• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella castle refurbishment

I like the contrast between the bottom turrets and the castle, but it almost look like they were supposed to also be colored and they just felt like it was good enough

Because of the projection onto the castle. Only certain thing can be done to it. With out reworking the projection system. They can not add anything to it. And have to be careful on paint colors
I was just wondering about the projections. With it being that pink, are they going to have a pinkish hue now?

It's not as horrible as I was afraid of (as I commented multiple times in the past lol). I might get used to the pink.

But I am going to need to see more pictures, and hopefully in-person again one day. With image filters, this may not be what it looks like in-person.

Also, the right side of the castle is distracting to me. The lowest level of pink stands out too much. They should have kept that gray.

Maybe I'm crazy - but I like it.
You’re right......you’re crazy 😜

I don’t mind the pink—I just don’t think it blends with the gray. I need one or the other. But the purple just seems garish. I also prefer all the castles look distinctly different. I do like the gold.

I do think the pink looks much more subtle here... it had an almost clay, stucco-like quality in some of the earlier pics. As many others have said, will just have to see it in person to know for sure though.

Michael Kay has a video out this morning and I think it looks much better when he’s there in person. I think a year will go by and people will really like it, and then in 25 years they’ll change it again and people will get pissed again

My husband really likes it - I liked the old one better. But I’m sure when we finally get to go again we will just be so happy to be there the color won’t matter.

I'm OK with everything except the blue. It doesn't match any of the other blues in the design AT ALL and it doesn't go with the other colors. I don't know why they didn't try to match the darker periwinkle type blue that's in the banners on the side structures. I wonder if they didn't think it would look different when it was painted on but by the time they realized it wasn't what they wanted, it was too late to do anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter