Check in times/crowds

jeni1072

Mouseketeer
This may seem like a silly question to some, but is there a "good" time and a "bad" time for check in? I know 3 is the earliest, should you try to get there as close to that as possible, or is there a big rush at that time? We are arriving at Pop century on a saturday, and I'm wondering if we should go straight there, or go get some dinner first, etc etc. I guess I figure with almost 3,000 rooms, it can get a little hairy for check ins? I had read somewhere on a review that there were lines and lines when the person went to check in.

Any thoughts would be great!

Ill be checking in as soon as I get there at 8 am. Theres been times that there are a few people in front of me, and then theres times that we walked right up to the counter. The longest wait was at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, when we checked in around 11 am.

You can check in at any time. The only thing is that your room might not be ready until 3:00. I would check in as soon as you get there. If your room is not ready, leave your luggage at the front desk. Then I would go get a bite to eat. That is what we are planning on doing when we arrive.

You can check in at any time that day. You don't have to wait until 3:00. If your room isn't ready, you can leave your bags with bell services. You'll be given a phone number to call after 3:00 to get your room number. You will have your room keys whenever you check in so there is no need to go back to the front desk. We usually check in sometime after 11:00 because that's the check out time.

Longest I've ever had to wait was 10 minutes at Caribbean Beach. That seemed like a lifetime because the check in area is by itself and there's no diversion for the kids. I've never had a problem checking in at Pop Century.

We live 2 hours away and frequently used to wind up trying to check in at 11am - check out time. I suggest any time before that, or between 12 and 2, or be prepared for some waiting. I think my longest wait was around 30 minutes in line, around 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter