Changing date of cruise after final payment

Just shortly, with the Disney insurance you have to put in a claim and have it denied. If the claim is denied, you won't get your money back, but you'll get cruise credit. Someone else may know how long it would take to get confirmation of the denial that you can present to DCL.

Thank you tdc and clten! Do you know where I can find that in writing? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

We have been on three DCL cruises, and each one I have booked a future cruise and ended up cancelling it due to indecisiveness. The cruises we have been on have been booked last minute. My life is too crazy too pay off something three months in advance and have it be non-refundable. We cruise during off season so the price is usually stable or sometime decreased at last minute. I have no advice, but I feel for you. It reaffirms my decision to always book last minute.

I'm about a month out from our PIF date. Still no word from the company. Rumors are that I would go to class around July 17th which means I would finish school around September 1st. If that's the case I might still be ok to take the cruise.

Finally found the language I was looking for. It's not in the contact itself, it's on the vacation protection plan website: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/booking-reservations/travel-insurance/

"If you purchase the Vacation Protection Plan and cancel your vacation for any reason not covered by the insurance plan, Disney Cruise Line will credit 100% of the non-refundable cancellation fee toward a future Disney Cruise Line vacation."

So it looks like we can hang on to our reservation until it looks like there is absolutely no chance that we could make the trip. Then cancel... and then what is the process?

Call Disney and cancel the cruise -- will they help us to submit a claim?

Then they deny the claim so we call DCL back and tell them, "hey, the claim was denied. Can we reschedule for a later date?"

Pick a later date and everything we have paid (less the insurance) is applied to the new booking?

I would move the cruise to January and if you don't get hired move it back to Oct. I don't think the price will go up that much since it's off season. The chances of them offering VGT rates in October are pretty good. You may end up paying less if you just wait. Why stress yourself out over cancellation fees. Good luck on the job.

I would move the cruise to January and if you don't get hired move it back to Oct. I don't think the price will go up that much since it's off season. The chances of them offering VGT rates in October are pretty good. You may end up paying less if you just wait. Why stress yourself out over cancellation fees. Good luck on the job.

I would do that, but we have the exact cabin we wanted - same cabin we had on our 10th wedding anniversary.

Think we will take the chance.

I'm about a month out from our PIF date. Still no word from the company. Rumors are that I would go to class around July 17th which means I would finish school around September 1st. If that's the case I might still be ok to take the cruise.

Finally found the language I was looking for. It's not in the contact itself, it's on the vacation protection plan website: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/booking-reservations/travel-insurance/

"If you purchase the Vacation Protection Plan and cancel your vacation for any reason not covered by the insurance plan, Disney Cruise Line will credit 100% of the non-refundable cancellation fee toward a future Disney Cruise Line vacation."

So it looks like we can hang on to our reservation until it looks like there is absolutely no chance that we could make the trip. Then cancel... and then what is the process?

Call Disney and cancel the cruise -- will they help us to submit a claim?

Then they deny the claim so we call DCL back and tell them, "hey, the claim was denied. Can we reschedule for a later date?"

Pick a later date and everything we have paid (less the insurance) is applied to the new booking?

They'll tell you how to submit the claim - you should be able to do it through the Internet. The claim will be denied. You then call DCL and explain what happened, send them the documentation, and they'll credit it to you. You can then apply the credit to a future cruise.

It takes a while for the entire process to happen, but it works and it's the reason that I always get DCL insurance.

When you interview let them know that you have a cruise that has been planned and paid in full. Most places are understanding. I know I have two trips planned later this year, as well as a trip to Texas for my SIL's basic training graduation. I interviewed for my job on Sunday, was asked if I had any questions and I mentioned these items... two of them I have dates for, the other I do not have a date for as of yet as we are not sure when he is leaving for basic yet. I was called Monday for second interview with the owner, at the end of the interview I again reiterated and she stated this is not a problem, they understand that people have lives, and plans. And that these plans were made before the job came up.

I would be careful doing this in a competitive job market. I would not hire someone if they are telling me they are taking a vacation before they are hired. There are ten more people behind them not telling me they are taking a couple of trips.

I would be careful doing this in a competitive job market. I would not hire someone if they are telling me they are taking a vacation before they are hired. There are ten more people behind them not telling me they are taking a couple of trips.

yeah, I agree. I'm not going to take any chances with that. If I decide to take the job (not even sure if i'll take it yet if it is offered) we'll just reschedule the trip.

yeah, I agree. I'm not going to take any chances with that. If I decide to take the job (not even sure if i'll take it yet if it is offered) we'll just reschedule the trip.

I was hired last year a month before our WDW vacation. I trained for two weeks and then took the vacation. My company was understanding.

We are going through a similar situation right now. We have just past our PIF date and now something has popped up that may or may not happen. So we might have to delay our cruise. Can I add insurance now? I am in the 45-75 day window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter