character meal at chef mickey's-breakfast or dinner??

Lucy6

Mouseketeer
We will be transferring from POFQ to WL mid-trip, and are thinking of having this be a non-park day so we can enjoy WL, head over to FW at night for the campfire. I was thinking this would be a good day to schedule a character meal at Chef Mickey's. Would you recommend breakfast or early dinner at Chef Mickey's for a char. meal and why?? Any advice greatly appreciated!

We always start our trip off with dinner at Chef Mickeys! We will be there Saturday night:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc The napkin twirling always puts my girls in the disney mood.

I haven't had breakfast there but dinner is alot of fun.

Jan

We have done both breakfast and dinner and the interaction is pretty much the same at both. For the price difference I would recommend breakfast. It is a great character experience with or without children. My parents live in FL and love to go there for dinner and watch all of the kids.

We(myself, DH, DS12, DS9 and DD4) will be there again on our Christmas trip this year with my parents and my sister, her husband and my new nephew(7 mos.). It will be great to see his first reaction to the characters!

I think that you will enjoy either one. Also, enjoy the WL and the campfire. We will be at WL as well and are planning on the campfire one night.

Have a great time!!!

We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast last May (my first time at Disney). We loved Chef Mickeys and the breafast bar was great. They had waffles in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head, fresh fruit, and lots of different items for anyone.

We of course had reservations, and I'm glad we had them for pretty early, I think around 7AM. When we got there it was packed, but we got seated pretty quickly. After we were done eating and were leaving, it was a complete madhouse! So if you do breakfast, do an early reservation and make sure you arrive on time so you don't get bumped back.

The only thing my 3 year old was really disappointed- we booked at Chef Mickey's only because Donald Duck was supposed to be there. They do say not all the characters are guaranteed...but he was soooo disapointed about this. They had Chip or Dale in Donald's place. He cried for an hour after we left. Of course it didn't help we did NOT see Donald the whole week at any of the parks, go figure!

I was at Chef Mickey's on October 29. Had a 7:40 pm PS. Wasn't seated until 8:30 pm. My 5 year old was frightened by the characters. The food was good, but my 5 year old ate nothing and my 12 and 14 year olds had a piece of chicken, potatoes and a slice of pizza between them. The bill was over $140.

Chef Mickey's was fine. The kids were unpredictable.

Go to breakfast. I think its cheaper.

Breakfast is cheaper but we had a bill close to $120 too (4 adults two children 3 & 1). The kids didn't eat hardly anything either- too much excitement with the characters and music.

Although we found the character interaction pretty much the same with breakfast and dinner, I prefer the food at breakfast over dinner.

We've been to Chef Mickey's 4 times in the last 3 years and I would say the food is near terrible for the price. The first and second time we went we loved the place but the last time was really bad, the lighting there is very obnoxious and the food seems to have significantly declined in quality. I might try breakfast there since we haven't done that but I think Chef Mickeys is a one time deal, it's nice to experience once but after that the magic wears off.

You might try the character breakfast at O'hanas or try the Hoop-De-Doo at Fort Wilderness.

I prefer a late breakfast. My kids were starving by 10:30 and ate more than me. We had a great time. I've not eaten dinner but during my last stay at CR, it was not appealing.

Would do breakfast...we did a 10:30 last year. It was great. I would do the FW Buffet for dinner...I have heard it is awsome.

If your child is a Donald Duck fan,dont miss Donalds breakfastosaurus in Animal kingdom.Donald is always there.Great breakfast buffet.

Originally posted by crazy4dizney
If your child is a Donald Duck fan,dont miss Donalds breakfastosaurus in Animal kingdom.Donald is always there.Great breakfast buffet.
Thank you for the info! We're going in Feb. and YES, Donald is all he is talking about.

We will defintely go, it's so hard to explain to a 4 year old that his fav character is a no show.

I would definitely do breakfast. We've done both in the last couple of years and our last trip in September we did dinner one night and then breakfast the next morning. We were not terribly impressed with dinner. Though the food was good, it was simply meat and starches. I didn't see a green vegetable on the whole buffet. Now maybe I was looking for something not offered, but I really wanted some green veggies. Their salad bar was good, but without that, I wouldn't have had any veggies at all. Though the food was good, it was every bit heavy with the meat and potatoes, etc.

Breakfast, however, has always been extremely good. Our experience with the characters is the same as everyone else. It's a great place for interaction, etc. But for our money, we won't be doing dinner there again. But we will definitely go back for breakfast - make sure and make a PS though. We were there on a Sunday morning late - right before we left to go home. They were turning people away that didn't have a PS.

Hope you enjoy it!
God bless!
Mark

Donald Duck is at CM for dinner. He poses in the waiting area for pictures. He is replaced by Goofy during breakfast. IMO, I prefer breakfast.

We like the breakfast. We always start our trip with CM. We live close so we drive up early, check in our hotel and off to CM to start our adventure.:wave:

We've done both breakfast and dinner at CM and we prefer the breakfast. It was less expensive, less crowded (we went pretty early though) and the food was better.

And, I recommend a late breakfast (read 'lunch'). We just ate there last Sunday....had an 11AM seating for 15. Here was our plan. Since Sunday is EE at MK, get up, grab a snack (pop-tarts, apple, banana, etc.), head over to MK for some rides on our favorites, and just as the park starts to fill up, walk (or ride the monorail) over to Contemporary. By getting an 11AM seating, you are really having lunch (brunch).

We were definitely filled up enough to carry us to dinner, and, since they stop seating at 11:30, by the time we were done, we had the place (and the characters) almost to ourselves. We took plenty of time to make sure the kids got to interact with all of the characters, and took time to eat. It worked very well for us. After lunch we 'hopped' over to Epcot and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in Futureworld and World Showcase.

We have done both many many times. I think one thing to take into consideration is if you are a morning person. We aren't big breakfast eaters and it is just a typical breakfast to us. However, we LOVE the dinner. They have the best Mashed Potatoes and Prime Rib! I know it is opinion only but we like to go to dinner when they first start at 5:30 then head to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the night. Either you love chef mickeys or hate it, we love it. We have two dinner PS's and one breakfast for December!

Gina::MinnieMo

We enjoyed both, but we liked breakfast better. The food at both was great, and the night we ate dinner there was a night a hurricane was coming (Jeanne), and we rushed through to get back to our resort before the busses quit running. Breakfast just seemed more magical, but I'd do both again!

Steph

Another vote here for dinner. We've done both, and we enjoy both, but for whatever reason the kids seem to be more into seeing the characters in the late afternoon/evening than in the morning. I like the food at both, and the kids are really into the dessert bar at dinner.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but my family leans toward dinner.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter