Changes to Disability Access Service - DAS Advance Video Chat + book 2 rides per day in advance & book return times in MDE - all available NOW!

For DAS advanced reservations, how far out can you book them? I’ve heard 30 days but if you are booked onsite for a week, do you have to wait until that whole week is within 30 days or 30 days from your check-in date?

You need to wait until all your days are within the 30 day. You can register for DAS before that, but could not get DAS Advance Selections for any days that are outside of the 30 days.

This is copied from the Disney website DAS page on This page
Important Pre-Registration and DAS Advance Planning Update
Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after November 1, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. Learn more about planning with DAS Advance.

I have been on hold for 5 hours and got disconnected. (I understand the long wait times, thats not the issue here). I re-joined the queue, but wanted to call and ask a quick question. I called the disability number, and I was told that I could make my ADVANCED ride reservations in the park at guest services. I told him I am an AP, and have 1-2 trips with my BF coming up (not important we are APs who usually go last min depending on how I feel, so idk how much ill use advanced selections w/him anyway), as well as a trip with my cousin coming up Dec 2nd (very important to me, she's only coming 3 days form out of state, first ever girls trip, im 34.. LOL). He told me I could wait until I was in the park on Thursday to make my ADVANCED ride reservations for THAT same day with my boyfriend, and then I can also schedule the ones for my trip with my cousin also in person at the same time. This is posted no where on anything I have read about the advanced DAS. I repeated the word advanced multiple times just to be sure. Does anyone know if this is true or had any experience with this? I even said to the CM on the phone it specifically says the advanced ride selections have to be made at least 2 days before hand, and he said only if your doing the chat online. I don't know what to think here. I also don't want to wait until I get to the park on Thursday and have them say, that's not true at all you can only do it online, and then I maybe have an issue getting a certain ride. Any help would be appreciated!!

I have been on hold for 5 hours and got disconnected. (I understand the long wait times, thats not the issue here). I re-joined the queue, but wanted to call and ask a quick question. I called the disability number, and I was told that I could make my ADVANCED ride reservations in the park at guest services. I told him I am an AP, and have 1-2 trips with my BF coming up (not important we are APs who usually go last min depending on how I feel, so idk how much ill use advanced selections w/him anyway), as well as a trip with my cousin coming up Dec 2nd (very important to me, she's only coming 3 days form out of state, first ever girls trip, im 34.. LOL). He told me I could wait until I was in the park on Thursday to make my ADVANCED ride reservations for THAT same day with my boyfriend, and then I can also schedule the ones for my trip with my cousin also in person at the same time. This is posted no where on anything I have read about the advanced DAS. I repeated the word advanced multiple times just to be sure. Does anyone know if this is true or had any experience with this? I even said to the CM on the phone it specifically says the advanced ride selections have to be made at least 2 days before hand, and he said only if your doing the chat online. I don't know what to think here. I also don't want to wait until I get to the park on Thursday and have them say, that's not true at all you can only do it online, and then I maybe have an issue getting a certain ride. Any help would be appreciated!!
I think he’s wrong.
Everything online says the DAS Advance Selections must be made at least 2 days ahead and are only available in connection with doing the DAS video chat registration.
I have not heard of anyone else saying they were told that or had done that.
We were at Epcot to register DD for DAS on October 26. The CM who helped us seemed very knowledgeable about DAS and the DAS registration video chat. She told us DD’s DAS expired Dec. 24 and suggested if our next trip was after that, we could use the chat and would be able to get the DAS Advance Selections at the time of chat.
Right now, they have been allowing people to call back after doing the DAS registration video chat and get DAS Advance Selections for days more than 30 days in the future. My GUESS is that won’t continue.
After they changed the date to call to November 1 or after, the WDW website DAS information was updated to say:
»During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. »

Link to WDW website DAS information

I think he’s wrong.
Everything online says the DAS Advance Selections must be made at least 2 days ahead and are only available in connection with doing the DAS video chat registration.
I have not heard of anyone else saying they were told that or had done that.
We were at Epcot to register DD for DAS on October 26. The CM who helped us seemed very knowledgeable about DAS and the DAS registration video chat. She told us DD’s DAS expired Dec. 24 and suggested if our next trip was after that, we could use the chat and would be able to get the DAS Advance Selections at the time of chat.
Right now, they have been allowing people to call back after doing the DAS registration video chat and get DAS Advance Selections for days more than 30 days in the future. My GUESS is that won’t continue.
After they changed the date to call to November 1 or after, the WDW website DAS information was updated to say:
»During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. »

Link to WDW website DAS information

See this is why Im confused. The CM on the phone was saying a lot of things that I didn't think were accurate. The one thing I don't get is why it matters where you register for your DAS. He said I could re-register for DAS in the park, and then make my Advance selections either in the park, or online. They way you worded it makes it seem like you were told if you don't register online, and you do so in the park, you cant make any advanced rides for 60 days. That doesn't make much sense either. (not you.. lol Disney). I feel bad calling back, but I dont know the accurate information, and I've now been on hold for video chat since 10am. Thanks for your input!

See this is why Im confused. The CM on the phone was saying a lot of things that I didn't think were accurate. The one thing I don't get is why it matters where you register for your DAS. He said I could re-register for DAS in the park, and then make my Advance selections either in the park, or online. They way you worded it makes it seem like you were told if you don't register online, and you do so in the park, you cant make any advanced rides for 60 days. That doesn't make much sense either. (not you.. lol Disney). I feel bad calling back, but I dont know the accurate information, and I've now been on hold for video chat since 10am. Thanks for your input!
I think the guy you talked to was either confusing DAS Return Times with DAS Advance Selections or wasn‘t confused, but just was not explaining well.

The DAS Advance Selections are an incentive for doing the video DAS chat registration. Everything on the Disney website from the first information about DAS changes has said the DAS Advance Selections have to be made with the video chat between 2 and 30 days before the park visit. From what I’ve heard, the DAS Advance Selections are not even able to be changed after 2 days before the visit. So, it doesn’t make sense that they could be made on the day of visit.
The 60 days is how long the DAS is valid for once you are registered; guests don’t re-register while the DAS is valid.

This screenshot is from a question on the Disney Guests with Disabilities page. It is consistent with the other DAS information on the website.

It talks about doing the DAS Advance Selections during the video chat registration and DAS Return Times on the day of visit.

34CCEC35-DE77-4DDB-B21D-2A02AE35D354.jpeg

The DAS Advance Selections have a beginning time and a one hour window to use them.
DAS Return Times can be made at the attraction, Guest Relations, one of the blue Guest Experience umbrellas or using the My Disney Experience app. DAS Return Times are active until used, cancelled/changed by the user or until the attraction or park changes for the day.

Last edited:

When I had a ton of problems with getting the right CM to make my Advanced Selections the 2nd time around, I was told by multiple people I could do it in person - and when I emailed the Disability email address and complained that it took so long, they also responded and said I could make the selections in person.

There is definitely nothing documented about that, but perhaps because of all of the issues they are making temporary exceptions for this? You may want to call Disability back and if you get the same answer ask for a Case number to identify that is what you were told OR email them and get it in writing that you can do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter