• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

well, Schwarb's had that awesome grab in left, but then made the throw in the 6th when should've just held it..but you learn by doing right? The weather for for sure, a factor. Even before the rains hit hard, the wind blew in both Riz and Schwarb's fly balls, or was it Happ's? He had that throwing error too. Brewers with errors as well, just a miserable day for a game.

ETA: I forgot Zobie's awesome diving grab! That was for you Kewz! Lucky kid who got to play catch with Willy too...this team, just the best

here's Willy playing catch..how do you NOT love him?
http://www.csnchicago.com/video/contreras-gets-loose-playing-catch-young-fan

0y_z3c8f

Last edited:
What a difference a rain delay makes. Sorry we gave up so many runs earlier on. Really thought we had this one.

Bless those fans that stuck it out!
Some rain delays are better than others.

It was nice watching on MLB-TV with Chicago announcers including Kerry Wood instead of ESPN or FOX guys .

general weather report so far for tomorrow
1:00 PM

SAT
Scattered Thunderstorms 60° 57°
40%
78% ESE 17 mph
2:00 PM

SAT
Scattered Thunderstorms 62° 60°
50%
77% ESE 14 mph
3:00 PM

SAT
Scattered Thunderstorms 65° 64°
55%
76% ESE 12 mph
4:00 PM

SAT
Thunderstorms 67° 67°
70%
72% ESE 11 mph
5:00 PM

SAT
Thunderstorms 69° 69°
60%
70% SE 10 mph
6:00 PM

SAT
Thunderstorms 68° 68°
70%
69% SE 9 mph

Sunday lower 60's and dry (5-10% chance)
Cubs /Giant's games starts at 7 Monday night and Milwaukee is off Monday potentially allowing for a double header if Sat gets rained out.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-19_19-27-48.gif
    upload_2017-5-19_19-27-48.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0

If the games happens...Javy out, JHey, Happ in.
images

DAR3MItUMAA3tva.jpg:large

Pretty sure this is the first time for Schwarber in the 2 spot~interesting

Looking at the radar (and I am chatting with the security guard at our hospital who is filling me in on his radar report) ~ sounds like the game might get in if they upped the start to around noon or later and try to get it in by 3:30 ish.. but they really can't start it early Will be interesting as to what the MLB does, especially after yesterdays bad decision.

now security guy saying should have a decent window between 1-3:30..then strong band moving thru at 4, should be ok again by 5:30...gottas score early and a lot, lol...so basically the same as any other game :D
images

Last edited:
Speaking of the trophy...Ok so I am superstitious with the Cubs (duh)but ever since Theo's decision to let the trophy go crowd surfing in Boston..and then it's damage...been a overload of rotten luck other than the Reds series. I wasn't thrilled when I read about it happening and yeah they fixed it but if I was a player that would have bummed me out..a lot.

Anyone know if they're going to play? It looks like the rain has passed, but I'm seeing no indication online.

make up scheduled for Thursday 7/6 @ 1:20..what a perfect reason to extend the July 4th Holiday!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

they are only about 24 hours too late with that call lol.my brother is there..waiting to hear on make up game ...and check out the trophy :thumbsup2
Is the trophy at Wrigley? We need to plan to be there tomorrow at 10:00 am to get our NL Pennant flags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter