Cinderella castle refurbishment

I like the pink. It reminds me of the paint job on Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant in Disneyland Paris (which is a gorgeous castle), only a little more muted. I think the different tones between the “first” level of the castle and the “second” make the architectural details pop a little more, which I like. I think I would have kept the center balcony all one color if it had been up to me, but it looks fine the way they did it.

I’m less crazy about the blue roofing. I don’t mind that they strayed from the original periwinkle, but the color they chose it way too bright. I would have liked something either darker or less saturated. I’m willing to take a “wait and see” attitude on it though. Chances are the color will fade significantly under the Florida sun, so its appearance may improve with time.

I think the blue looks like a plastic toy. I am not a fan of the pink either but all together with the gray it looks like they didn’t finish it.
I think it's actually unfinished. We've been there this week, and many bricks on one side of the castle have numbers on them, undoubtedly for painting.

I think it's actually unfinished. We've been there this week, and many bricks on one side of the castle have numbers on them, undoubtedly for painting.
Yes it’s unfinished, the numbers are cute lol, color coding, but the link and gold meh but 50 yr Anniversary is celebrated with gold...

Yeah, I remember it sunk their brand and they went bankrupt about a decade later.....oh wait

The fact is people weren't buying as much Coke, but they also didn't want it taken away. Releasing New Coke and then changing it back allowed them to retake the lead over Pepsi and never lose it again, plus make the switch to HFCS in the "Classic" formula to nothing but applause. New Coke itself remained a viable product too for those who really did prefer Pepsi and I think it might still be sold in some international markets. They lost nothing on this deal. It's not that different of a concept than "The Disney Vault" was - withold a product to drive sales when it is available.

Last edited:
Kind of amateur colors for Disney; based on the pics and vids I’ve seen... 😬

It reminds me of those castles you see at cheap roadside "Storybook Land" attractions that are trying too hard to look like a fairy tale castle.

What I loved about the original colors was that they were understated and the structure actually looked like a real European castle, many of which have light blue or periwinkle turret roofs. Now it just looks fake.

New Coke wasn't a fiasco - it was marketing genius!

Yeah, I remember it sunk their brand and they went bankrupt about a decade later.....oh wait
It was a happy accident that it went well for them in the end after they switched back. They did not plan it that way. The New Coke release was based on poorly analyzed market research. It wasn't a grand plan of theirs to take original Coke away and then change it back. They changed it back in desperation after the New Coke launch failed.

The only way for Disney to replicate that would be to paint the castle in its original colors again. But the castle's colors are an aesthetic, not a driving force in getting people to come to the parks. So it is not a parallel situation at all in terms of profits. Disney wouldn't make any money off changing it back.

It's simply a change that disappoints customers, like New Coke did. They assumed customers would welcome the product being changed, but they were wrong. That was the point of my comparison.

Last edited:
It was a happy accident that it went well for them in the end after they switched back. They did not plan it that way. The New Coke release was based on poorly analyzed market research. It wasn't a grand plan of theirs to take original Coke away and then change it back. They changed it back in desperation after the New Coke launch failed.

The only way for Disney to replicate that would be to paint the castle in its original colors again. But the castle's colors are an aesthetic, not a driving force in getting people to come to the parks. So it is not a parallel situation at all in terms of profits. Disney wouldn't make any money off changing it back.

It's simply a change that disappoints customers, like New Coke did. They assumed customers would welcome the product being changed, but they were wrong. That was the point of my comparison.

I believe that they had to know the potential there. New Coke takes off - great! New Coke fails - quickly switch back and say that we really care about our customers and win their loyalty for life. Sales were down and they had nothing to lose.

IMO, the pink isn't bad. It just doesn't work with the other colors. For the 50th, they could have gone with ivory, light pink & gold. The blue is the problem. It's too bright. There's nothing regal about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter