cheer competition crowds?

constantstar

Mouseketeer
First time poster, long time lurker!

I'm planning a trip for February 5th - 9th (2016). I've found out that there is a cheerleading competition on the 6th and 7th. Does anyone know how the crowds are for the days before, after, and during the competition? I'd planned on going to MK the 8th (Monday) but I'm worried that it will be filled with clusters of girls that stayed to enjoy the parks. Should I switch my MK day to the 7th (the Sunday of the competition) and go to HS/Epcot on Monday instead? I have dining reservations but I don't think changing them will be a problem. I had us in MK on Monday so that we could see Wishes before we head out Tuesday morning.

Any advice is appreciated!!

:welcome:To TP&S Board glad to see you.My experience it did not effect crowd level very much. You will see some and will seem like they're practicing their cheers and routines. So I say don't worry and have a great time.They can get loud if you are staying same resort you are.:)

Last spring while waiting for magical express, a pretty large group of cheerleaders got in line for another bus, so I was concerned! But I hardly noticed them in the Parks, and any that I did notice around were all very well-behaved. :) I doubt that it will affect your trip

I wouldn't change any plans.:)

You won't even know they are in the Parks.;)

8707970269_2750c3acb4_c.jpg

Seriously,the Parks are big so it's not like every time you turn your head there will be a Cheerleader.:)

HOWEVER,The Fifteens will be there also,so you may see either a Cheerleader OR a Fifteen every time you turn your head!!!!:)

If you're not staying at the resort with the cheerleaders, they won't affect you much. I was there in April when they were competing at Epcot. They were walking around after their competition and there was a big party of them at Via Napoli and the pub was overflowing with cheer parents, but otherwise there wasn't any issue, and if they hadn't been wearing cheer and dance costumes they would have looked like any group of kids.

My daughter is an Allstar cheerleader, and last year she competed at Disney twice - in March at WWoS and DHS, and again in May at WWoS. (For any other AS cheer people out there, we were at UCA and The Summit.) There aren't nearly as many cheerleaders in the parks as you'd expect with such large competitions.

The competition going on during your stay is UCA High School Nationals. Yes, you will see them. No, they will not ruin your day at MK. :goodvibes

Were going on the same dates for cheer competition! Our schools are off the entire week for Mardi Gras!
We will be at Magic Kingdom on the 8th.

First time poster, long time lurker!

I'm planning a trip for February 5th - 9th (2016). I've found out that there is a cheerleading competition on the 6th and 7th. Does anyone know how the crowds are for the days before, after, and during the competition? I'd planned on going to MK the 8th (Monday) but I'm worried that it will be filled with clusters of girls that stayed to enjoy the parks. Should I switch my MK day to the 7th (the Sunday of the competition) and go to HS/Epcot on Monday instead? I have dining reservations but I don't think changing them will be a problem. I had us in MK on Monday so that we could see Wishes before we head out Tuesday morning.

Any advice is appreciated!!

I had the experience of staying at AS Sports with the cheer groups this past late April. Never again. If I had done my homework correctly I would of never booked a trip at that time frame or would of stayed somewhere else. The parks weren't crowded but the resort was. Coming back from DTD disney one day, OMG!!! Security was called several times one night in the building where I was staying because they were out of control.

I had the experience of staying at AS Sports with the cheer groups this past late April. Never again. If I had done my homework correctly I would of never booked a trip at that time frame or would of stayed somewhere else. The parks weren't crowded but the resort was. Coming back from DTD disney one day, OMG!!! Security was called several times one night in the building where I was staying because they were out of control.
This. Don't worry about the parks, but you may not want to use the QS/CS restaurants at the hotel.

Stay deluxe if possible. Tour groups generally never stay at the deluxe resorts.

In February 2013, my husband and I were there during the same February week with cheerleaders, and it too was Mardi Gras week. Aside from a group here or there, they're not really noticeable in the parks. We stayed at Caribbean Beach, and apparently it was also a resort that the teams could stay at. Having been a high school mascot myself (go LC Beavers!) I personally found it pretty cool to walk the paths around all of the villages at Caribbean Beach one early evening as the various squads were out practicing their stunts. I recall that our village had many rooms filled with cheerleaders, but we didn't have any problems with noise or being bothered by them. I would advise that if you're staying at a resort with them, the food courts do get very busy! Other than the full resort food courts, their presence didn't have any negative effects in our experience.

Had a similar thing at the Radisson in Celebration. The parents getting drunk in the lobby. It gets worse as more teams drop out of the competition.

Then one day, the car park is empty and they are gone!!

I stayed at Pop this last April while they were there. I too will never do it again, just swarms of teenagers everywhere. Also couldn't understand why some of them feel like it is okay to go touring the parks half dressed. I understand that they have a uniform for competition, but walking around in tight little shorts and tight crop tops is not proper attire for teenage girls in my opinion at the parks.

Interesting...I was also at All Star Sports during that time frame, and other than the food court being incredibly busy, I never would have known they were there. My room was in one of the Homerun Hotel buildings and it was quiet as a church back there.

I wouldn't change any plans.:)

You won't even know they are in the Parks.;)

8707970269_2750c3acb4_c.jpg

Seriously,the Parks are big so it's not like every time you turn your head there will be a Cheerleader.:)

HOWEVER,The Fifteens will be there also,so you may see either a Cheerleader OR a Fifteen every time you turn your head!!!!:)

I love :rotfl2: your pictures.

I agree, there will be no fear with cheer girls as they roam the parks in small units BUT the 15's .... yeah you won't be able to get away from but on the up side, you will hear them before you see them. Now your hotel may be a different story ....

As WEDWDW shows you below :crazy2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter