Chill Island or South Beach Cabanas?

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
Our last cruise we had a cabana on Chill Island and it was great. Part of it was because there were very few rented for that cruise due to the weather. We have another cruise booked for next year and are looking to book a cabana again. We liked that the Chill Island cabanas had their own private beach and the attendants did a great job of keeping non cabana guests out of the area so it wasn't crowded at all. My concern is if we go there again and it's busier and most or all of the cabanas are rented, the small beach area could feel crowded. Looking at south beach there is only one single row of cabanas- 10 cabanas instead of 20. But I can't tell if the beach area there is private or if it's open to everyone. Does anyone know if the south beach cabana beach area is roped off/private for cabana guests only?

Our last cruise we had a cabana on Chill Island and it was great. Part of it was because there were very few rented for that cruise due to the weather. We have another cruise booked for next year and are looking to book a cabana again. We liked that the Chill Island cabanas had their own private beach and the attendants did a great job of keeping non cabana guests out of the area so it wasn't crowded at all. My concern is if we go there again and it's busier and most or all of the cabanas are rented, the small beach area could feel crowded. Looking at south beach there is only one single row of cabanas- 10 cabanas instead of 20. But I can't tell if the beach area there is private or if it's open to everyone. Does anyone know if the south beach cabana beach area is roped off/private for cabana guests only?
I can't advise if the specific area you mentioned is roped off. I didn't walk that far down and my picture does not show the water area extending out from the beds. If not already a member join the Facebook group for CoCo Cay. There are almost 60,000 members and your question will be answered immediately there. We love the island but just never go to South Beach area.

"CoCo Cay - The perfect Day" is the name of the Facebook group if interested.

South Beach cabanas are just kind of sitting there in the open. The Chill Island ones have that whole little peninsula roped off, so you'll do better with Chill Island if you're wanting a more private beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter