Character Performer Auditions

1) If I don't pass the audition, does that mean that I don't any chance of getting into the CP

At the time of this writing, you have 2 Yes's for this.

However, I'd say not necessarily. They will consider you for other positions if space is available, but they aren't holding a backup for you in case you don't make it through.

It was either on these boards or another where several people who were cut from auditions were not offered another position because they were full.

Now this could be that they were full-full (everything) or that the other positions that they were interested in were full and they weren't willing to do any of the positions that they still had open.

Hey guys...

I'm a little bit worried about the dance portion of the audition. I have never received any formal dance training, but I'm used to working with a choreographer during various shows that I have been in.

Are there any basic steps that I need to make sure I'm comfortable with before the audition?

Thanks!

Hey guys...

I'm a little bit worried about the dance portion of the audition. I have never received any formal dance training, but I'm used to working with a choreographer during various shows that I have been in.

Are there any basic steps that I need to make sure I'm comfortable with before the audition?

Thanks!

You should be fine. They don't do complicated things you need to be trained to know - they show you how to do the steps, and they get more complex as the routine continues so they know where your skill level is. If you've practiced learning choreography before you're ahead of the game. :) Just remember to smile and get the arm motions even if you can't get the feet!

will we know the day of our audition whether we passed or not or do we still need to wait for our acceptance letters to know for sure?

This may be somewhat of a stupid question, but I'm already getting impatient waiting for my letter and my audition is still more than a month away!

will we know the day of our audition whether we passed or not or do we still need to wait for our acceptance letters to know for sure?

This may be somewhat of a stupid question, but I'm already getting impatient waiting for my letter and my audition is still more than a month away!

No. You will not know if you were accepted/declined until after the audition. This is because some of the other roles you picked could be full if you didn't pass the audition.

the day i auditioned they told me if i passed the character audtion and then i had to wait to hear from the college program to see if i got into that

It took me almost 3 weeks after my audition to get my acceptance letter (I found out about 5 days after that I didn't get performer).

the day i auditioned they told me if i passed the character audtion and then i had to wait to hear from the college program to see if i got into that

By any chance did you audition in Orlando? They do tell Orlando the day of, but most other locations do not find out until they receive an e-mail about 1-3 weeks later.

:confused3 I hear in auditions that you have to act out a character??!! I don't understand this.. can some explain this to me?

At my audition they just had us act out meeting a character and then being hungry and getting food. They told us to act how we would when we met a specific character (so they could tell who we were meeting) and then act like we were hungry and find food. And do all of this over-exaggerated too lol

At my audition they just had us act out meeting a character and then being hungry and getting food. They told us to act how we would when we met a specific character (so they could tell who we were meeting) and then act like we were hungry and find food. And do all of this over-exaggerated too lol

oh okay!! thank you so much!!!! but if you dont mind me asking.. (i'm not trying to cheat or anything i swear!!) but like could you give me an example for the acting out a character? cause i have no idea what would you do?

oh okay!! thank you so much!!!! but if you dont mind me asking.. (i'm not trying to cheat or anything i swear!!) but like could you give me an example for the acting out a character? cause i have no idea what would you do?

oh no it's fine!

My friend (i don't remember if he used this or not but) he was going to "meet" Gaston and do imaginary pull-ups on his biceps. I met Cinderella and tried on her glass slipper. There were lots of cute ideas though. People were very imaginative.

I'm not sure if they do this at every audition though

hey everybody! this thread has been super helpful! could anyone tell me about how long the audition lasts? i'm trying to fly out to pittsburgh and was wondering if i should schedule the flight home the same day (the audition starts at 10am) or fly home (to philly) the next day??

thanks so much!!

hey everybody! this thread has been super helpful! could anyone tell me about how long the audition lasts? i'm trying to fly out to pittsburgh and was wondering if i should schedule the flight home the same day (the audition starts at 10am) or fly home (to philly) the next day??

thanks so much!!

Hi! I went to the audition in Pittsburgh in March. It started at 10 and there were about 100 or so people there and I was no. 42. (the numbers are there for a good reason- not to scare - i promise lol) I got done around 2 i believe- i'm not exactly sure, though. And of course, people behind me were there longer. So unless it's a later in the night flight- i would wait until the next day. Plus it might not be as tiring that day. Believe me- you will be tired and hot after the audition.

thanks so much!!

My audition felt like it took forever. I think i started at 4 or 5 and i was there untill 9:30/10:00 and there were people who were still there waiting for the second dance audition. You could probably fly home later that night but if u want to be safe then fly home the next day. There were 80 people at my audition i think.

The pantomiming or "puppetry" as disney puts it, is common for an audition. It can make or break your audition because if you don't have the right "face" (aka no a 'face' character),and can't dance (not a good parade performer), then they look at your ability to mime to see if you'd fit as a "fur".

Should you fall short there, or they not need someone in your height range, you'll get waitlisted.

Here is a good 'what if' question. What if you try out for an audition and don't make it and you get another position as a CP, like merchandise? What are your chances or opportunities to get called upon, re-cast, or retry another audition for a character after you have started the CP?

Here is a good 'what if' question. What if you try out for an audition and don't make it and you get another position as a CP, like merchandise? What are your chances or opportunities to get called upon, re-cast, or retry another audition for a character after you have started the CP?

Next to impossible. If you are hired as merchandise then you will not be asked to move to entertainment. They will describe this at your audition - but less than 50% of people who audition actually make it (last year about 250 people made it out of 700-900 auditioners) - if all of those people came to the program and started auditioning again then the rest of the CP departments would be in serious trouble... so entertainment will not take any CPs until they complete their contract with their current department.

Also, you are not allowed to audition more than once every 6 months, so that stops anyone interested in auditioning for entertainment once they arrive. They also wouldn't call a recast, because as it is there is already a multi-month waiting list for people who want to be in entertainment. This waiting list is for people who passed the audition, there were just no openings in their height ranges.

On the other side however, if you are still interested in being a character perform after your program you can audition during your last month. You can use this audition to extend into a new entertainment CP or to go seasonal.

Not very likely, unfortunately. Once you are given your role for the CP, that's your role. If you are planning on extending though, you can audition again at the end of the CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter