CK - Valley Forge

completely forgot Lisa's class was my 4:30....I am going to check in at my hotel (the Fairfield Inn) and then head over to the convention center about 3:45 so that I can get my bearings.....

Let me know if you need anything. I live about 10-15 minutes away and I'm very familiar with the area. Restaurants, the mall, Michael's. You name it.

I'll be there on Friday. I didnt' sign up for anything on Sat. Not sure if I will shop on Friday or sat. Some of us are planning to head to the flower ware house on Sat afternoon. It is about 40 minutes away. But they have a nice scrap section and 35 cent bazzil paper! (acutally I think all of their paper is that price.)

Blueball PA off of Rt 10
It is a really neat place lots and lots of crafts! But they opened a new room just for scrapping which for me now is the only "real" scrap store kind of near me!

I think I know where it is! Cool. My MIL and I will have to check it out! Just what I need... :rolleyes1

Do you know where shady maple is? It is basically right behind there. You pass Shady Maple on your left at the next light I believe it is a really nasty looking intersection, hard to get out you will be turning left. Then you go a little bit and I think you take the first right and you will see the ware house.

Well, my classes yesterday were great! My fav was the Lisa Bearnson's class. We made a really cute 6x6 book. She is amazingly down to earth too, just a really nice person. I also got to say "Hi" to tggrdisney.

My next class was the organizational class using scraprack. LOVED the info and bought the system. Just made a lot of sense to me, and I'll be posting before and afters...my craft room is a MESS, so anything will be an improvement.

My last class was a cardstock class. I was getting tired by then, and made some stupid mistakes with my cuts, but the pages came out good anyway.

I didn't finish Lisa's book or the cardstock pages. I still have titles and rub-ons to finish. I'll post pics when I get them done...

Next year I'm taking the time off from work (putting in for it tonight) and staying local. I was talking with a girl that was having a blast in the Thursday night crop. All I kept saying is...next year I'm going to stay and play too :teeth:

I'm glad you had a great time Debbie! :teeth: OTOH I spent most of the day telling myself that I'm not doing this next year!! LOL OMG! I'm soooo tired!

I guess the worst part was that there was a power outage for a 2 sq. mile area that included the Convention Center. They said power went out at 1am & when I got there at 9am everyone was standing around outside. By the time I made it inside to the registration table to pick up the tickets, it was already 11:30 & my blood sugar was 34. Then I still had to hike over to my classroom, which was the one furthest away. :rolleyes: I got the class kit, but didn't have time to do more than open it before class was over.

But after lunch I went shopping (when I could actually get into the booths...they were incredibly crowded - at least the ones I wanted to see) and spent too much money. LOL Tomorrow I'm going back for 4 classes, but I think I'll call first to make sure they have power! ;)

piratesmate said:
I'm glad you had a great time Debbie! :teeth: OTOH I spent most of the day telling myself that I'm not doing this next year!! LOL OMG! I'm soooo tired!

I guess the worst part was that there was a power outage for a 2 sq. mile area that included the Convention Center. They said power went out at 1am & when I got there at 9am everyone was standing around outside. By the time I made it inside to the registration table to pick up the tickets, it was already 11:30 & my blood sugar was 34. Then I still had to hike over to my classroom, which was the one furthest away. :rolleyes: I got the class kit, but didn't have time to do more than open it before class was over.

But after lunch I went shopping (when I could actually get into the booths...they were incredibly crowded - at least the ones I wanted to see) and spent too much money. LOL Tomorrow I'm going back for 4 classes, but I think I'll call first to make sure they have power! ;)

Wow, that sounds terrible...Well, except for the shopping part :teeth: The power was out all night? Not good!!! I hope that today goes better for you!

When we got there on Fri, the power was out until 11 or so. Not a lot of fun, but most people were very nice. Super crowded at first, but I guess people got tired, so it cleared out. My MIL and I took 7 classes together and I took one more. We went to both crops on Fri and Sat. A lot of fun. We got some good swag at the crops. Made a lot of cool projects. Too tired to talk about them now. Can't wait for next year!!

Had a fun time...must say the power outage made for interesting times!
Wish I had met a few of you who came! I did meet Pauline finally! and Buffy! That was fun! We had a hoot at dinner! Saw Piratesmate, Pammyjo and Nicurn. (Pam and Maggie were staying with me.) We did go to the flower ware house on Sat. Got a few more things! It really is a great place! all card stock including Bazzil was 40 cents. Went up 5. They did raise their pattern paper...basic grey is now 60cents. Still not bad!
Lime green certainly was a popular color this year!
I hope next time around we do a little more with organizing a meet!

Oh directions for Flower ware house, Rt 10 to 23 then left onto 322 make first right onto Broad street!

Spinning said:
Lime green certainly was a popular color this year!
I hope next time around we do a little more with organizing a meet!

So true...Lime green was THE color...So, I'm there wondering if all these are DISers :rotfl2: The funny thing is I didn't wear my DIS green top cause I thought I would stand out :lmao:

:cool1: As soon as they have registration set up for next year, we have to plan a DIS meet :grouphug: Maybe do tee shirts or wrist bracelets or paint chip pins...or something so we recognize eachother :teeth:

We could always plan a mini DIS meet at either a Mike's, Jo's or ACMoore. It seems like there is at least 4 of us near KoP

Excellent point! :)

I was going through my stuff that I got and I realized that I have 1 extra acrylic ribbon slider that they gave us at the crops. I only need one. Does anyone want it? It is clear acrylic that they etched to say the CKC logo. I think you could probably chalk it to change the color. Let me know. :thumbsup2

Just want to bump up my question for the acrylic ribbon slider. Any takers? I'll mail it to you and everything! :cool1:

If you really want to get rid of it, I'd love to have it! I'll send you a PM.

I didn't take classes this year, but went shopping! :cool1: They need to have a bigger vendor floor, it was packed! Waited in line for about 20 minutes to get into the dollar scrapbook vender. Definetely worth it! Well, I bought a Cricut......I debated for a few hours and finally gave in. They have plenty in stock! It is so easy to learn how to use and I really like it. At first I had buyer's remorse but now I'm glad I made the purchase.

See ya next year at the show! (Although I wish they would go to a better facility, the convention center is a dump)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter