• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check the news

I am in shock right now...what a horrible day. I have posted several messages on the CB about all this, but I just would like to reply to ChrisJo's post about airport security. My aunt is an FAA agent at Logan International (Boston, where at least two of the planes left from.) She is one of many in charge of making sure the security checkpoints function as they should. However, one thing most people don't realize is that security checkpoints as NOT as secure they think they are. I waited for her in the airport a few years ago when she did an undercover run - she went through the metal detector with a hand grenade in her purse and they DID NOT catch it. She looks really innocent - very short, sweet face. She has been saying for years that something like this is bound to happen with the lack of security...I am in shock that now it actually has. This has been a crazy day for her I am sure, especially after she has been working for the FAA for so long trying to make changes in the security operations of the airport. (It is not the FAA that actually runs the checkpoints, rather airport employees.)

This has been such an awful day. Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

I have to tell you that this feels unreal. I left work at 12:50, didn't get home until 6:50. It was horrible - my heart was in my mouth the whole way home. The trip usually takes 35 mins. but everything was closed. I was on Rts. 1&9 in Jersey, and from Linden all the way to Jersey City all I could see was the billowing smoke where the twin towers used to be. I was horrified, crying, unable to reach my family due to phone outages. All I could think of was those poor people downtown and their families. Many people in my city work in the WTC. The loss is staggering. It's indescribable. I have taken an inventory of friends and family who worked there and was happy to find that most of them were safe. I haven't heard from a cousin yet but I'm hoping I will soon. I pray that they catch those responsible and make an example of them!

What angers me more is that people in certain parts of NJ are *cheering* about this. Paterson has riots because the Palestinian residents are cheering. No one should be cheering this tragic loss.

Please, everyone, donate blood, especially if you have O-.

Blessings to all,
Adele aka Baileymouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter