer there. Too bad, he was great. Also I read someone said to ask for a new refurbished room. Do we really get an option??? And how's the weather? Thanks!

Just wondering what the nightly entertainers are on the Boardwalk. I heard the magician is no longer there. Too bad, he was great. Also I read someone said to ask for a new refurbished room. Do we really get an option??? And how's the weather? Thanks!
If the magician you are talking about is the one who does card tricks, he was still here this past week. We saw him Monday (13th) on the Boardwalk. Tuesday, when I got back from Epcot after nearly drowning in the rain, he was indoors by the lounge on the 2nd floor near the lobby (on the Inn side). Would have stopped to watch again only I was dripping wet. Right now the weather is good (I live in Winter Garden), but they are watching a low in the Gulf for later in the week. Hard to say what it will be when you get here. They said the rain was through for the night on Tuesday when I decided to go to Epcot. It wasn't. I hope we have the weather we have now for you- lows aroung 60, highs in low to mid 80's

Our dates are nov 11-16, 3 rooms, standard view. Celebrating Granddaughter's 3rd bday. Is the refurb done?
So from what I gathered floors 5 and 4 are done. But on floors 3, 2 and 1 only the boardwalk facing wing is done (which includes standard views). According to the concierge.

I'm planning to do laundry mid-week during our stay. What is the best time to throw a load in?

We stayed in the room right next to the laundry room once, so I used to get up around 5 or 6 and take the laundry over with my coffee and watch morning news with my coffee while doing the laundry (while everyone else slept - and it was chilly out so the balcony may have been too cool at that hour!).

I probably did laundry at least 3 times that way, and never saw anyone else in the room. It was a nice way to get it done and enjoy my coffee in peace!

I think the laundry room was on the 4th floor.

Our dates are nov 11-16, 3 rooms, standard view. Celebrating Granddaughter's 3rd bday. Is the refurb done?

We are here now on the third floor. Coming off the elevator to the left the rooms are being worked on. There is a temporary construction door set up blocking off that section. But going to the right off the elevator the rooms seem to be all clear. Saw lots of workers going in and out of the blocked section the couple times we were down that way. HTH

We are here now on the third floor. Coming off the elevator to the left the rooms are being worked on. There is a temporary construction door set up blocking off that section. But going to the right off the elevator the rooms seem to be all clear. Saw lots of workers going in and out of the blocked section the couple times we were down that way. HTH

Thanks for the info; we arrive in about 90 minutes. :drive:

All the best. :thumbsup2

On first week of October, there was the one that balances, which I've seen before. There were two others - one who swallowed swords and one who did some juggling. My younger dd got picked to be the audience participant for that show. I added pictures in my Trip Report.

Were you on the villas or the inn side? DD usually gets up around 6, so I figure we'll do it in the morning. Good to hear it isn't busy then!

Tuesday, when I got back from Epcot after nearly drowning in the rain… They said the rain was through for the night on Tuesday when I decided to go to Epcot. It wasn't. I hope we have the weather we have now for you- lows aroung 60, highs in low to mid 80's

Wasn't that amazing? We were in MK on Tuesday and I was SO happy that the rain had ended for the day. We were in COP and came out to a DELUGE! It was right around 6pm; I remember because we had to head towards the monorail at 6 so we could make our 7pm ADR at Kona Cafe. THe rain was INCREDIBLE, more than a downpour, with torrents rushing along the sidewalk, flooding my crocs!

Were you on the villas or the inn side? DD usually gets up around 6, so I figure we'll do it in the morning. Good to hear it isn't busy then!

Last Tuesday I was doing laundry at about 7:15am on the villas side. There was only one other machine in use. By the time I went down at 9 to check the dryer, all 3 washers were in use with a family waiting to start a load. Be forewarned that it takes a degree in engineering to figure out how to operate these machines! :lmao: There are detailed instructions on the wall, and fortunately the machines are free so if you mess up you can try again without wasting money, but starting the machine is a bit counter-intuitive. :upsidedow

We were on the Inn side that trip, but I agree if you like to get up early, throw on some sweats (I swear I was in my pj's probably!) and do it early.

On first week of October, there was the one that balances, which I've seen before. There were two others - one who swallowed swords and one who did some juggling. My younger dd got picked to be the audience participant for that show. I added pictures in my Trip Report.

I've never seen a sword swallower out there, that sounds pretty impressive. In the past, we've seen two or three different magicians out, so it wouldn't surprise me for some to move on and them to bring in new talent fairly regularly.

I've never seen a sword swallower out there, that sounds pretty impressive. In the past, we've seen two or three different magicians out, so it wouldn't surprise me for some to move on and them to bring in new talent fairly regularly.

We saw one there many years ago. It's so freaky!! It's one thing to watch one on TV, but to see him do it standing right in front of you, icky.

Does anyone know when the refurb is scheduled to be done? We have friends staying at BW in December and they were wondering.

Thanks!

Hi! :wave2: Myself, DH and our 3 children will be traveling to WDW and staying at BWI Club level 11/14-11/20. Will you please add me to the list? Thanks!

Does anyone know when the refurb is scheduled to be done? We have friends staying at BW in December and they were wondering. Thanks!
Nobody really knows. Before I arrived last week i had called and they told me no refurbishments would be going on during my stay. Yesterday I had a note in my room about construction noise during 9am until 5pm.

Hi! :wave2: Myself, DH and our 3 children will be traveling to WDW and staying at BWI Club level 11/14-11/20. Will you please add me to the list? Thanks!

Enjoy! My husband and I are there the same days. We've stayed club with our 2 teens and enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter