Clean Eating Recipes

Anything in particular you are looking for?

I recommend checking out Tosca Reno's web site with clean eating recipes and her weight loss book. She is the queen of clean eating. I included one recipe here, but you will find plenty more on her web site.

Jerk-Spiced Tilapia with Asparagus and Rice Pilaf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YIELD: 4
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 6 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details

The sun is blazing, the temperature is rising, and the barbeque is calling your name. Get outside and grill up a light and delicious meal full of protein and flavor. Aaaay! Caliente!

Ingredients

• 1 tsp / 5 ml thyme
• 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
• 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
• 1 tsp / 5 ml ground ginger
• 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml cinnamon
• 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
• 1 tsp / 5 ml freshly ground black pepper
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml lime juice
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml olive oil
• 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml ground cloves
• 4 tilapia fillets

Preparation

Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
Coat tilapia fillets with olive oil. Pat both sides with spices.
Sauté each fillet until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook!
Nutrients Per Serving

Calories: 160
Protein: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 242 mg
Cholesterol: 50 mg

What is clean eating exactly? I've never heard of it; but the recipe you posted sounds yummy. Whall I just google the name of hte person you mentioned in your post :confused3 ....I think I will. Thanks for the tip ;)

I love to make a veggie stir fry and put it over protein, right now my choice is hard boiled eggs cut up

IN a non-stick pan -- (no butter, no pam, i don't use oil)

broccoli, mushrooms, onion, pepper, minced garlic, diced celery

Cover and cook about 5-10 mins over med-high, stirring every two mins or so

Dice up eggs, chicken whatever your protein choice is -

Cover with your veggie stir fry

I've got a couple. This one is actually from a Weight Watchers Cookbook, but would, I believe, qualify:

Dal is an Indian dish usually made with lentils. It is sometimes served as a soup and sometimes as a side dish or condiment to complement a buffet or other Indian foods.

Makes 8 servings

1 lb red lentils, picked over and rinsed
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 T grated fresh ginger
1 T canola oil
2 t ground cumin
2 t ground coriander
1/2 t ground turmeric (optional)
1 t salt (to taste)
4c low sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth
2 c water

In a slow cooker, place the lentils, garlic, onions, carrots, ginger, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt. Pour in the broth and water; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low until the lentils are soft and the vegetable tender, 9-10 hours

Per Serving (1 cup) 235 Cal, 2g Fat, 0g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg chol, 547mg sodum, 39 g carb. 10 g Fiber, 16 g. protein, 70 mg calcium

Notes: I had not fresh ginger, so I put in what seemed like an appropriate amount of dried, ground ginger. It didn't ruin the soup, anyhow. I also started this at about 5pm and cooking it on the stove, it is ready in a little less than an hour. You just make it like a regular soup: saute the vegetables in the oil, add the lentils, spices and broth/water and cook until it turns into mush. I also added chopped green peppers and would like to use peppers with a little more kick next time.

Breakfasts:
I like to do protein pancakes!
-1/3 cup of oats, I put them through the blender to smooth them out a little bit
-2 eggs
-1 mashed banana
Get it as "batter-y" as possible, then make them like regular pancakes. I like to top them with peanut butter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter