Character meet and greet alone.

ahall106

Earning My Ears
Hey y’all. So I’m a 25 year old male and I love going to Disney a bunch. I’m a huge fan of Frozen and Disney Princess stuff. Obviously, there are going to be societal stigmas towards that unfortunately. I really want to do the meet and greets with Elsa and Anna, but I’m nervous about looking weird and out of place. Have any of y’all ever done this before? Do y’all think this would make me look too out of place? Also what tips would you have for me? Thanks

Hey y’all. So I’m a 25 year old male and I love going to Disney a bunch. I’m a huge fan of Frozen and Disney Princess stuff. Obviously, there are going to be societal stigmas towards that unfortunately. I really want to do the meet and greets with Elsa and Anna, but I’m nervous about looking weird and out of place. Have any of y’all ever done this before? Do y’all think this would make me look too out of place? Also what tips would you have for me? Thanks

Hey, and :welcome: to the DIS!

Don't worry, they are absolutely cool with solo adults doing a meet and greet. The CM's are pretty good at making you feel comfortable and at ease. They will be friendly and pleasant. Due to COVID, the meets are more like photo ops, but genrally if you just follow their lead and let them initiate any contact then you're perfectly fine.

Before Covid, I would love meeting the characters. It was weird at first, but then I really got into it. One time I asked Anastasia to marry me, and she was telling everyone we were getting married. I loved it! Don’t worry about feeling weird. Just go and do it, and have a good time.

I met Elsa at Epcot. she was in a patch of grass behind a wooden gate. She's funny. She's very talkative. Checkout the recent youtube videos to get a better idea. you can ask her random questions or compliment her and then do a selfie. there are always kids there too (no line) - people kind of gather around the wooden fence. some of the kids ask her to look at something they are doing or wearing or they introduce their siblings to her, etc. so it's fun to listen to the banter back and forth. People are so focused on themselves and their own kids in a situation like that, I'm not sure if they'll even realize you're solo.

Keep in mind: characters meet dozens of solo travellers, male and female, in a day.

And the people who you will be in line with do not care one bit about you and your soloness. They will have forgotten you the moment you disappear from their eye sight. Just like you have forgotten all about them and you do not care about them either ;)

You do this for you. You do not do this for anyone else.

I met Elsa at Epcot. she was in a patch of grass behind a wooden gate. She's funny. She's very talkative. Checkout the recent youtube videos to get a better idea. you can ask her random questions or compliment her and then do a selfie. there are always kids there too (no line) - people kind of gather around the wooden fence. some of the kids ask her to look at something they are doing or wearing or they introduce their siblings to her, etc. so it's fun to listen to the banter back and forth. People are so focused on themselves and their own kids in a situation like that, I'm not sure if they'll even realize you're solo.
Anna and Elsa went back to their indoor Sommerhaus meet and greet in Norway. There is still distancing with the characters so you can’t hug them. More like selfie photo ops. Try doing it with the fur characters and then go for it with the face characters.

I went to Fairytale hall alone to meet Rapunzel and Tiana. Apart from one brief moment where a cast member thought I was a dad with the lady and kid in front of me it was fine. Rapunzel and I had a nice chat and Tiana offered to make me beignets if I was ever in New Orleans.

Also had a great chat with Rey in Galaxy's Edge, she was fascinated by this planet "Earth" and what it was like.

Bottom line- don't overthink it, go with the flow.

Don’t sweat it a bit.

However, don't be too surprised if the Princess you meet takes a couple seconds to warm up. DS was a CM at DL for a few months and heard some horrendous stories from Princesses about "groping guys". But after just a couple seconds (the Princesses have very fast radar of who's sincere), the Princesses are wonderful.
A few years ago, DH had a lovely chat with Princess Tiana, whom he met on a solo stroll in Epcot.

I'm a man in my 30s and love meet and greets. I'm frequently interacting with them alone and it never feels weird to me.

As long as you keep things appropriate the characters are all really great at making all varieties of guest feel comfortable.

Although the Princesses are great, Donald and Chip & Dale are the most consistently great character interactions, IMO, so don't forget about them!

Once our kids grew up, character M & G's just seemed to get awkward.
The only time that wasn't true was the one DVC Moon light Magic we attended and the characters were awesome.

I'm a man in my 30s who goes to Disney alone. I did my first meet and greet with Mickey at Very Merriest last year. It was a little awkward. Then I went to Disneyland and did a meet and greet with Captain Marvel, and it was totally fine. I think I'm better with the characters that can speak because I know what to say and do based on their response.

However, don't be too surprised if the Princess you meet takes a couple seconds to warm up. DS was a CM at DL for a few months and heard some horrendous stories from Princesses about "groping guys". But after just a couple seconds (the Princesses have very fast radar of who's sincere), the Princesses are wonderful.
A few years ago, DH had a lovely chat with Princess Tiana, whom he met on a solo stroll in Epcot.
This^. Remember that the Princesses don't want to have their radar "groping guys" - but its natural for them as people to have that internal reaction of "is this single guy going to be cool?" I've watched them have charming conversations with single guys that were totally appropriate and fun for both. Just do your part - you have a moment to pretend you are in their world, too - make it relevant to their storyline and it will be a blast.

I'm female - and I was a tad nervous about meeting Tarzan one time - (he's shirtless!) - but it turned out to be a brief, but fun conversation and nice photo op. I did watch a couple of drunk 20 year old females harass Gaston one time and it wasn't pretty - he was trying so hard to be polite and get them to move on. He finally had to cut them off a bit out of character quite bluntly. I felt for him because next in line were some tween kids and the girls were over the top inappropriate and their behavior it wasn't lost on anyone close to the front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter