Character Performer Auditions

jbird003

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody,

I am new to this board, but I have applied for the Disney College Program in Spring of 2009. I am planning on attending the character performer audition in Nashville in November.

Is this audition for fur characters and face characters? I am actually interested in being one of the princes.

Also, do you all have any tips that may help me out? I would love to hear about any experiences that you all have had at the Disney auditions.

Thanks!
jbird003

Hey everybody,

I am new to this board, but I have applied for the Disney College Program in Spring of 2009. I am planning on attending the character performer audition in Nashville in November.

Is this audition for fur characters and face characters? I am actually interested in being one of the princes.

Also, do you all have any tips that may help me out? I would love to hear about any experiences that you all have had at the Disney auditions.

Thanks!
jbird003

I did entertaiment for my CP last year and I absolutley loved it!!! I went to the audition before i applied to the college program and i was so nervous but it turned out to be so fun! You arrive and sign in and they give u a name tag with a number on it. The everyone went into the dance studio where your picture is taken and they measure how tall you are. Everything is by height!! We learned a dance from one of the parades for about 45 minutes and then you learn how to animate. Then everyone leaves the room and then you go back in in small groups and you do it before the casting people. If you think you could do face then they will pull you in the back and see if your right for the part. If they think you'll fit for fur then they will give you a card.
Just know everyone does fur! Its hard and exhausting but very rewarding! And if they dont have the supplies at the audition to fit you for face then you will have to do it when you arrive.
I hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions!

I did the CP in 2006 and while I didn't apply for Entertainment, I ended up there after getting pulled by casting during check-in. I was somewhat thrown into an audition without really ever thinking about what something like that would be like.

Out of 8 of us that they pulled at check-in, they moved 5 of us over from our original roles. I ended up going back to my original role after about 3 months in entertainment. It just wasn't for me. But that's okay. There's lots of people like yourself who really want to do it. I'd rather make room for those people than take up a spot and not enjoy it.

Anyhow... as far as tips go... smile, Smile, SMILE!!! Even if you're messing up steps (which I did, because let's face it, I suck at movement) they'll love you if you're super up-beat.

For the animation portion, be over the top. If you feel incredibly ridiculous, kick it up a notch and you'll be spot on. Be as big and bold as you can with your motions. Oh, and smile. LOL.

PP is right. Everything is based on height. Although... everything is based on what they need, based on height. That's to say that my Disney height is different than my real height. The reason we all got pulled from check-in was b/c they need/wanted us for a specific role. That means that we needed to also be a certain height... even if we weren't.

GL, have fun & smile!

Thanks for you all your help!

Does anyone know the height of the princes off the top of their head? I am 6 foot and I'm a little worried that I may be too tall.

Thanks for you all your help!

Does anyone know the height of the princes off the top of their head? I am 6 foot and I'm a little worried that I may be too tall.

Princesses range between 5'4-5'7. I was measured at 5'7 and a quarter and am too tall. However, Maleficent is in your height range, so you still have a face option!

Thanks for the responses!

Berlioz, I was actually talking about the princes like Cinderella's Prince or Snow White's Prince. I'm not sure I would make the best Maleficent...lol!

Have a great night!

I know that when i was going into entertainment i had a ton of questions so feel free to PM me if you have any

My tips- smile and get the heck out of that shell. be nutty. You WANT to be noticed. have fun. you will be nervous but look as close to being not nervous as possible :D good luck.

Thanks for the responses!

Berlioz, I was actually talking about the princes like Cinderella's Prince or Snow White's Prince. I'm not sure I would make the best Maleficent...lol!

Have a great night!

Haha - oops! I read your question too quickly! Princes are 5'10-6'0, John Smith is a little taller. If they are interested in you as a prince they'll measure you so that you fit into the height.

for fur do you get a costume to try out in?
also do you express you want to be princess or do they just speak with the girls they feel are right for face?

for fur do you get a costume to try out in?
also do you express you want to be princess or do they just speak with the girls they feel are right for face?

No. You do not try on the costumes at the auditions.

And they pull the people they want to look at for face.

And what happens after they pull someone for face?

At some auditions they will have costumes, make-up, and wigs. If someone gets pulled for face they will take them back and put them in the costume they may see them as. The costume kinda makes or breaks you. They want to see if you look right in the costume and look like the character.

Hey guys --

I have a couple of character performer question. Like I said earlier, I am auditioning in November for a character performer for the College Program.

1) If I don't pass the audition, does that mean that I don't any chance of getting into the CP? Also, will I receive any type of letter before my audition in November or will it be after?

2) What are the chances of a CP getting a face character? Are they pretty slim?

Thanks!

Hey guys --

I have a couple of character performer question. Like I said earlier, I am auditioning in November for a character performer for the College Program.

1) If I don't pass the audition, does that mean that I don't any chance of getting into the CP? Also, will I receive any type of letter before my audition in November or will it be after?

Thanks!

1. you still get into the cp if you don't pass auditions. they'll assign you to a role that you put on your list. my friend didn't pass auditions and they put her in her second choice, merch. i don't remember when she got her letter though.

2. i believe it is pretty slim, but not impossible. i know a girl who is friends with snow white right now and others who are in fur. it just depends on what they need and if you are perfect for a character. most likely they will put in you in fur, but they might pull you for face later

Hey guys --

Thanks!

1. No. If you don't pass the audition, they will try to put you into one of the other roles you picked (when I auditioned in 2006, I didn't pass. But I got my second choice, character attendant). Also, you would not receive a letter until after the audition.

2. It's pretty slim for CPs. But I do know a few who were pulled (including my roomie in 2006).

Also, will I receive any type of letter before my audition in November or will it be after?

I interviewed in January and received a letter in February. It was a letter stating that they were processing my application and my status was pending.

My audition was in March, and I received a letter 12 days after the audition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts