• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Well, no surprise at all, but Dexter officially declined the qualifying offer from the Cub's. He is seeking a 4 year deal. That said, no other options have been presented or declined, just the initial qualifying offer . I could see maybe a 2 year deal having possibilities..but not 4 from the Cubs.

Unless the Cubs plan to deal some OF's for pitchers, it doesn't make sense to re-sign Fowler. He's a great guy and I loved having him on the Cubs, but the OF is just too stacked right now. Had we not given that money to Heyward last season, we could have easily re-signed Fowler but that's not the case. I wish Dex all the luck wherever he ends up but 99% sure it won't be with the Cubs.

Unless the Cubs plan to deal some OF's for pitchers, it doesn't make sense to re-sign Fowler. He's a great guy and I loved having him on the Cubs, but the OF is just too stacked right now. Had we not given that money to Heyward last season, we could have easily re-signed Fowler but that's not the case. I wish Dex all the luck wherever he ends up but 99% sure it won't be with the Cubs.
I agree that the OF is stacked , but Heyward still a smart move to me and I hope he remains in RF and not CF, but I imaging the OF in general will be a revolving door. I guess it will depend on what offers Dexter fields, and what the buzz is on Jake thinking past the '17 season as he will also look for big $ (if not sooner) Dexter is also 31 and with plays like the NLCS game 2~ I think an injury isn't far behind. Unless he REALLY wants to be a Cub again he should go for his longer term deal where he can get paid for it, the Cubs need to focus on their own long term. His hamstring injury this year did show how the team did drop off without him, so whoever it is I sure hope they stay healthy. Shwarb's could be lead off but not fast, Zobie would be great but he is stellar 4th. As much as I like Schwarb's , to me he is destined for AL and that may occur next season bringing the pitching $ then. A lot of contracts ending in '19 so developing in house obv the preferred way to go financially. To me, the only 2 guys I see really, truly be lifers (as much as they can of their own control) are Bryzzo and a third would hopefully be Willy as he has been with the Cubs 7 (maybe 8?) years already and certainly likes how he fits in. I can't wait for next season as I am looking forward to getting to see the team solve these mysteries lol

If this doesn't happen today, I wouldn't want to be the player who DOES get it. It should be unanimous, really. Seager got the Rookie and Murphy...just no way his fielding skills compare to KB.

proxy.jpg

I agree that the OF is stacked , but Heyward still a smart move to me and I hope he remains in RF and not CF, but I imaging the OF in general will be a revolving door. I guess it will depend on what offers Dexter fields, and what the buzz is on Jake thinking past the '17 season as he will also look for big $ (if not sooner) Dexter is also 31 and with plays like the NLCS game 2~ I think an injury isn't far behind. Unless he REALLY wants to be a Cub again he should go for his longer term deal where he can get paid for it, the Cubs need to focus on their own long term. His hamstring injury this year did show how the team did drop off without him, so whoever it is I sure hope they stay healthy. Shwarb's could be lead off but not fast, Zobie would be great but he is stellar 4th. As much as I like Schwarb's , to me he is destined for AL and that may occur next season bringing the pitching $ then. A lot of contracts ending in '19 so developing in house obv the preferred way to go financially. To me, the only 2 guys I see really, truly be lifers (as much as they can of their own control) are Bryzzo and a third would hopefully be Willy as he has been with the Cubs 7 (maybe 8?) years already and certainly likes how he fits in. I can't wait for next season as I am looking forward to getting to see the team solve these mysteries lol

Theo isn't trading Schwarber unless the White Sox were willing to give up Quintana and 1 or 2 big time pitching prospects. Every team was calling Theo about Schwarber this season. And it was a non-starter. Theo thinks Schwarbs hitting will be legendary. Also Schwarbs isn't going to lead off. He projects to hit 40+ HR's a season. You don't put someone like that in the #1 spot. Schwarbs will likely go in the 2 spot, then Bryant, then Rizzo, for the L/R/L. That's one of the nastiest 2/3/4 you will ever see.

Theo isn't trading Schwarber unless the White Sox were willing to give up Quintana and 1 or 2 big time pitching prospects. Every team was calling Theo about Schwarber this season. And it was a non-starter. Theo thinks Schwarbs hitting will be legendary. Also Schwarbs isn't going to lead off. He projects to hit 40+ HR's a season. You don't put someone like that in the #1 spot. Schwarbs will likely go in the 2 spot, then Bryant, then Rizzo, for the L/R/L. That's one of the nastiest 2/3/4 you will ever see.
well I still think after '17 Schwarb's may be discussed as a trade. I don't want that to happen, I agree Theo doesn't WANT it to occur but but to me, it can. I know he won't lead as I said. I think Zobie will continue to be the most unselfish player,,,(and I also think he may welcome the break of more days off) splitting with Almora Jr. The infield will stay as it was for play-off's for the most part keeping KB at 3rd and Javy at 2nd. That said, we all know how Joe likes to mix up the chess board, lol.

Well it only occurs if Theo says it does. And he loves Schwarber. So unless someone offers Theo a King's ransom (a young, cost controlled TOR + 1/2 big time AA pitching prospects), Theo ain't doing it. We have Schwarber until 2021 at a basement bargain price. It just doesn't make any sense to trade him right now unless Theo is presented with a once in a lifetime offer.

Well it only occurs if Theo says it does. And he loves Schwarber. So unless someone offers Theo a King's ransom (a young, cost controlled TOR + 1/2 big time AA pitching prospects), Theo ain't doing it. We have Schwarber until 2021 at a basement bargain price. It just doesn't make any sense to trade him right now unless Theo is presented with a once in a lifetime offer.
I agree with you but his injury haunts me and we all know business is business. That said I hope I am way off as I am a big fan of the #12 and the mental mind set/personalities are as huge as the skill. Trades like Warren were no brainer's as to me Warren was not gelling. Now..how about we get a closer ?

It definitely won't be Chapman. I've heard some rumblings Cubs may try for Jansen but I personally don't see it. I think they give Edwards a shot to close. If Cubs need someone, they can always pull a trade for the hot closer again at the deadline.

Kris wins MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he received 29 of 30 votes (WHO didn't vote for him? o_O)
CxgJGc5UkAAU-77.jpg:large

KB is only player to win college player of the year, Minor League player of the year, top rookie and MVP in consecutive years!

Last edited:
It definitely won't be Chapman. I've heard some rumblings Cubs may try for Jansen but I personally don't see it. I think they give Edwards a shot to close. If Cubs need someone, they can always pull a trade for the hot closer again at the deadline.
I heard quite a few teams are trying for Jansen.

And I also would like to know the one jerk who didn't vote for KB for MPV. I was watching the Esurance awards tonight after voting several hundred times during the summer. No KB, no Joe Madden, Professor, no Lester. My several hundred votes counted so little this year, no point in voting next year.

I heard quite a few teams are trying for Jansen.

And I also would like to know the one jerk who didn't vote for KB for MPV. I was watching the Esurance awards tonight after voting several hundred times during the summer. No KB, no Joe Madden, Professor, no Lester. My several hundred votes counted so little this year, no point in voting next year.
Let those other teams have Jansen. ITA on the Esurance, at least Rizzo, Ross, Theo and Game 7 were awarded.

Last edited:
You aren't a fan of Chappie's 100 Million price tag? Lol. I have to say the closer will be the most interesting piece of the puzzle to me..or if teams all jump on the Francona train and semi close starting int he 4/5th. I would love to see both Jansen and Baez fined for the clock ~ just ridiculous

You aren't a fan of Chappie's 100 Million price tag? Lol. I have to say the closer will be the most interesting piece of the puzzle to me..or if teams all jump on the Francona train and semi close starting int he 4/5th. I would love to see both Jansen and Baez fined for the clock ~ just ridiculous
Baez was the worst. You could have played an inning while he was waiting to pitch.

One month ago (tonight)..our Cubs played the game that made them The World Series Champions. The game started on Nov 2, but technically ended Nov 3 at 12:11 a.m. (EST) on that beautiful final out from KB to Rizzo. Here is Chicago it was still the 2nd, but it's OK by me to celebrate BOTH days!
30aed768c394d379b269bb76680a1fe2.jpg

s070972604-300.jpg

upload_2016-12-2_8-42-27.png
cubs-win-world-series-3.jpg
extralarge.jpeg

When KB got that ball and was getting ready to throw it to Rizzo, he had the same look on his face as the first guy who won Who Wants to be a Millionaire when he phoned his dad for his "phone a friend".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter