Clairebear & Tomouse PTR with possibility of magicbands?!

Claire Bear

Mouseketeer
Ok, with 11 days to our trip I thought I'd do a mini PTR :)

So this trip is just me and my DBF. I'm Claire and I'm 30, we booked the trip to celebrate my 30th ( So I wasn't completely miserable about the big 3-0!). I work as a head of year in a secondary school so like many others we're tied to school hols. My DBF is 24 and has never been to Disney! (In fact he's only ever been on holiday in Europe!). This will be my 4th trip but the last time I went was 8 years ago when I stayed at CBR.
Here's a picture of me and DBF taken last week when we went to Barcelona.

5bb04cf615e87de5003c9454701483f1_zps80b5794a.jpg

This trip is for 13 nights (Flight prices worked out a lot cheaper than 14). We are staying at a Premier Inn the night before then we fly from Manchester with Virgin Atlantic on the 16th August.

First 4 night we are staying at SpringHill Suites SeaWorld and hope to go to SW, IOA and US. We won't have a car so we will just rely on taxis and the I-trolley/ lynx bus.

The next 9 nights we are staying at YC, I've always wanted to stay here and can't wait to swim in SAB! Now this is where the possibility of magicbands comes in to play. YC is part of the August test and on my MDE app I was able to choose and customise our bands I have also selected our FP+ reservations and although I've received an email to say our bands have been shipped to the resort, I haven't actually had the official test invite, so who knows! Watch this space!

5e193d44b96f5c15e780eec36cac2ffc_zps3dea3866.jpg

559da5a24e7483461d9b872f8190bbfa_zps735f8356.jpg

I'll look forward to seeing if you get your bands!
How far in advance did they appear on your app?

I'd love to have them for Oct as we never use FP much normally and being able to do it in advance would be great for us.

I love reading trip reports, though especially couples reports!
There's only DH and me so I feel like I can get more tips for things for us to do too :)

Look forward to the rest

Thanks westgeove and wiigirl. I noticed the magicband section on the MDE app on the 16th July so just over a month before although it may have been there longer!
I've read that people who are there now who have magicbands have been able to use normal fastpasses too so that would be a bonus, but either way I've enjoyed being able to select rides and preferred locations for firework displays etc.
I'll put some pics of the reservations etc when I get chance :)

We will be at Yacht club from the 19th we also picked our Magicbands:thumbsup2 and got the email saying pick them up at the resort also.
We contacted I.P.O. as we a staying club level and were told yes!!! we are in the test

Hi Claire,

Did you use a WDW Travel UK reservation in MDE?

I've tried to link our reservation number through the app but it keeps being declined! We still have a year til our next trip but just wondered if I need to get a different reservation number to make it link?

Hi Claire,

Did you use a WDW Travel UK reservation in MDE?

I've tried to link our reservation number through the app but it keeps being declined! We still have a year til our next trip but just wondered if I need to get a different reservation number to make it link?

Hi! I did book via the Disney UK site and linked the reservation with the number on my invoice/ confirmation email. Can't remember how many digits it was but it was all numbers. I'll check when I get home for you.

Thanks Claire.

Maybe it had an off day when I did it before and it will work when I try again!

Thanks Claire.

Maybe it had an off day when I did it before and it will work when I try again!

This is going to be no help whatsoever!! I had a look, my original email is a 6 digit number then the subsequent emails, there are two numbers in front of the original 6, so 8 digits. Then when I phoned to make an amendment they gave me a 3 letter and 5 number code to make adr's! I am pretty sure I was using the app before making adr's so I'm guessing the 8 digit reservation number is what used. :/

Right, a bit more info about our trip.

Thursday 15th - DBF is working but as soon as he finishes we are setting off to Manchester, we're staying at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North. We're not flying till 1:45pm on Friday but we thought it would be less stressful to stay over (We nearly missed a flight last year after we were stuck on the M62 stand still traffic for hours due to a crash, we had to run to the gate!). Plus the Premier Inn was only £29!

Friday 16th - We'll drive to the airport, as we've booked the Meet & Greet parking service so we'll see what that's like.
We're flying with Virgin, DBF has never been on a long plane journey but we've just bought an iPad so hopefully that will keep us entertained alongside the films and eating rotfl!
By the time we're through immigration, grab a taxi and finally get to SpringHill Suites SeaWorld I don't think we'll feel like doing anything!

9ae7212738455ecc724f5c96f86b5808_zps3fc8050c.jpg

Saturday 17th - We get breakfast included at the hotel then we'll be off to SeaWorld! I'm hoping we will get the express passes (One of the benefits of staying at SeaWorld partner hotel). Looking forward to feeding the dolphins and seeing Shamu!

Sunday 18th - We think we'll head to IOA probably via taxi. I'm really looking forward to seeing HP land. Think DBF will be a bit overwhelmed by it all. From reading threads on the DIS, I've bought a Cath Kidston lanyard (Strawberry design), matching purse and matching camera case (Obviously these are necessities!!! Ha) and DBF will wear shorts with big pockets (Heehee) so we can avoid the whole locker situation!

Monday 19th - We'll go to US but I'm planning on us going to Golden Coral first for breakfast. This is one of the places I remember we went to when I was a child. I think DBF will love the all you can eat breakfast, as long as he doesn't eat so much he's sick on the rides!! :p

I'd love to go to Aquatica and go play crazy golf within these 3 days but just not sure we'll have the time. I imagine we'll need a fairly easy day on Tuesday after this busy schedule.

Tuesday 20th - I think we'll do some shopping at the outlets or the mall before getting a taxi and heading to Disney! YC here we come, can't wait to be swimming in SAB!

Hi there girls , if it's any help we use our US reservation number and our password to access our MDE maybe that's what you need to do
your ADRs too.you should get individual numbers for each reservation that you secure and it should be kept in your app MDE for you so you can give it to a CM at each relevant location to be seated. I think the WDW servers had some glitches yesterday it should hopefully be rectified by now just try the app again.

Thanks to both of you :). I called Disney and they said I would need the ten digit number but that wouldn't be available til about 225 days out, so I'll call back in a few months :)

Claire, your plans sound great :D

Make sure all loose items are secure including cash, cameras and phones and sunglasses before you go on the rides some of them in IoA are renowned for parting guests from their possessions, wetness is one thing to worry about too keep some valuables in ziplock bags if you are going on boat rides you will get soaked and the same applies in Seaworld unless you think ahead you can get very very wet.

Thanks! I'm a bit worried about our paper DC ticket getting wet while we're at SeaWorld, I've already thrown some ziplock bags in the suitcase (Just keep randomly chucking stuff in before I pack but it's already half full of what looks like junk!). Plan is to put my cath kidston stuff in the ziplock bags then put them in DBF's shorts which have zips when we go on the rides - He thinks I'm crazy telling him which shorts he'll have to wear on what days but I'm just being prepared!

Thanks! I'm a bit worried about our paper DC ticket getting wet while we're at SeaWorld, I've already thrown some ziplock bags in the suitcase (Just keep randomly chucking stuff in before I pack but it's already half full of what looks like junk!). Plan is to put my cath kidston stuff in the ziplock bags then put them in DBF's shorts which have zips when we go on the rides - He thinks I'm crazy telling him which shorts he'll have to wear on what days but I'm just being prepared!

A girl who thinks like me! You will really appreciate all the forward planning once you get there.
It comes to something when our DS13 remembers rides by which items his Dad lost on them ...go figure he can't remember what he had for dinner yesterday but he can recall stuff like this! He is lucky though we have been taking him since just before he turned a year old and our next trip will be his seventh visit.
We have tried to make plans for every trip and usually I get some common sense stuff organised for each park. This year we are going to do days with selected locations without a camera and then we will take one on our next day at that location. This reduces the bag check line times for us too, waist bags are handy ( not a normal item for me but hey if it helps) and can be subtly hidden under t-shirts if you don't want pockets full of stuff every time you sit down. Believe me it can be uncomfortable in hot weather to be sat anywhere with loose change getting hotter in your pockets heating up your legs and paper passes still can get damp with all the humidity. I used to take a small bag with ziplock bags of things like wipes lip balms tissues eye drops sunscreen etc it wasn't a problem to carry but could cause delays getting into parks. Security staff can and do search all bag pockets so some guests with big strollers and baby care bags really cause some bottle necks in the lines but once you are through you should be fine to enjoy your day.

Your DS is very lucky! I went twice when I was a child, I think I was 9 then 13. My Mum and Dad won the holiday to Florida when I was 13 in a RNLI raffle! When I went when I was 22 and stayed at CBR I did no planning whatsoever, I didn't know about ADR's or anything! Now I'm more mature I obsessively planning, determined for DBF to have a great time and I'm so excited!
I read the tip on YC/BC thread about taking a drawstring bag in your pocket to avoid bag checks so we'll try that at the Disney parks :)

We know how lucky he has been, it certainly beats our childhood summer holidays, DH was often popping around attending dog shows with his family they used to breed and show cockers and springers and judge them too as well as going camping. I was often taken camping all over the UK usually in August after much grumbling from my parents about the cost if it all. Got flooded out in a few campsites too and experienced a few museums and walks. Neither of our sets of parents wanted to travel out of the country . DS is lucky that he has never had to bunk up with anyone in a cramped tent or caravan in awful weather for a couple of weeks at a time with us, he has done on residential school stays but I don't think he enjoyed those days.
Be prepared for your OH to get a little culture shock when he gets there it isn't like a holiday in Europe even though we speak the same language as the Floridians it's still a lot to absorb.

I was 30 when I first flew to Florida with DH he got me addicted to all this, he's two years younger than me and he had been twice with a mate before we even met. I had no idea what anything there would be like until I got a taste of it. I can say though that I love it there and I think your OH will too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts