Christina and Mark's PJ - Can I do it all again please?! A few photos....

your idea for a bling flower bouquet is SO cute. i've never seen it done before, and it looks good.

Your jewelery is gorgeous,it's going to go perfect with your dress!!!

I have a question about your dress box. Is it better to transport the dress down to Florida is a box better than the bag? I like the idea of the box,it seems like it would be earsier to carry.

Thanks :goodvibes I can't wait to try it all on with my dress! The dress box is made to the carry on luggage specifications of most of the major transatlantic airline carriers. We are flying with Virgin who keep giving conflicting information to Brides regarding transporting your dress. Some people are being told they can carry on a dress bag, others are told absolutely NO WAY, and dresses need to go in the hold! I was stressing alot about it going in the hold so I bought the box and that will be my piece of carry on

I absolutely LOVE your bouquet! :lovestruc It looks spectacular with the chiffon wrap! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I love the chiffon... The whole idea of having the chiffon wrap added came about because of our bridesmaid drama. She was going to be wearing a claret coloured dress but now i'm not having a bridesmaid, I felt like I needed something to tie me in with what the guys are wearing and that seemed like the easiest option!

your idea for a bling flower bouquet is SO cute. i've never seen it done before, and it looks good.

Thank you!! I can't wait to see what it looks like in the photos on the day!!!

Eeeeeek!! Only 29 more sleepies left to go!!!! :woohoo:

Aghhhhhh!!!!! Why oh why do we have to love music so much thats its becomming more and more impossible to make some choices?!! I'm sure it should be simple enough but Nooooooooooo!!! We're going around in circles now! We THOUGHT we had the choices made for the ceremony, but... well....

How does this sound?

My walk up the aisle... You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker... OR The theme from Once Upon A Time in America by Moriconne (We watch alot of movies, and this is one of our favourites that we have watched together over and over... I love the soundtrack but i'm just not sure if I want classical music at all)

Signing of the licence/certificate/register (whatever we have to sign).... All I Want is You - U2... Or.... You're the Best Thing by The Style Council. We are both U2 geeks so want to include them somewhere, but its just what to choose and where to put it thats the problem. I find U2 love songs a bit bitter and twisted... probably because i'm a nerd who reads too much into them!

Walking out of the chapel.... Everlasting Love (U2's version)... This is a given and completely set in stone.... for now! Perhaps... Maybe!!

Who knew choosing a few flippin' songs would be so difficult!!??

And don't even get me started on the 20 song playlist our DJ for our 'at home' reception has presented us with!!!!!

Aghhhhhh!!!!!
My walk up the aisle... You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker... OR The theme from Once Upon A Time in America by Moriconne (We watch alot of movies, and this is one of our favourites that we have watched together over and over... I love the soundtrack but i'm just not sure if I want classical music at all)

Signing of the licence/certificate/register (whatever we have to sign).... All I Want is You - U2... Or.... You're the Best Thing by The Style Council. We are both U2 geeks so want to include them somewhere, but its just what to choose and where to put it thats the problem. I find U2 love songs a bit bitter and twisted... probably because i'm a nerd who reads too much into them!

Walking out of the chapel.... Everlasting Love (U2's version)... This is a given and completely set in stone.... for now! Perhaps... Maybe!!

Who knew choosing a few flippin' songs would be so difficult!!??

And don't even get me started on the 20 song playlist our DJ for our 'at home' reception has presented us with!!!!!

I love "All I Want Is You", i think its a really beautiful song. A girl group covered it last year (i think) & literally murdered it. Awwwww a bit of Style Council i see, now that takes me back :cutie:

Its nice to see someone else that has picked "out of the ordinary" music choices for their big day:woohoo: :yay: :banana:

I love "All I Want Is You", i think its a really beautiful song. A girl group covered it last year (i think) & literally murdered it. Awwwww a bit of Style Council i see, now that takes me back :cutie:

Its nice to see someone else that has picked "out of the ordinary" music choices for their big day:woohoo: :yay: :banana:

Its a gorgeous song... I love it! One of my favourite U2 songs... but the video is so twisted and I always think of the video when I listen to the song!!!

Music is our passion so it has to feature heavily and the choices have to be JUST right... but its hard to find stuff we BOTH like else my choices would be so obscure he'd be banging his head against the wall!!! He has completely put his foot down regarding some stuff so I have to be gentle!! LOL. I just can't imagine choosing anything traditional... its just no 'us' at all!

Its a gorgeous song... I love it! One of my favourite U2 songs... but the video is so twisted and I always think of the video when I listen to the song!!!

Music is our passion so it has to feature heavily and the choices have to be JUST right... but its hard to find stuff we BOTH like else my choices would be so obscure he'd be banging his head against the wall!!! He has completely put his foot down regarding some stuff so I have to be gentle!! LOL. I just can't imagine choosing anything traditional... its just no 'us' at all!

Ditto!!!

Music is our biggest shared passion so we ve always been adament that the music played at our wedding would be the kind that really reflects us as a couple. We re both massive rock fans so all of the tracks (bar one) is by rock bands (Foo Fighters/SilverChair &Metallica). My dfs chosen the music but im pretty happy with all the choices he has made.
Granted i wanted Nirvana played but he put his foot down at that request & i got a big "No".
As you said, tradional music just is nt us either nor are standard love songs. Even though the music chosen is by rock bands the songs are still all fitting to the occasion.

I've just caught up - Everything looks & sounds amazing!! Your dress is soooo beautiful, it's similar to the style skirt that I love ;) And I'm 100% loving all the bling, you are going to be a real stunner that day!

Ditto!!!

Music is our biggest shared passion so we ve always been adament that the music played at our wedding would be the kind that really reflects us as a couple. We re both massive rock fans so all of the tracks (bar one) is by rock bands (Foo Fighters/SilverChair &Metallica). My dfs chosen the music but im pretty happy with all the choices he has made.
Granted i wanted Nirvana played but he put his foot down at that request & i got a big "No".
As you said, tradional music just is nt us either nor are standard love songs. Even though the music chosen is by rock bands the songs are still all fitting to the occasion.

I've been on MSN for the last hour with one of my best friends discussing music choices! Hes convinced I should have 'Its the end of the world' by REM as our 'leaving the chapel' song... the worrying thing is... im sorely tempted!!! I've been trying to sneak some Pearl Jam in there somewhere but its just not happening... Mark isn't quite as keen as I am!! LOL

I've just caught up - Everything looks & sounds amazing!! Your dress is soooo beautiful, it's similar to the style skirt that I love ;) And I'm 100% loving all the bling, you are going to be a real stunner that day!

Thank you muchly!! :lovestruc I really can't stress enough how 'unblinglike' I am!!! Yet I can't wait til the big day and i've got it all on!!! I think most of me feeling like this is because after 5 years together Mark will be astounded at what i've chosen! I think he thinks i'm going to turn up in a new pair of skinny jeans!!

Totally off topic... My best friend i've just been talking to on MSN is called Den, and his wife is called Jo.... Spooky!!! They are one of the most happily married couples I know too!! Thats gotta be a good omen for you!!!

Thank you muchly!! :lovestruc I really can't stress enough how 'unblinglike' I am!!! Yet I can't wait til the big day and i've got it all on!!! I think most of me feeling like this is because after 5 years together Mark will be astounded at what i've chosen! I think he thinks i'm going to turn up in a new pair of skinny jeans!!

Totally off topic... My best friend i've just been talking to on MSN is called Den, and his wife is called Jo.... Spooky!!! They are one of the most happily married couples I know too!! Thats gotta be a good omen for you!!!

:laughing: I would LOVE to get married in Jeans! I remember when I was younger saying that if I ever got married I would want everyone to wear denim & that it would be in a theme park so everyone could have fun - guess I got half of it right :lmao:

Oooo thats spooky stuff, but a lovely omen at the same time :hug:

I've been on MSN for the last hour with one of my best friends discussing music choices! Hes convinced I should have 'Its the end of the world' by REM as our 'leaving the chapel' song... the worrying thing is... im sorely tempted!!! I've been trying to sneak some Pearl Jam in there somewhere but its just not happening... Mark isn't quite as keen as I am!! LOL

Id love to have some Pearl Jam thrown in as well, i love the whole Seattle Scene that was back in the early 90's so anything from Nirvana, P.Jam or Alice in Chains would of made me a very happy bunny.
Not sure what P.Jam song i would want though as my fav is "Black" which is a tad depressing for a wedding. I had asked my df if we could play that as i tend to love songs without analysing the lyrics where as my df is the opposite. He was like" but its not romantic etc etc," my arguement was "but i love it" so thats one arguement i def did not win.

Id love to have some Pearl Jam thrown in as well, i love the whole Seattle Scene that was back in the early 90's so anything from Nirvana, P.Jam or Alice in Chains would of made me a very happy bunny.
Not sure what P.Jam song i would want though as my fav is "Black" which is a tad depressing for a wedding. I had asked my df if we could play that as i tend to love songs without analysing the lyrics where as my df is the opposite. He was like" but its not romantic etc etc," my arguement was "but i love it" so thats one arguement i def did not win.

'Better Man' is my favourite... but the lyrics are way too twisted to have it included ANYWHERE!! Hahaha

Eeeek! We fly 3 weeks today!!! I'm supposed to go for my final fitting today but I don't think thats going to happen!! We went to Manchester last night to watch U23D at the IMAX there and went out to eat... I don't think the chicken agreed with me at all :sick:

I'm having a complete nightmare trying to get a refund from Virgin over the cancelled step daughter saga!! 3 weeks later and i'm still waiting for the money to go back into my bank!! Grrrrrr!! Shame it didn't take them weeks and weeks to take the money out of my bank to start with!! I've only been on hold for 37 minutes now!!! I'm starting to think i'll just give it up as a bad job and head back to bed!!!

'Better Man' is my favourite... but the lyrics are way too twisted to have it included ANYWHERE!! Hahaha

Eeeek! We fly 3 weeks today!!! I'm supposed to go for my final fitting today but I don't think thats going to happen!! We went to Manchester last night to watch U23D at the IMAX there and went out to eat... I don't think the chicken agreed with me at all :sick:

I hope you re starting to feel better then, thats not the kinda start to the weekend im sure you want ;)

I love "BetterMan" too although i think like "Black" it just wont quite fit the occasion:headache: , P.Jam is probably my second fav band i ve been following them since Ten was released (gotta love Eddie Veder:love: !!!!). I cant really think of too many of their songs which may be fitting, something like "Thin Air" would be nice. I love Depeche Mode to so im now thinking maybe i need to convince my df to have one of their songs thrown in too but im not too sure how much luck im gonna have doing so:cutie: .

Regarding the music, we compromised with soundtrack music. Like you, I was totally not into the traditonal wedding songs, and I wanted our ceremony music to reflect our personalities. We took bits and pieces of various movie scores, including "The Incredibles," some James Bond music, and the bar-fight tune from "Pirates of the Caribbean" as our recessional. It all blended really well and made for a dramatic and memorable ceremony.

I don't know if this will work for you, but good for you for doing something different! :thumbsup2

"Better Man" might not be appropriate for a wedding! I used to sing it when I got upset with my boyfriend in HS.

Lurky-

I would probably chose the "Black Pearl" for a recessional - or whatever the main theme song is called.

Regarding the music, we compromised with soundtrack music. Like you, I was totally not into the traditonal wedding songs, and I wanted our ceremony music to reflect our personalities. We took bits and pieces of various movie scores, including "The Incredibles," some James Bond music, and the bar-fight tune from "Pirates of the Caribbean" as our recessional. It all blended really well and made for a dramatic and memorable ceremony.

I don't know if this will work for you, but good for you for doing something different! :thumbsup2

Soundtrack music is actually SUCH a great idea!! :thumbsup2 We have watched SO many great movies together over the years that we could kind of have a soundtrack of our life together just through movie themes!! Alas, I'm thinking it could be even harder to narrow down the choices and pick just a few.... and time is just whizzing past!!!! This time in 3 weeks we will have just landed in Orlando!! Eeeeeeek!!

"Better Man" might not be appropriate for a wedding! I used to sing it when I got upset with my boyfriend in HS.

Lurky-

I would probably chose the "Black Pearl" for a recessional - or whatever the main theme song is called.

'She lied and said she's in love with him' probably isn't THE greatest lyric to walk down the aisle to!!! :rotfl: DF would probably find it kind of funny... He once wrote me a card which said 'You dream in colours, you dream in red' inside, so he'd get it! My ma, however, would probably keel over right there in her seat!!!

Hiya all!

I'm racking my brains trying to come up with a really lovely present that we can buy for my son (12) who is going to be the BEST best man at our wedding! We're having him included in our vows... and he even has his own 'I do' part (although being nearly 13, he'll probably just say 'Yeah, whatever'!!) We'd really like to get him something he can keep forever which we intend giving to him when we exchange our rings... but I have no idea what! I thought of getting him a pocketwatch and having it engraved with something personal about 'a family united' but does that sound a bit naff for a 12 year old?!

Joe would MUCH rather have a couple of playstation games, but that just ain't gonna happen!! Any suggestions would be really welcome!!

Christina

xxx

how about a link bracelt (sp) you can engrave that with whatever youd like. he may not wear it now but he may in the future and it could be somthing to pass down in generations.
bracelt.jpg

bracelet2.jpg

how about a link bracelt (sp) you can engrave that with whatever youd like. he may not wear it now but he may in the future and it could be somthing to pass down in generations.
bracelt.jpg

bracelet2.jpg

That sounds like a great idea! He probably wouldn't wear it, but I really want him to have something to keep rather than something he can use now and 'grow out of' :thumbsup2

How many posts do you need before you can post pictures?

Congratulations!!!

Thanks :goodvibes I think you need 10 posts before you can post photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter