Cheshire Figment passed away today...

I'm so sad to hear this. RIP Cheshire! You were such a wealth of info here on the DIS and you will be missed!

I am sorry to read this news. I had become familiar with Mike and Judy, many, many years ago from rec.arts.disney.parks. In the years, that followed my parents moved to Florida and became real-life acquaintances with Mike via the World Chapter of the NFFC/DFC.

So sad to hear this. CF was a regular on the Theme Parks and Strategy board and we had quite a few private conversations over the years.

Thoughts of family and everyone else involved :(

I am so sad to hear this. I had sent him a PM a while ago to check on him and never received a response. Thank you for letting us know. He was a very valuable member of this community and will be missed.
RIP :ccat::figment:

Very sad news. He was such a great source of reliable information. RIP, Cheshire Figment.

That is very sad.
My daughter and I had the good fortune to spend a day with him at Epcot about 10 years ago. I also had multiple long phone calls with him over the years.
He was a charter member of the Friends of Figment group. They were instrumental in getting Figment put back into the Imagination ride after its first (very unfortunate) renovation.

He and his wife, JudySue, shared a love of Disney World and moved to Florida to be closer to WDW. Sadly, she died soon after they came to Florida.
I know he missed her terribly and am happy they will be together. He talked about her in almost every conversation I had with him.
He had not been in the best health for the past 15 or so years and will be at peace now.
The best thing I can say about him was that he was a very nice man who was always willing to help someone to experience WDW

I am so saddened to hear of Mike's passing. His love of Disney was infectious and his knowledge was unmatched. He helped me several times and I was so grateful for his knowledge. He will be very missed here on the boards!

I am so very sorry to hear this. I had always wanted him to know how many times I referred to his ticket sticky...too many to count. I will miss him and his creation of a sticky that helped countless Dissers. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I know he is with his beloved wife and maybe taking time to check in with Walt.

So sad to hear. I've been on the board for quite a long time and always valued his advice and expertise.

I am so sorry for your loss Spark Keeper {{hugs}}. Mike was a great guy and a positive, helpful person her on the DIS as Cheshire Figment. I have missed him since his last posts this summer and I am very sad that his hiatus is now permanent. My thoughts go out to the rest of his friends and family ... and to his cat who I am sure misses him terribly.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I knew I had not seen his posts for a bit, but did not realize he was ill. My most sincere condolences to all of those who he was close to: his family his friends, and the members of the DIS community who he shared so much with. He will be missed. RIP CHeshire Figment, and safe travels on your journey Home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!