CINDERELLA!!!! The Vandy girls are BACK!!!**UPDATE 8-8-09! THE END-FINALLY! Page 83**

I thought you meant the squirrel was in that lady's head at first! :lmao: Thanks for sharing the fun - loved the balloon pic!

Wow, your pictures are so cool :thumbsup2! Love the Pop, and the Studios and we will be there in just over 2 months :love:! I plan to sit and watch the Streetmasphere people a lot when we go, it's one of the things we never do enough of so thanks for reminding me how funny they are!

Can't wait to read more, but...what happened after that picture was taken in front of Rock n' Roll? I'm dying to know ;) !

Good food pictures - we buy many bowls of grapes when we are there.

That was cute of Erica power walking into Pop! It's a great feeling to be right at the start of the trip.

We really enjoyed some really funny Streetmosphere entertainers this summer.

I am looking forward to many more pictures. Have a good Friday!

I'm sorry I can't seem to answer to EVERYONE separately!! I think it would take up a whole page of it's own :laughing:

But to all thanks for the complements :goodvibes

:welcome: to all of those who are new joining us, and you lurkers....come on OUT!!! :flower3:

YES I LOVED :love: the new Toy Story ride. I am SO excited (and jealous ;) ) for all of you that said you have trips planned soon. It is a wonderful ride and DO NOT MISS IT!!!!

Like I said before in my update I'm going to upload more museum pics b/c that really was a cool place ::yes::

hey, guys!!! just chiming in here with some details and pictures i wanted to add.

i have to include this picture of erica speed-walking to check into pop. i was lagging behind for some reason
Picture013.jpg

Dawn was getting something out of the car and she told me I could go on in to get in line......so I was GONE!!!!
Don't have to ask me twice. :lmao: Now I do walk fast you can ask her I told her at the beginning of the trip I was a speed walker and if she needed me to slow up let her know b/c I have a tendency to get walking and just GO
5.gif

erica didn't include some gorgeous pics she took of the fantasia topiaries in front of Hollywood brown derby. i love these pictures!

P1020966.jpg

this lady came by with her "pet squirrel." it was sooooooo funny -

Yes I did come up at the end of her 'show' but she was hilarious. Their voices they can do are just amazing. But she was moving on to entertain someone else with her pet squirrel :rotfl:

oh, and you know those streetmosphere people that erica posted a picture of? well, we were sitting there in the beaming sun and i had a wet paper towel draped over my brown mary jane crocs because they were HOT from sitting in the sun. so those people come walking up and say, "um.....excuse us, ma'am, but here at disney's hollywood studios, we allow you to show your feet!!!" it was pretty funny! :laughing:

This was really funny.

When I went to the bathroom I had gotten wet paper towels which BTW is one of the BEST things you can have in the heat!! I do this at Vandy/Titans games all the time! But Dawn was covering her feet b/c the crocs get so hot in the sun. That guy spotted her and was a bee-line straight to us. They told her she could show her feet that it was the '40's now and 'women' were allowed to do that. She explained they were hot and thats why it was there and the guy said 'Oh....so you just cover them with something else?!?' It was really funny but as you can see by their faces they were great characters!!

As SOON as I brought out the camera....we got this....
P1020968.jpg

Back for more soon
9.gif

erica didn't include some gorgeous pics she took of the fantasia topiaries in front of hollywood brown derby. i love these pictures!

P1020963.jpg

P1020965.jpg

Love the toparies

this lady came by with her "pet squirrel." it was sooooooo funny - all the kids were fascinated and one little boy kept asking her why her squirrel didn't move. :lmao: she was a hoot!!!

th_Picture071.jpg

here her pet squirrel is flying......

Picture070.jpg

and here he is doing "his business" in a tree on the sidewalk......

Picture075.jpg

:lmao: This made me laugh, so cute

oh, and you know those streetmosphere people that erica posted a picture of? well, we were sitting there in the beaming sun and i had a wet paper towel draped over my brown mary jane crocs because they were HOT from sitting in the sun. so those people come walking up and say, "um.....excuse us, ma'am, but here at disney's hollywood studios, we allow you to show your feet!!!" it was pretty funny! :laughing: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

:lmao:

Off to a great start! Can't wait for more! Sounds like you girls had so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great start! Sounds like a great time!!!

Great photos.
One Man's dream looks really interesting.
And the streetmosphere performers sound great!

I'm glad to hear the wait for TSM was not bad!

I have been Lurking around and am excited to see the rest of the trip! i just have to get around to starting my PTR!

Great updates girls! Can't wait to read more when you have time!

i just got finished calculating my quarterly tax payment and my head is about to explode!!!!!! :crazy:

okay....anyway....

i totally agree with erica as far as us not being able to respond to every single post. there are so many and it would get quite confusing with the two of us "running" this thing!

so i would like to respond to all of you who said anything similar to the following....

great update

cool pictures

you guys are so much fun

i love DHS/TSM/the block party, etc.

and so on and so on and so on.......

:flower3: THANK YOU!!!!!! :flower3: we really do appreciate you reading this TR and i hope you don't take offense to not getting a personal response. please keep posting any comments or thoughts you have - it lets us know you're reading! i think this method will help to keep us sane! ;)

and now for some specific answers/responses...

did you meet a certain "team" of people after that pic? ;)

i wish!!!!!

Everyone is so anxious for this TR. You are like celebirties. ;)

:rotfl2: sorry.....this just cracked me up!

Welcome Home!! I was there too looking for you both...but did not see you:sad1:

bummer!!! hope you had a good trip!

You got lucky with the TSM waits!! :goodvibes The waits in Aug were never less then an hour and FP's were gone by 11am!!! :scared1:

i think the crowds REALLY clear out after labor day. we didn't really notice any crowds that i can think of, other than just your standard disney stuff. we got to DHS around noon and the line said 40 minutes, but i think it took about 30. and we got fastpasses before we got in the standby line and the return time on those were sometime around 5:30 (i think).

I'd love to check it out but for me early mornings and vacation just don't mix!

i agree!!!! i hate being woken up by an alarm on vacation. now if i naturally woke up early it wouldn't be a problem. my internal alarm usually goes off around 8:30, so i'm usually up by 9:00. if you're going in january i doubt you'll have trouble getting on TSM!

We leave on 9/20, so please update soon!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!! :goodvibes

Wow! 8 pages already!! :cool1: you girls are a blast!! I love all the pictures..how did you two meet?

well, we have to credit memom for our meeting. we met on her TR. i noticed erica's name (vandyfan) and, being a vandyfan myself, i know that you don't see too many of us around. so we started talking and it turns out we're the same age and just have a lot of stuff in common. she lives pretty close to my family in tennessee and so i see her sometimes when i go home for a visit.

Glad to hear you didn't get that wet and are home safe. Everyone is so anxious for this TR. You are like celebirties. ;) I can't wait to see and hear all about it. The DIS has become my guilty pleasure. I'll be here with the rest of us, patiently waiting...popcorn::

Only Dawn would rather be a "cele-bird-y", I feel sure! (Credit given to the Tiki Room song.)

Sorry, punkin, I couldn't pass up the chance to ruffle your feathers.

Oh, shoot, there I go again! ;)

Running quickly away now....

Your too funny MeMom, I think you have the funniest comments.:rotfl: I'm glad you don't make fun of my spelling. :eek: Taxes do not sound like alot of fun. :flower3: That squirrel will haunt me tonight, its scary.:scared1: Loved the balloons, I wonder how many they can carry at once? Vandyfan your pics of the topiaries are beautiful, I don't remember Mickey being there on my last trip or am I just crazy. I can't wait for more.:cloud9:

Only Dawn would rather be a "cele-bird-y", I feel sure! (Credit given to the Tiki Room song.)

if i have nightmares about birds tonight i'm gonna blame you!!!

i found out on this trip that erica doesn't like frogs. especially ones that pee on your hands and follow you up the stairwell at pop.

Wow! 8 pages already!! :cool1: you girls are a blast!! I love all the pictures..how did you two meet?

Dawn answered you well. The one cool thing is we actually 'met' in person for the first time at a Vanderbilt game!! pirate:

And as Anastasia said....."OH can I be a VANDERBILT GIRL too!!!???!!!???" We told her of course!! :laughing:

The really cool thing is she comes to me :upsidedow since her family is here!! :yay:

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Ok...I'm dying here....that's hilarious!!

I promise I'm going to get you guys the 'One Man's Dream' photos soon!!

So who would really like frogs that PEE on you??? :confused3

Ok....so she likes some strange things but NOT birds???

Hmmmmmmm :rotfl:

i like any kind of frog. and the reason they pee on you is because they're scared. poor little froggies.

you have to remember that i've had geckos that fly, fat frogs, fire belly toads and the list goes on.

and i STILL hate birds!!!!!! they're evil, i tell you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter