Changes to Land Border Entry for Canadians with Positive Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you?Others are allowed to post their opinions,but i oppose the "click' and get ganged up on because i don't want to do or allow what's easiest for people that don't want to be responsible.We're all tired of the pandemic and maybe if ALL we ddoing their part,it would be easier now;instead we're spinning in circles.
I respect the rules,here and elsewhere.If someone gets to express their beliefs,why can't i?because you don't agree?If it wasn't said in the first place,i wouldn't have felt to respond.
unfortunately on this particular social media platform, no we can't express our personal opinions. The moderators have specifically told the entire community that discussions about COVID-19 are essentially to stop completely. We've had numerous threads locked in the past week and they've only agreed to leave a few open if they stick solely to the official statements that directly involve our ability to travel. This specific topic is obviously hard due to the fact that it isn't clear. But we need to avoid discussing the whys, the personal viewpoints, what any of us consider the ethics behind this policy and stick solely to what the statement is and how anyone has experienced actually dealing with it.

sorry if I've offended anyone and I wasn't trying to centre either of you out!!

can you?Others are allowed to post their opinions,but i oppose the "click' and get ganged up on because i don't want to do or allow what's easiest for people that don't want to be responsible.We're all tired of the pandemic and maybe if ALL we ddoing their part,it would be easier now;instead we're spinning in circles.

Actually according to the guidelines we aren’t allowed to post out opinions. And you took way further and got rather offensive and insulting. It’s because of posts like yours that our threads keep getting shut down.

My last thing to say on this topic. While it's not clear if they will fine you or not, the rule itself is clear. I will say this is the only forum I am a part of that is even talking about this.

Getting back to the facts:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/citizen-symptoms
Travel.gc.ca

If Canadians do plan on traveling, read thoroughly the link about coming back. Be prepared to pay to quarantine in the US/foreign country Ahead of time or pay the fine (Before leaving the country/include it in your vacation cost) If the amount of the fine or amount it would cost to quarantine is too astronomical for you/your family to consider “if” someone turns out positive- reschedule your trip When the restrictions are lifted. If the costs are okay- then travel. If you are negative going back-awesome- you have extra money. If positive- well- at least you budgeted for it beforehand.
The govt. has posted the guidelines it will be following for now about not letting Covid positives back into Canada until after quarantining.

I just wish the "may" could be a clear "will." I don't mind risking the chance of testing positive, what I don't like is that the chance of being fined rests on someones goodwill that day. If the traveler in front of me was a complete jerk or the cbsa has a personal feeling about travel right now as I've experienced before. It should be cut and dry.

I just wish the "may" could be a clear "will." I don't mind risking the chance of testing positive, what I don't like is that the chance of being fined rests on someones goodwill that day. If the traveler in front of me was a complete jerk or the cbsa has a personal feeling about travel right now as I've experienced before. It should be cut and dry.
They have always used that language for most laws. If you read the post above yours, it does say to be prepared to pay the fine if you have a positive test coming back into Canada.

They have always used that language for most laws. If you read the post above yours, it does say to be prepared to pay the fine if you have a positive test coming back into Canada.
Being that there is enough uncertainty with Covid clear language would still be appreciated in this case regardless of what has "always" been done before.

ETA: Other laws also aren't usually enforced by a person's opinion on things.

We get our first warning in the Canadian section about obeying the rules and this thread blows up right after. Let's try to be respectful everyone and hopefully we'll have clarity on the rule pertaining to driving across soon.

I know many people do not have access to PCR tests right now and cannot confirm positive antigen results they have at home. This could be problematic if they travel. Hopefully this will be addressed in the coming weeks by the government as March break will likely have a lot of families travelling this year.

We get our first warning in the Canadian section about obeying the rules and this thread blows up right after. Let's try to be respectful everyone and hopefully we'll have clarity on the rule pertaining to driving across soon.

I know many people do not have access to PCR tests right now and cannot confirm positive antigen results they have at home. This could be problematic if they travel. Hopefully this will be addressed in the coming weeks by the government as March break will likely have a lot of families travelling this year.
It seems to me, that that is what they are trying to stop. It was always a risk by airplane, and now same if you try to drive across. And with omnicron, it's more likely to get a positive. We were ok to risk getting sick as we are all vaccinated and adults boosted...and would have had no issue being quarantined at home, but not with the fine.

The sad thing is we were looking at other options in Canada for March break and so far have come up with nothing. All the resort type places are either winter stuff, and March weather can start to warm up so doesn't work...or spring stuff which also isn't quite there in March. And of course, if we venture outside of Ontario, it all depends on what is open.

I agree - I think the rules are intended to discourage travel, and even if they’re not, I think that clarifying things or easing regulations to enable international travel is pretty low on the government’s list of priorities, as it should be (even though it pains me to say that)! And it’s true that there will likely be tens of thousands of people who want to travel for March Break who won’t have an official PCR test to prove prior infection. That’s why we decided to pay for our own - it wasn’t cheap but it’s worth it for the peace of mind. If the government relaxes regulations so that international travel is possible without it, great. But we didn't want to risk planning a trip, getting our hopes up and then having a residual positive test sidelining the whole thing right before departure.

We are going to try for universal in October. Assuming restrictions are the same, we'll drive to Minneapolis and fly from there so no need to test before. PCR test before flight back to Minneapolis. I'll pay for a test before the flight back in order to have peace of mind re getting results back in time. There is a paid testing site in walking distance of Universal. If restrictions become less onerous or are lifted, awesome sauce. If there is a new variant spike or restrictions get worse, we'll cancel again. 2023 will be fine, right?

I agree - I think the rules are intended to discourage travel, and even if they’re not, I think that clarifying things or easing regulations to enable international travel is pretty low on the government’s list of priorities, as it should be (even though it pains me to say that)! And it’s true that there will likely be tens of thousands of people who want to travel for March Break who won’t have an official PCR test to prove prior infection. That’s why we decided to pay for our own - it wasn’t cheap but it’s worth it for the peace of mind. If the government relaxes regulations so that international travel is possible without it, great. But we didn't want to risk planning a trip, getting our hopes up and then having a residual positive test sidelining the whole thing right before departure.

I saw your previous post and will arrange paid PCR tests if we test positive on Antigen. DW is a teacher and has to eat in the classroom with the students. DD is in Kindergarten and unvaxxed (4 years old). DS is 8 but fully vaxxed. I figure one of them is going to catch it and bring it home from school unfortunately. At least we'll be able to travel easier after.

I saw your previous post and will arrange paid PCR tests if we test positive on Antigen. DW is a teacher and has to eat in the classroom with the students. DD is in Kindergarten and unvaxxed (4 years old). DS is 8 but fully vaxxed. I figure one of them is going to catch it and bring it home from school unfortunately. At least we'll be able to travel easier after.

The fact that there are 4 year olds in schools that are not yet eligible for vaccinations has basically been ignored. It is really troubling for those parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter