Cinderella castle refurbishment

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...gical-makeover-and-disney-shared-concept-art/
does anyone know when this will begin and if it will impact the aspect of the castle?
I know it’s selfish, but I just hope we can get good castle shots next week (we will be there with my parents who haven’t been since 1998 when the castle was like a big birthday cake so I am really hoping the castle will look as pretty next Sunday!)

I read that, but I am not sure if it means there will be walls blocking the castle or just paint going on at night...
I guess we will see when we get there but I was wondering whether someone knew from experience what happened in the past when the castle went under refurb!

I am hoping this won't overly impact my trip in June, but if it is not going to impact any fireworks or stage shows, I still should be able to see HEA and VUTN as intended?

I am hoping this won't overly impact my trip in June, but if it is not going to impact any fireworks or stage shows, I still should be able to see HEA and VUTN as intended?

That’s my understanding. I’m going in August and as long as HEA is still happening as normal, I’m okay with this. There is so much magic in a Disney trip, that I’m not going to let this impact my vacation.

That’s my understanding. I’m going in August and as long as HEA is still happening as normal, I’m okay with this. There is so much magic in a Disney trip, that I’m not going to let this impact my vacation.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. But I am getting a bit anxious, with resort construction, parks construction, and now this.... I just have my fingers tightly crossed that it won't add up to too much negative.

They’ve already begun installing moat barriers, so I think this work might end up being fairly intrusive from a visual standpoint. It could just be to paint the base, but I have a feeling that we’ll be seeing a similar setup that the Tokyo Castle has. Which means highly modified fireworks shows and projections onto scrims that cover the entirety of the castle.

We’re supposed to be there first week of March and I spent the extra $ for the HEA dessert party. I read that HEA is still happening, but is it going to be a toned down show or have altered visuals due to this construction I wonder?

Oh this makes me nervous for my trip at the end of the month... really hoping for a beautiful Cinderella castle!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter