Cheesy Mug Question.

stemikger

DIS Veteran
Forgive me for sounding Cheesy or cheap, but here goes.

I bought three refillable mugs from Pop Century this past August. If I go back to Pop Century next August of 2005 will I be able to use those same mugs. When I was there I saw people using mugs from the All Star Resorts. I didn't think that was right, but if there is no difference in the resort and the mugs haven't changed, I might as well pack the three I have and use them.

Is this wrong. And do they change the mugs from year to year??

Thanks.

The "official" policy on Disney mugs is that the mugs are good for the length of your stay at the resort you purchased it. It says it right on the side of the mug near the handle.

They do change mugs on occassion, but some resorts have had the same much for years.

Karen

I went to POR last year. This year, we stayed at POFQ. The design between 2003 and 2004 didn't change one bit. I used my mug from POR last year.

Again, we stayed at WL. I wanted the big bottom mugs that I saw everyone carrying around. Went up to the cashier and she said "Oh, those are older mugs, we don't carry those anymore. We just have the small bottom ones." Well, from that conversation, apparently this CM or any other CM working at Roaring Fork didn't really care that you brought your old mug or use a new one. BTW, the design was the same also.

I say bring your mug. If the design is the same, then use it. If the design changed and you're uncomfortable, then get a new one. Use the old ones for water only. They wouldn't mind.

OK. There. I've said it. If you want to flame me... be my guest. My conscience is clear and I still sleep well at night. I'm not the mug police, never will be, and I don't care what you do on your vacation. When I'm at Disney I'm on vacation and I have bigger things to think about.

didn't some or the resorts start putting sitckers on the mugs that said they were only good for the lenght of the stay that they were pruchased?

The rumor is eventually they are going to the bar code system like the water parks have. The drink dispenser would work unless you scan a valid barcode.

personally, if you are at the same resort and teh design hasn't changed, then I would be quite comfortable using it.

I think it would be a good idea if they just charged you a lesser price for a sticker to put on the mugs you already own like they do at the water parks. Honestly I don't need mugs from every time I've gone to Disney.

Answering the OP's question, yes it is wrong. It is supposed to be for length of stay only. Justify the second use if you like (you would not be alone), but that is the policy.

I cannot speak for the other resorts but know for a fact that the old big bottom mugs from WL are grandfathered in and welcome for repeated use as the head of Roaring Forks told me so in person. They did not say good for use during this stay and therefore are good as long as they hold up. The new mugs, however are same as the other resorts and intended for use during the stay purchased.

After the many discussions on this topic, I checked my mugs. Neither my WL nor my AKL mugs have any "disclaimer" on them. My newest mug from Pop Century *does* have text stating that it's good for length of stay only on it...but it's in tiny print.

Originally posted by emmabelle
I think it would be a good idea if they just charged you a lesser price for a sticker to put on the mugs you already own like they do at the water parks. Honestly I don't need mugs from every time I've gone to Disney.

That's a great idea! I agree !

Originally posted by Lou-Ann
I cannot speak for the other resorts but know for a fact that the old big bottom mugs from WL are grandfathered in and welcome for repeated use as the head of Roaring Forks told me so in person. They did not say good for use during this stay and therefore are good as long as they hold up. The new mugs, however are same as the other resorts and intended for use during the stay purchased.

When I split a stay between Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge (concierge), I started the stay at GF, where I bought the refillable mug. When I checked in at the WL, I asked if I should buy a WL mug, and they said no, since I'd just purchased the GF mug and it was on the same visit, it would be fine to use my GF mug at WL roaring forks. Maybe WL is more liberal about the mugs? So I used my GF mug there the remainder of the week there (of course, since we had concierge, I rarely needed refills anyway...) :)

Last week at the WL, they seem to be very strict about the mugs. I saw them stopping people left and right with mugs from other resorts. I had our old mugs, and they were not bothering people with older WL mugs, just the newer ones from other resorts with the disclaimer on them. We did buy new ones since we like the smaller bottom better.
So when we switched to the POR, we bought our mugs there figuring that was the policy now, but people were using mugs from all different resorts. I guess it depends on the resort and the set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter