Charging to room question

FigmentForEver1976

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at Pop. So is the charging limit 500 per day? So if I don't reach that limit the first day, does it reset for the next day or does the total roll over? Like if I spend 250 one day can I only spend 250 the next before I have to make a payment?

If I remember right, at the point you hit $500 in charges to your room, Disney will automatically take it out of your card, and then reset your spending limit. It's not $500/day, it's $500/reset.

If I remember right, at the point you hit $500 in charges to your room, Disney will automatically take it out of your card, and then reset your spending limit. It's not $500/day, it's $500/reset.
Yes... and no. It has happened to people both ways. I have had it happen to me both ways.

Im confused. Is that something specific to that resort? I always spend over $500 and Ive never been asked to pay mid trip. Is that because they have my CC on file?

Im confused. Is that something specific to that resort? I always spend over $500 and Ive never been asked to pay mid trip. Is that because they have my CC on file?

Depends on level of resort, value has been $500 for as long as I remember. We have hit the limit, they haven't charged our card, but anything else to the room has been declined until we go to the front desk.

Yes, it's automatic. Some people like to pay the balance by gift card, so need to do so before the charge is processed. That's what we do. (I don't know if the limit is still $500 at values, I thought I'd read that it was more, but I don't know where or how much.)

We had this happen once when we we were staying at ASMu and I guess we were one of the unlucky ones that had our next purchase declined. My DH called the front desk from the parks and they reset it for us. The next morning we went to the front desk and they changed something in the system so it wouldn't happen again. We have stayed at Values many times and only had that happen once.

Depends on level of resort, value has been $500 for as long as I remember. We have hit the limit, they haven't charged our card, but anything else to the room has been declined until we go to the front desk.

Thanks for the info. Ill have to ask when I check in what the policy is for my resort. Would hate to be on a shopping spree and be stopped mid-way through Epcot!! Though I think my husband would stop me before the resort did :)

Thanks for the info. Ill have to ask when I check in what the policy is for my resort. Would hate to be on a shopping spree and be stopped mid-way through Epcot!! Though I think my husband would stop me before the resort did :)
The limit is higher for moderate resorts and even higher for deluxes. Your signature shows a lot of deluxe resorts, the limit there is at least 1500 before they charge your card.

We've also had our credit card charged when we hit just half of our limit at the moderate resorts. Seven night stay and our card was charged at day 3 or 4 and we had only reached the halfway point. It was then charged again on our check out day. It wasn't an issue for us but could have been for a guest looking to pay periodically with a gift card or cash. Not sure why they would set a limit (I think $1000 at that time) and then put the charges through so quickly. I don't think we even reached the limit with both of the charges for our stay.

I thought the charging limits were raised for the values. 1500 for values and moderates, 2000 for deluxes. Dang - the link I'd saved that says this no longer works.

What I did was stop by the desk every other day and pay off my charges with gift cards. If I knew I spent alot on a particular day, I did it sooner. I wanted to catch it before Disney charged my credit card.

From what i have read, my numbers are wrong. It appears that Values and Moderates are $1500, and Deluxe and DVC are $2000 before a forced charge is applied. They can always be manually set lower by talking to the CMs at the front desk.

Four years ago I stayed at Pop and they did have the $500 limit but I am going next week and I called and a CM checked and told me that there is no limit.

I think they are starting to charge your credit card a lot sooner than when you hit your forced charge limit. Think about it, technically if there was no limit - how many people have the ability to cover their charges at the end of their stay? I'm sure not everyone has an unlimited credit line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter