City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Im here!:wave2:

Well, at least now I've laid down some cyber bread crumbs so I can find my way back when I disappear again.

Your timing couldn't have been better Tanya. :welcome:

Watch out for the cyber squirrels and pidgeons...they love themselves some cyber bread crumbs.

Oh and 4 Judy's

Love how you slipped that in there...that oughtta infuritate Rosie who was hanging around waiting for me to post the chapter.

The Rules Committee declares your answer correct! :cheer:

The points so far:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win

Seeing as 4 has been taken I will say 3 !! and 1 giraffe !!!!!

Nope, there were 3. And the giraffe was in a reply, not the chapter. And we're not looking for giraffes anyway!!! I can hardly monitor the Judy-game, let's not bring giraffes into it -- they'll probably be peeking-out around every corner in NYC...how could I keep up?! ;)

:wave2: Hi Lauren! Glad to hear about NYC!! There's definitely no city like it (though I'm more partial to Boston........but I'm completely biased ;))

Can't wait for more!

I'll pass your comments on to Lauren, but thanks!

I have a niece in Boston. Haven't visited yet though.

If you are ever down at the Delaware beaches you will notice the LSD stickers on a lot of cars. It actually took me awhile to figure out what it was too. :confused3

You probably figured it was a bunch of hippies. :hippie: (Woo hoo! I had no idea when I was ever going to be able to use that smilie. Now we've gotta work on this one --> :crutches: Wait! I just did it! :laughing:)

Joining in! I've lurked on previous TRs and enjoyed them.

:welcome: Shannon! Thanks for joining in, and for reading the earlier trip reports.

Great start! I loved the colors of that building too!

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

On behalf of Lauren, thanks.

I say 4 Judys too.

You are correct, as usual. And as usual....well, I'll leave it at that. ;)

Me too but maybe glenn didn't notice 1 !!!Then I win !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Maybe I can get a point for catching a Double Decker bus home from school regularly!!!:goodvibes:lmao: Or maybe I could say5 and insist their was a Judy reflection in one of the shop windows !!!:rotfl2:

:faint: :rotfl2:

The Rules Committee did look at those window reflections very carefully.

Love that! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:santa:

We say that about crows.

Great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? :scratchin I had no idea crows were prevalent out there.

Thank you.

Glad Lauren and Judy had an uneventful trip into the city! It is funny how many holes they'll punch into those tickets, but I've never seen anything but a ticket resembling Swiss cheese at the end! :laughing:

They navigated the new adventure of NJ Transit just fine!

I love Lauren's description of the train ride and the pictures from the city.

This is my favorite picture.

I counted 3 Judys, but I'm going with 6 because I haven't seen anyone guess that yet.

Thanks Dee!

There were 3 "obvious" Judy's, but one on the train where just part of her arm and hand is visible. ("That's where they get ya", I like to say. :rotfl2:)

Lauren, I think I was 16 the first time I went to NYC and I remember seeing and feeling exactly the same as you. Your descriptions actually brought back some good memories for me. Thank you :goodvibes I look forward to hearing more.

That's awesome!

:rotfl2:I love Judy's description of the pigeons. Very accurate but I have to say, I think NYC pigeons actually have manners...and least compared to those horrid Florida birds:scared1:

Oh you know it....those Florida birds show no mercy when there's a french fry or some other food scrap involved.

I am waiting for the next Judy sighting:rotfl2: as for LSD to me it means pounds ,shillings and pence !!!!:lmao:

What about the euro?

For the ultimate Pidgeon experience go to Trafalgar Square in London!!!:lmao:

I think I saw that on a billboard on I95. :rotfl:

Great start to your portion of the report, Lauren! And its so much fun to hear your perspective on NY. For some of us who live there (or near there), we can get sort of jaded and take all of it for granted. :goodvibes

Thanks! I thought this report might be interesting for you and a few others. :)

3 Judy's

Off to a great start.

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! Nope, there were 4. ::yes::

Have I ever told you that when James plays computer games and you have to enter your name, he always uses "JediJames"? I think I gave him that moniker back when he was a little tyke and we'd play Star Wars Battlefront.

With our kids, she won't suspect a thing.

:rotfl2:

Mrs_Knowitall: "And what's that I smell? Perfume?"
Captain_Oblivious: "No....Elmer's Glue."

I usually call it Slower Delaware. Takes fewer syllables that way, and I'm a very lazy man.

We've gotta shorten Delaware too. 3 syllables is way too many.

What did it say? "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"?

The ticket probably tasted better than Ovaltine.

Excellent use of the word "gargantuan". :thumbsup2

Yeah.
surprised.gif

Welcome to New York!

:lmao:

Yes, inconsiderate of them to disrespect the luggage like that.

"Discounted"? Is that what they're calling them these days? :rotfl:

Yeah, I had to laugh at that too. I'm trying not to edit it...I want it to stay as her voice.

Great job Lauren! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thanks, I'll pass that along.

I guess proper mutilation keeps people from trying to re-use tickets.

Right. You can't have that.

I've always thought that's what bats were, but it's a pretty good description of pigeons as well.

Bats, crows, seagulls, and pigeons.

Hmmm... confirming the accuracy of Hollywood in this case. :lmao:

Just need Godzilla's foot slamming down somewhere up ahead.

Ok, were you really giving him the benefit of the doubt, or just saying that to make yourself feel a little less concerned for your own safety?

:rotfl2: I think you got that one right!

:confused3 Sounds pretty normal to this country bumpkin. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I have a brother-in-law from Brooklyn and I still remember the time he visited us and was yelling "Look at the cows! They're so close to the road!" :rotfl2:

I think you left a word out of that sentence. It starts with "F" and ends with "ake."

I was thinking starts with "Kn" and ends with "ock-off". So yeah, same wavelength.

Thanks for the heads up...even if it is several pages late. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm here and I'll be back soon to catch up.

Nope, there were 3. And the giraffe was in a reply, not the chapter. And we're not looking for giraffes anyway!!! I can hardly monitor the Judy-game, let's not bring giraffes into it -- they'll probably be peeking-out around every corner in NYC...how could I keep up?! ;)

If there were 3 I win!!!!;):rotfl2: Okay I will count pidgeons in NYC!!!:lmao::lmao:

Okay, I'm back.

Great intros, Glenn. I love the family photo (the kids are growing too fast!).

Lauren, great job on telling us about your arrival in New York. I must tell you if you ever get to Chicago, you will see those dirty pigeons everywhere here too (I hate them!).

I've never been to New York (my husband never took me when he went twice a year because he always said it was just like Chicago...only bigger, dirtier and more expensive ;) ). In any event, I'm going to enjoy taking this trip "with you."

Thanks for the message!

Great family photo!

Good job Lauren on the first part of the trip report! :thumbsup2 When we took the train to NYC and walked out of Penn Station, Jordan (my dd age 7 at the time) said what is that smell. I said NYC! LOL!

Great start to the TR. An uneventful journey to NY (or anywhere) is always a plus. I have never been to NYC but I hope to make it there one day. I love the polar express and because Lauren mentioned it, I had to go look up how much it was to take Creighton on the polar express in December. It will only be a 4hr drive from where we are moving to, thats not too bad....right???!! :scratchin Hmmm....

I love that Lauren is writing her part of the TR. Love it Lauren !!!

I counted 5 Judys. Does part of her arm count ?? :confused3

I'm here! I am going to attempt to keep up, too! I got SO behind on the Pre-trip report....

I am loving the start of your trip report -- great shots, and I'm loving Lauren's perspective.

I'm here! :wave2: Can't wait to read all about you guys' trip!! Great pictures of New York can't wait to see what all you did there as well!! :)

Wow, I go away on vacation and come back to a TR!!! Yeah for me!!! Great start - can't wait to read the rest popcorn:: (That would be a 'i-can't-wait-to-read-more' popcorn emoticon and not the 'i-can't-wait-to-see-the-carnage-ensue' popcorn emoticon that I see all over the DIS :rotfl2:)

Hi! Great start to the report. I've read your others and decided to come out of lurkdom on this one. New York looks brilliant; I'm adding it to my mental list of 'places I have to visit one day'. Definitely agree with Judy's opinion of pidgeons.

I was just wondering about this! Gonna go catch up. Can't wait to hear about your trip to NYC! I was just there in May

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm definitely in! Can't wait to hear all about it, getting caught up now!

I dont post much but I do read all your stuff...Great Job Lauren! If ever I decide to save money for something other than Disney, New York is it! Did Mrs Judy lose some weight?? She looks awesome. Cant wait for the rest...

I have a couple of minutes to do replies, but probably won't be able to get to all of them...

Thanks for the heads up...even if it is several pages late. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm here and I'll be back soon to catch up.

Sorry about that Kathy!
ashamed0001.gif
I meant to get some PM's out much sooner than I actually did, but you know how that goes (I hope).

:welcome:

If there were 3 I win!!!!;):rotfl2: Okay I will count pidgeons in NYC!!!:lmao::lmao:

You got me so flustered I typed "3"...unbelievable! :rotfl2:

Okay, I'm back.

Great intros, Glenn. I love the family photo (the kids are growing too fast!).

Thank you! They are growing too fast, aren't they.

Lauren, great job on telling us about your arrival in New York. I must tell you if you ever get to Chicago, you will see those dirty pigeons everywhere here too (I hate them!).

Thanks, I'll pass that on.

You don't work for the tourism department, do you? ;)

I've never been to New York (my husband never took me when he went twice a year because he always said it was just like Chicago...only bigger, dirtier and more expensive ;) ). In any event, I'm going to enjoy taking this trip "with you."

I was only ever there for an evening -- quick trip in, dinner, and back out. Judy says we need to go back. I guess now she can show me around.

Thanks for the message!

You're welcome, and here's your :welcome:
;)

Great family photo!

Thank you.

Good job Lauren on the first part of the trip report! :thumbsup2 When we took the train to NYC and walked out of Penn Station, Jordan (my dd age 7 at the time) said what is that smell. I said NYC! LOL!

:rotfl2: Gross!

Great start to the TR. An uneventful journey to NY (or anywhere) is always a plus.

Totally agree!

I have never been to NYC but I hope to make it there one day. I love the polar express and because Lauren mentioned it, I had to go look up how much it was to take Creighton on the polar express in December. It will only be a 4hr drive from where we are moving to, thats not too bad....right???!! :scratchin Hmmm....

Hmmm, will you do an overnight? 4 hours each way sounds a little long.

I love that Lauren is writing her part of the TR. Love it Lauren !!!

Thank you, I'll pass that along.

I counted 5 Judys. Does part of her arm count ?? :confused3

Hmmm, I thought we had 3 easy ones and the arm, for 4 total. You'll have to tell me which pictures you're counting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter