Christmas Dinner . . .

I'm pretty much betting I'll gain several pounds these next few weeks.

Isn't that your job right now? ;)

We will go out to dinner on Christmas Eve--you will see why in a moment.

:goodvibes Wow! That really sounds like a great time!

While I had hoped that I would be able to get people to come to us this year since we have a new baby, it doesn't look like that will happen :sad2: So we are stuck dragging the princess: around for her first Christmas.

We will start on Christmas Eve with a Candlelight and Carol Service at church at 7:00pm then to my BFF's parents house. After that, we head home... and head upstairs to Moms apartment to see whatever family members are there... Although, thinking about that now... that won't work... Mom is a smoker so princess: doesn't go up there. Maybe they'll all be in my house when we get home (the joy of owning a building with 4 apartments, all family).

Christmas morning will be something new... Lots of pictures in front of the tree, helping princess:open her first gifts... Nelson and I usually make breakfast together but we'll see if princess: wants to cook with us. :goodvibes

Then we'll start negotiating family member's houses. Bopping around to at least 4-5 on Christmas Day alone...

I cannot wait to share my princess:'s first Christmas with her! :love:

Christmas Eve - lots of fish and an antipasto with family & friends.

Antipasto
Shrimp / lobster tails cocktail
Fried Calamari
Shrimp Scampi
Scallops & Shrimp in a wine / garlic / butter sauce over linguini
lots of Champaigne / wine and cocktails.
Lots of deserts.

Christmas Day - I was going to do a Prime Rib - but we all decided on Lasagna - so I will make a huge pot of gravy with my meatballs / sausage / braciole. All good stuff! More wine / cocktails / desert!

I will order a crown roast for NY day!

Christmas Eve - lots of fish and an antipasto with family & friends.

Antipasto
Shrimp / lobster tails cocktail
Fried Calamari
Shrimp Scampi
Scallops & Shrimp in a wine / garlic / butter sauce over linguini
lots of Champaigne / wine and cocktails.
Lots of deserts.

Christmas Day - I was going to do a Prime Rib - but we all decided on Lasagna - so I will make a huge pot of gravy with my meatballs / sausage / braciole. All good stuff! More wine / cocktails / desert!

I will order a crown roast for NY day!

Wow - If i can skip the Calamari - I'm in! :thumbsup2

And your water comes out of a bubbler too! :thumbsup2

Not mine - I drink from the toilet!
1266506938401.jpg

(Actually I call it a "water cooler")

Akcire - You're Christmas sounds amazing and so much fun! A lot like what I imagine my Christmas being someday!

For now though on Christmas Eve my partner and I will go to my Aunt's house with the rest of the crew for a night of games and snack foods.

On Christmas morning really really really early ;) We will head over to my brother and sister in law's house to share in the joy of seeing our niece and nephew open their presents. Once all that excitement is done we will help play with all the toys :rotfl2: before heading upstairs to my sister in law's familys floor for a wonderful roast beef dinner with all the fixings, like my sweet potato casserole which I accidentally made too much of on Thanksgiving, so we had to freeze the extra! :rotfl2:

OMG - who the hell is Joy and doesnt she mind? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Its Christmas...do you have to be so vulgar? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, our Christmas dinner. On Christmas day me and the other one will be going to her mum's for roast turkey and all the trimmings and then going to my mum and dad's in the evening. My sister is working Christmas day (she works as security at Manchester Airport) and my brother is at his gf's so on Boxing Day we will be having Christmas Day II at my mum and dad's house. On that day we'll be starting with cream of herb soup which is commonly known as Christmas soup in our house followed by Turkey/Ham/Pork with the trimmings then chocolate mousse/trifle/christmas pudding. If I can stand then its onto the alcohol!

Can you explain that day to us Yanks? :confused3

Erm...its just the day after Christmas day...26th December...the name comes from that day being when all the charity boxes in churches are traditionally emptied. Its a public holiday so if it falls on a sunday, like this year, we get another one on the Monday.

We're doing a turducken. Going to be in Houston with our daughter and her (ex)partner and our grandson who is 8.

Wow! I love the variety of responses we got!

I didn't mention that Christmas breakfast for us is always ham and potica.

Potica is a Solvenian nut bread with a spiraled cinnamon walnut filling. Those of you who followed the Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding thread will remember that we had it the morning we got married, as well.

It's a family tradition and I've never had Christmas without it. It's backbreaking to make it, and I'm not nearly the baker my mom was. I had a rough time with it this year and was frustrated by not being able to call her and ask questions. When half of the batch didn't rise properly, I literally sat down and cried. I'm really glad that the other half of the batch turned out okay, so we'll have it for Christmas. I'm afraid I'd have kept trying over and over until I got it right. I'm holding tight to a lot of Christmas traditions this year just for the sake of doing them. Hoping that they'll comfort me so that this year won't be as hard as I think it will be. I hope it works and I'm not just going through the motions . . .

Every holiday after losing a parent isn't easy. After losing my Dad, Christmas wasn't quite the same. It was different, wonderful and had a great time, but it was just different. There's not a Christmas that passes where I don't think of him and wish he was there. It does get easier with every passing year. But one thing we did, like you are doing, is sticking to traditions. It helps. Trust me.

Every holiday after losing a parent isn't easy. After losing my Dad, Christmas wasn't quite the same. It was different, wonderful and had a great time, but it was just different. There's not a Christmas that passes where I don't think of him and wish he was there. It does get easier with every passing year. But one thing we did, like you are doing, is sticking to traditions. It helps. Trust me.

I have to agree - The Holidays are a big reminder of who we lost! I try and carry on the tradition of my Father's family on Christmas Eve with the fish.. I lost both of my parents before I was 28. It does get easier but you never forget and yes, they are different too. :hug:

I have to agree - The Holidays are a big reminder of who we lost! I try and carry on the tradition of my Father's family on Christmas Eve with the fish.. I lost both of my parents before I was 28. It does get easier but you never forget and yes, they are different too. :hug:

Thanks, guys. Sorry to be such a downer on what was such a fun thread.

Back to the Holiday Revelry! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter