charging on room key question

brandi~momof3

Mouseketeer
I have read on the boards about people having problems whwn on the dining plan and charging on their room key that they were charged instead of it coming out of the DDP.
so my question is could my dh just have the charging attached to his room key and I would just use mine for dining?
does that make sense? lol

That makes sense; in the past we've had some keys with charging privilege and some without. (FYI, we had no trouble at all with "charging" DDP to our room keys.) Have fun and make your ADRs! :)

If you tell the clerk or waiter/waitress -- DINING PLAN -- and then check the receipt that you're given.. you should have no problems.

The receipt will clearly indicate if the room is being charged.. or if you have used dining plan credits.

I understand some people have had problems... but if you check each receipt DIRECTLY when it is given to you.. you should have no problems.

Knox

. . . coming out of the DDP.
so my question is could my dh just have the charging attached to his room key and I would just use mine for dining? . . .

Yes and No.
1) Yes
. . . he can have charging privileges
. . . you can decline charging privileges
2) No
. . . keys for the same room all have DDP privileges
3) Maybe
. . . as mentioned above, just look at the receipt to see money or no money
. . . if no money, then it's is charged as DDP
. . . if money, then you are paying for it

The only time there was a problem was when they were having computer problems at the Beach Club and they couldn't use our dining plan for our dinner at Cape May. The waitress informed us of the problem and said that the charge would be reversed the next next day and the dining plan charged accordingly. That was no problem however customer service didn't fix it. We went to concierge and the woman had no idea what we were talking about and disappeared for 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes. That was really strange. Otherwise, using the dining plan went very smoothly.

The last time we went to WDW the CM at check in suggested that when we used the dining plan to present one of our children's passes which did not allow charging. I thought it was a great idea and it was easy. We were guaranteed that the meal was not charged to our room. If it is just you and your husband it might be a little more bothersome if you want to charge something on your card and he is not around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter