Changes to Disability Access Service - DAS Advance Video Chat + book 2 rides per day in advance & book return times in MDE - all available NOW!

That's been my experience as well. I use a very small power chair and have no problem in most lines. The park with the most accessibility issues is definitely MK - between queues and the layout of QS restaurants, it can be a bit difficult. Also SWGE is surprisingly difficult to navigate given that, unlike MK, it wasn't built in the 70s.

we made the mistake of going to DHS on 5/4 and it was such a pain trying to get through because they had certain areas as one way due to special merchandise lines. Definitely not easily accessible.

Its been reported that the new DAS system where you can select return times from MDE will also launch 10/19/21 at the same time as Genie, Genie+ and ILL$. Additionally setting up video chat with Disney for DAS Advance will be done via the MDE app too. Will add more details as I find them and will update the first post.
There are various rumors out regarding when the DAS changes will roll out.
I‘ve seen reports in various forums and blogs that DAS changes will roll out anywhere from 10/19/21 to right after the New Year. Many gave specific dates they said were obtained from on site or phone CMs.

DAS Return Times will reportedly be made in a different part of the My Disney Experience App than Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections. So, they may not be connected that much to the Genie rolll out.

Setting up the live video chat was rumored pretty early on to be a dedicated link in the MDE app. So, I consider that likely a confirmed rumor.

I have been checking the link from the WDW website to their DAS information a couple times a day to see if they have added a ‘go live’ date. There have been a few minor changes to the text, but no date yet.

I stll would be nice if they put out a date DAS even if its going to change. Better to give people a time frame to give hope.

Tried to get through last night. 2.5 hrs, then it said they were done at night. Trying again now right at 7 am. Waiting for cast member. Seems like this is going to be a disaster

Almost 4.5 hrs of waiting for chat and get message that it’s popular and if not trip soon (can only do before 30 days). To try another day or continue to wait. Wth.

Almost 4.5 hrs of waiting for chat and get message that it’s popular and if not trip soon (can only do before 30 days). To try another day or continue to wait. Wth.

Yup got the same message, been waiting since 7:03am, so almost 5 hours now.

"Thank you for contacting us to pre-register for the Disability Access Service. It is our pleasure to assist. Due to the popularity of the new video chat registration we are experiencing especially high wait times. If you are arriving soon and would like to pre-register, please continue to wait and stay close to your browser until connected with a Cast Member. If you are not arriving soon, we encourage you to try again closer to your arrival date as we value your time."

Ugh. I am SO not surprised at the long waits for roll out registration. My 18 year old is the DAS holder; and is out of state at college. There is NO way she will be able to sit on hold for hours to register - hope they have this figured out in the next few weeks before our window opens. Sigh.

Ugh. I am SO not surprised at the long waits for roll out registration. My 18 year old is the DAS holder; and is out of state at college. There is NO way she will be able to sit on hold for hours to register - hope they have this figured out in the next few weeks before our window opens. Sigh.
My guess is that Disney didn’t make an official announcement because they were hoping smaller numbers of people would find out about it and they could have a ‘soft’ opening.
Unfortunately, within minutes of the link going live, it was all over the internet and they ended up with a flood.
And, also unfortunately, people with trips coming up soon are competing on the phone with people whose trip is much farther out.

I finally got through after waiting 6 hours and 36 minutes, (7:03am until 1:39pm). I updated the first post with my experience doing the video chat.

One important note, there is no 30 days + resort stay for booking the DAS pre-selections. It is strictly 30 days max for each park day you want to make DAS pre-selections. So I was unable to book a few days of my DAS pre-selections and have to contact them again in a few days to make the rest of the selections.

One important note, there is no 30 days + resort stay for booking the DAS pre-selections. It is strictly 30 days max for each park day you want to make DAS pre-selections. So I was unable to book a few days of my DAS pre-selections and have to contact them again in a few days to make the rest of the selections.
This is good to know. I will be sure and hold off on contacting Disney for our trip next summer until 30 days from the end of the trip 🙂.

I finally got through after waiting 6 hours and 36 minutes, (7:03am until 1:39pm). I updated the first post with my experience doing the video chat.

I didn't realize you make the pre-selections while on the phone with them. I figured it was an option on the Genie app, wherever you'd make your DAS selections during your park visit.

I didn't realize you make the pre-selections while on the phone with them. I figured it was an option on the Genie app, wherever you'd make your DAS selections during your park visit.

Yeah and you can't alter or change any of the DAS Advance Selections that show up in MDE, they show up with the time for planning purposes - but you can't modify them or anything like that. I hope over time they'll be able to do that in the app or website, since it would significantly reduce the time you're on video chat for DAS Advance and it would make it a lot easier to book it yourself and also be able to change it.

Yeah and you can't alter or change any of the DAS Advance Selections that show up in MDE, they show up with the time for planning purposes - but you can't modify them or anything like that. I hope over time they'll be able to do that in the app or website, since it would significantly reduce the time you're on video chat for DAS Advance and it would make it a lot easier to book it yourself and also be able to change it.
Just my opinion; I don’t expect any changes to the DAS Advance Selections in terms of editing or altering.

My mom was on hold 2 hours before being disconnected and told to try again tomorrow due to high volume. She was stunned! They have already stopped taking calls for tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter