• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

China: Enchanted China Meets Thread

We experienced Beijing a good bit on our own, get a metro card and one can move about the city rather easily.

We did book a day tour with Bike Beijing, it was well done and a great experience.

IF Steven is you guide tell him Hi.

Do get up early and go to Tiananmen Square for the flag raising. Oh BaiHai Park is great, good food vendors back by the Dragon Screen.

We experienced Beijing a good bit on our own, get a metro card and one can move about the city rather easily.

We did book a day tour with Bike Beijing, it was well done and a great experience.

IF Steven is you guide tell him Hi.

Do get up early and go to Tiananmen Square for the flag raising. Oh BaiHai Park is great, good food vendors back by the Dragon Screen.

Thanks for the tips. I do really want to see the Dragon Screen. I'm glad you let me know it was in Baihai park. For some reason I was thinking it was inside the Forbidden City.

I looked up pictures of the flag raising, but sadly in June it starts at 04:45. I think I'll have to skip that.

Kevin,

You can sleep when you get home :)

FYI there also is a Dragon Screen in the Forbidden City,

Looks like we may might be on the DCL Venice to Barcelona cruise this summer .

Scott,

I had not noticed that. Yes we'll see you on the Venice to Barcelona cruise! Very excited about that too. Currently juggling my China and Med plans. :)

Hi there! We are thinking of the August 3rd trip to China. Any thoughts on ABD China would be great. So far, we have heard that it is pretty hot that time of year but worth it. I am wondering what the flights from city to city are like. Anyone else on that trip on this forum? We have never taken an ABD trip before but we are huge disney fans. Thanks so much!!

Headed to China in one week! I will report back and be available for questions!

Have a fantastic trip! :cool1:

I'm headed to China one week from today, so we'll be there at the same time. But no ABD for this trip. I'm going to run the Great Wall Marathon!:crazy2:

We are signed up for the September 6-17, 2015, Adult Exclusive departure. We are going to do one pre-day in Beijing to try to recover just a bit from the jet lag before setting off on our adventure across China.

The one day is a great idea...but the jet lag will hang with you for a few days!! My advice is to just roll with it...all of the Americans on our trip last May were awake and ready to go at breakfast by 5:30 every morning in Beijing!! But we were on vacation after all in CHINA!!! It won't matter that you are tired!! One thing that also helped DH and me was to go to the pool and have a swim every morning. The pools at all of the hotels were amazing and it was a relaxing yet invigorating way to start the day. And never miss breakfast...the buffets are awesome and the offerings so unique!!! HAVE FUN!! So jealous...wish I was going back!!

Thanks so much for the information. I've been far from home many times, but this is a new level of time difference! I think 8 hours has been the max. Hopefully, I can rest a little the first couple days and then just push through it.

We are signed up for the September 6-17, 2015, Adult Exclusive departure. We are going to do one pre-day in Beijing to try to recover just a bit from the jet lag before setting off on our adventure across China.
I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post! If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I can update your entry!

Sayhello

I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post! If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I can update your entry!

Sayhello

Hi, my family and I are booked for the August 2-13 China trip. Is there a specific thread for that trip? What do you mean to add to the roll call in the first post? thanks :-)

Hi, my family and I are booked for the August 2-13 China trip. Is there a specific thread for that trip? What do you mean to add to the roll call in the first post? thanks :-)
This thread that you posted in is the "Meets Thread" for anyone going on the China ABD. Unfortunately, we don't get enough people on most trips to have a separate thread for each departure. It's so much more useful for everyone to communicate on the same thread. So there will be discussions on this thread (and questions asked and answered) by people who have already been on the trip, and people planning to take the trip in the future (and anyone else who is interested or has something to add!)

If you look at the first post on Page 1 of this thread, I keep a running Roll Call of all of the DISers that have let me know they are going on the China ABD. I've added you to that Roll Call, along with the date you're traveling. If you want to let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I can put those specifics in your entry there.

Let me know if you have any questions! And welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! Is this your first ABD? China is definitely on my short list of "must do" ABD's!

Sayhello

Our family of 3 is booked on the June 14th departure. Now there are two reasons I can't wait for summer to arrive!

Our family of 3 is booked on the June 14th departure. Now there are two reasons I can't wait for summer to arrive!
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first page of this thread.

I'll be interested to hear how the weather is on your trip. Some folks here are thinking of doing the China trip around that time next year, and I *might* join them...

Sayhello

The weather...I am hoping for the best. I visited China 10 years ago (Beijing, Jiangxi and Guangdong provinces) the first two weeks of July and it was almost unbearable (hot and humid.) And I've lived in Florida for the past 25 years! If I didn't have a child, I would have chosen a trip scheduled in the fall. I'm hoping for atypically cool weather. I will let you know after my trip!

I was on the Enchanted China trip in July 2013. It was HOT, especially in Shanghai! However, ABD does a great job trying to keep you cool. They constantly hand out water, as well as tablets (electrolyte?) to put in your water. Just about the time you feel like you can't take the heat any more, you're back on the air conditioned bus. Also, most of us bought fans within the first couple of days. A great souvenir that we used the entire trip.

We are hoping to go on one of the adults only trips in 2016. Will the weather be better in September or October? Does anyone know if the Shanghai Disneyland will be on the itinerary?

We are hoping to go on one of the adults only trips in 2016. Will the weather be better in September or October? Does anyone know if the Shanghai Disneyland will be on the itinerary?
My suspicion (with no support lol) is that because abd will post the 2016 itinaries in the next month or two when they are released that they won't have anything specific listed since an official opening date hasn't been announced (and they can't guarentee the experience for earlier 2016 trips). But, I'm hoping that because there seems to be open time in Shanghai if the new park is open they will have one of those great abd surprises for us :) at least that's what I'm hoping since I hope to be going in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter