• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meal Questions

We love Cape May breakfast too. Decent food selection, great character interaction. It was the very first character meal we took my oldest to, she's 15 now :)
It's still a favorite of ours. We also enjoyed Ohana, but the food is family style and not buffet. Either one is a fun experience.

It's funny. I had the exact opposite experience. We had waited over 1 hr 20 min for Daisy and Donald to come to our side of the restaurant. Daisy came over, the girls got so excited and she walked right past them to the next table. They called, "Daisy!"

And she turned around and shushed them. I'm sorry my 8, 5 & 4 year old had been waiting so long to see you and you blew right past us like we weren't even there. If they hadn't called Daisy, I'm convinced she would've skipped our table altogether. She and Donald posed for one pic each and scurried along.[/QUOTEs]

Didn't your server/host/hostess explain the character rotation? Every character meal I've been to has had at least one person explain how the characters rotate through the restaurant and your area. Also every server I've ever had has asked if we had seen every character.

We were at the first table in that side of the restaurant. Our server told us that they'd all make their way over during the course of the meal. He did not ask me, but I think he did hear me tell the girls we would have to see Daisy and Donald next time because we wanted to catch Fantasmic so he gave me Fantasmic passes for our party.

ETA we ate at H&V, TH, Akershus, CP, CRT & CM. I don't think one server asked if we saw everyone. But I may not be remembering correctly.

I'm going to jump on the Tusker House bandwagon as well. Here is a bit of my personal advice. We live about 30 minutes away and are frequent visitors. The best time to go is for a very late lunch, just before dinner service starts (the place will be empty and you will almost have to beg the characters to go away) or a late dinner, just before the park closes. We went a couple of weeks ago and had one of the best character interactions. We arrived around 7:30 and the place was packed, but with an hour it was almost empty and my son got to spend quite a bit of time with each character.

It's funny. I had the exact opposite experience. We had waited over 1 hr 20 min for Daisy and Donald to come to our side of the restaurant. Daisy came over, the girls got so excited and she walked right past them to the next table. They called, "Daisy!"

And she turned around and shushed them. I'm sorry my 8, 5 & 4 year old had been waiting so long to see you and you blew right past us like we weren't even there. If they hadn't called Daisy, I'm convinced she would've skipped our table altogether. She and Donald posed for one pic each and scurried along.

So weird! Every Character Meal I have ever gone to, the CMs and the Characters are keeping count and paying attention to who's coming, who's going, which characters have yet to come.... I've even had Handy Manny check on me TWICE as I was alone at the table because my DH had taken DD to the bathroom. Maybe you got a Character who had just come on-shift and thought your table had already been visited?

For Mickey and Friends I would recommend Chef Mickey's. We ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and all three times the food was good. Character interactions are great there as well.

A great non-Mickey meal is Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Very similar menu as Chef Mickey's and character interactions are great there as well.

We had Chef Mickey's breakfast on each of our three trips and have enjoyed all our meals here. On our trip last week the characters actually came around twice. The food on the buffet is replenished often and fresh. It has become our Disney trip tradition and it's great being able to meet the fab five (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald). For other characters besides Mickey and the gang, we ate at Crystal Palace for a pre-park opening breakfast back on our very first Disney trip and liked that as well. It is a beautiful restaurant. If the Winnie the Pooh characters are a must meet I would definitely eat there because their meet and greets in the parks are limited now since they took them out of AK and Epcot. We ate at Hollywood & Vine for the Disney Jr. character lunch/Fantasmic dining pkg last week and that was surprisingly one of the best meals of our trip. They had a good variety of foods like mediterranean pasta, barbecue meatballs, buffalo baked chicken, baked salmon, plantains, shrimp alfredo macaroni, etc. as well as regular chicken wings, nuggets, macaroni and cheese, etc. The character interaction was great here too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter