Checking In... now or no rush?

Chrissy-Mickey

DIS Veteran
We received the email from Royal Caribbean to check in now for our cruise.

First, we noticed that we were moved to other rooms (not surprising during this Covid time), but the location of the new rooms weren't acceptable to us. I called Royal, and there was no problem moving us to another area that we prefer and was available. Great service!

So now, what's the benefit of checking in now vs. checking in later? (it's our first time cruising with RC)
Half our party is currently traveling, so it would be more convenient for us to wait for them to return (about two weeks from now).
Does it matter?

When is your cruise.

My wife and I will be taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise early this December. I have not received any emails about this, but if I login to my account, I can see that I can do checkin.

I'm assuming you are asking about your December RCL cruise from looking at your sig. There really isn't any reason you should check in right now as opposed to waiting for the rest of your party to return. But then again, there really isn't any good reason to wait.

you will most likely end up with a later boarding time, the later you check in. That's it.
Good point. If it the boarding time is important then the sooner you check in the better.

I do prefer an early boarding time, good point!
The early boarding doesn't always apply. We are sailing in 17 days. We were first checked in at 90 days, which was when RCCL used to start check in. Then they made everyone who had already checked in do it all over again at 45 days because of many cancellations due to Covid restrictions, etc. All of the early embarkation times had gotten taken up and all that was available for boarding were around the 3pm timeframe. Yesterday at the 18 day mark they posted new boarding times all the way back to 11am. So I believe it fluctuates on each cruise. Also want to mention that if you are on facebook, search for a facebook group for your sailing date and request to join. Our current group has around 450 members and someone in our group recently posted that there was a large price drop on all cabins for our sailing and to check and see if we were due a refund. They had gotten $750 in OBC. We checked and got $1,259 in OBC. It helps having all the extra eyes watching things like this and posting when thing go on sale in your cruise planner. Also you can ask your questions on there and get many more responses than you will get here. Hope you enjoy RCCL. We cruised with DCL for 8 cruises before switching over and we are now Diamond members (93 nights) with RCCL. Happy cruising.

Also want to mention that if you are on facebook, search for a facebook group for your sailing date and request to join. Our current group has around 450 members and someone in our group recently posted that there was a large price drop on all cabins for our sailing and to check and see if we were due a refund. They had gotten $750 in OBC. We checked and got $1,259 in OBC. It helps having all the extra eyes watching things like this and posting when thing go on sale in your cruise planner.

I've looked for a facebook page on our cruise, but couldn't find it. I figured it's not there because it's just a 4 night cruise. That said, because you mentioned about the sale and getting a refund; I checked the website and there was indeed a sale! I called and they adjusted the price. Thank you so much!

How soon in advance is check-in typically offered? Trying to time for my Dec 27 departure.

for my 12/5 cruise I initially checked in on 9/5. Then they changed the deposit policy and I had to recheck in on 10/21. Everything I had entered for the first check in had been saved.

for my 12/5 cruise I initially checked in on 9/5. Then they changed the deposit policy and I had to recheck in on 10/21. Everything I had entered for the first check in had been saved.

Thanks. What should we have prepared to enter or submit as part of the check in process?
Any photos of ourselves? Proof of vaccinations?

Thanks. What should we have prepared to enter or submit as part of the check in process?
Any photos of ourselves? Proof of vaccinations?

a photo of your id
a photo of yourself
a photo of your vaccine card
the cc you plan on using for onboard charges

you can also skip around, so you can pick your arrival time and then go back for the details

a photo of your id
a photo of yourself
a photo of your vaccine card
the cc you plan on using for onboard charges

you can also skip around, so you can pick your arrival time and then go back for the details
Photo of your ID meaning passport photo?
Ok great - so uploading the photos of ourselves is not a prerequisite to choose arrival time?
Can I just pick the time and not enter any of that other information until later, or even at the port? In the past RC never seemed to accept our pictures anyway.

Photo of your ID meaning passport photo?
Ok great - so uploading the photos of ourselves is not a prerequisite to choose arrival time?
Can I just pick the time and not enter any of that other information until later, or even at the port? In the past RC never seemed to accept our pictures anyway.

yes to passport
not sure your check in would be considered complete with nothing entered.
My selfie is horrible. I fully expect them to re do at the port

How soon in advance is check-in typically offered? Trying to time for my Dec 27 departure.
They used to start check in at the 90 day window, but since Covid and the Covid related restrictions they have been lately using the 45 day window for check in. Also if you haven't already download the Royal Caribbean App onto your phone. It will help you a lot later.

Just realized I had to send my kids' existing passports to the passport office in order to get renewals. I had scanned them before sending them - I guess I'll submit a picture of the scans as part of the check in process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter