Clinique substitution??

CarlisleMom

Mouseketeer
I love Clinque's redness solution line. My face really needs it. I just hate the cost and only buy at bonus time...Hitting all the stores in my area to stockpile until the next bonus time. Might at well get some freebies if I am spending the $$.

Does anyone have a cheaper solution? I am looking for a facial cleaner and moisturizer.

Thanks for the help!

If you get it at sephora, they have coupons occasionally for 10 or 15% off, and an annual sale of 20% off in the late fall. That would save you some money! Sephora also participates in eBates.

As a freelance make-up artist, I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. If your skin loves it, it's worth it! :goodvibes

hi there! i work for dior, but use many clinique products when my eczema flares. i am an avid fan of the redness moisturizer!! i have some tips for you!!

1. you can go to your local drugstore and get a cetaphil cleanser. it's super gentle and i have read recommendations for it by dior's own famous dermatologist, neil sadick.

2. don't skimp on the moisturizer. although it's pricey, this is the one splurge that you need. look online at all the department stores for someone in gift time. the stores go at different times so you can almost always find someone having a gift. december and january most lines don't do gifts because of holiday promotions. if the website won't offer free shipping... call a random store directly and ask because they are most likely sale hungry and will do it for sure!

**stores to try are:
macys, dillards, belk, boscovs, bonton, nordstrom, bloomingdales, saks, neiman marcus... plus any other department store in your area that may have clinique.

3. if you use the redness urgent relief cream... use a lose dose hydrocortizone cream instead. that's all that it is--hydrocortizone is the main ingredient.

if you have any other questions... don't hesitate to ask!!

Eucerin has a complete line of redness relief products that work well. CVS tends to have "buy one, get one half off" every other month or so.

Hope that helps,
Laura

I use Arbonne. Is it cheap? No, not even close. But there are no chemicals in their products. Most of the products are plant based. You may be allergic to the chemicals that are used in most beauty products. Even Arbonne's makeup is very light feeling on your face. I don't know how to describe it.

I go to a really neat website called Makeup Alley. People review makeup and skin care products. I've found some really good products by looking through the ones that are highly rated.

I have extremely sensitive skin and roseacea and use Purpose moisturizer SPF 15. It's very gentle, very light and doesn't have a ton of chemicals. I'm having a bout of very dry skin at the moment, though, and miss Clinique (My mom uses Clinique and when I was growing up that's all I would use when my skin was bothering me). We live in a very rural area and there just isn't a place to buy Clinique around here. I find that hydrocortizone cream does help and is quite cheap. I have Eucerin redness relief cleanser but I don't use it every day. I often just wash my face with warm water because my skin is SO sensitive. I have heard great things about Cetaphil cleanser as well, and there is generic Cetaphil cleanser in most discount stores. I also frequent Makeup Alley and have gotten some good recommendations there.

All that said, if the Clinique works for you, it might be worth the money in the long run. I've wasted so much money on products that were inexpensive but didn't work! (if you try something else, does Rite Aid still have their cosmetic return policy? I used to buy all my makeup and facial stuff there because I knew I could return it if it didn't work or made me break out. Then once I knew something wouldn't bother me I'd buy it at Walmart where it was cheaper.)

May I ask what your redness is from, and how much help does the CLinique provide??? I have rosacea in one area that is only getting worse every year. Worse with the cold weather, eating certain foods, etc.

I bought some of the Clinique redness line, but am also searching for more products to cover up/eliminate redness. So, great thread! Thank you for posting!

May I ask what your redness is from, and how much help does the CLinique provide??? I have rosacea in one area that is only getting worse every year. Worse with the cold weather, eating certain foods, etc.

I bought some of the Clinique redness line, but am also searching for more products to cover up/eliminate redness. So, great thread! Thank you for posting!

For cover up purposes, try a tinted moisturizer or cover up cream with a green base in it. Clinique at least used to have one and Estee Lauder did as well. They are actually green in the tube though, so meant to be used sparingly and under other foundation.

I have mild rosacea just on that high part of my cheeks and I use the clinique redness control foundation.... it works very well. I've tried several other types of foundation and this is definitely the best for me. The only thing is that I have to have moisturizer on underneath it or it doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as others :confused3

OP: my dermatologist told me to use Cerave moisturizer and cleanser since my skin is so sensitive and prone to redness. The biggest bottle is about $9 at walmart, but it lasts awhile. I really like it.

OP here:

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to print this thread tomorrow with all the suggestions. Since the round of bonuses seems to be starting here (Central PA) next week with Bon-Ton, I stick to what is currently working. I'll try some less expensive solutions in the summer when I don't have to worry about going to work.

Reagan&CO: I have what I think (and my sister) is rosacea. My checks and chin get very red, dry and itchy. It is worse this winter with working full time after being a SHAM for 7 years. I do work as an aide in a K classroom and take the kids out for recess for 30 minutes 4 times per week. We only stay in if the blacktop is covered in snow or ice.

I definitely can tell when I don't use the clinique products for a few days. I only use the cleanser and moisturizer. I rarely wear makeup so that I can reapply moisturizer at lunch time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter