Celebrities you dislike/hate

Not in the least interesting. There's only one person in this thread who is REALLY worked up and we all know who it is. I didn't single out any of those who agreed with her because they didn't provide a reason. As I just posted in my edit (which you JUST missed in your quote), I'm not sure why she was INITIALLY singled out, and I thought that was a bit uncalled for. But, her response (and subsequent responses) proved the calling out opinion to be correct.

Well I used interesting because the correct term is a rather harsh one. The fact is those singling her out are doing precisely the things they're pointing the finger at her for. I'll use the term interesting again.

Last edited:
The time and place for Nugent is on MSNBC. Lock up Raw.

As for U2, they've been political their entire career. War, their first true big hit album was totally political. You know what you get with U2 and have for over 30 years.
By the way, Bush met with Bono and started a President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief. Bono is to receive the GWBush medal for Distinguished leadership. So the poster can go back to liking U2 again.

I'm fully aware U2 has always been political. I just wasn't aware they were disrespectful in concert since Bono has always been quite the opposite in interviews that I've seen. I'm also aware Bono worked quite a lot with the Bush II administration and that he's had many, many very positive things to say about the experience, as well as about the people with whom he worked.

The fact is one poster is being singled out because she disagrees with them. And those singling her out are doing precisely the things they're accusing her of.

She got singled out INITIALLY for her list, and that was wrong. The rest is all on her.

Meryl Streep always comes off unlikeable on screen, even if her character isn't necessarily a "bad" person. So, she's the first to come to mind.

Nathan Lane is another I just can't watch.

Rosie O'Donnell is one on which I'm torn. She can be very annoying, but at times very entertaining.

I like Meryl Streep (love love LOVE Mamma Mia!). But my mom feels the same way you do about her. For her it is that the first time she saw Meryl was in Kramer vs Kramer. She could never get over her playing a mother who abandons her child...well, I guess that's a testament on how good an actress she is! :laughing:

Not that I agree with all of them (or most of them), but people are people. If someone is handed celebrity status and a platform then they should use it. No different than us normal people using the internet, friendships or jobs to express ourselves.

I wonder how people would feel if they were told to stick to being a house wife, banker, receptionist, IT person or plumber rather than discuss their views and thoughts with people in their circle, Facebook or the internet. We want them to essentially be our slaves of entertainment; it's disgusting.

I wish I could like this more than once! Why is it OK for us to express our views, post them on the internet, try to get them published in letters to the editor, etc. but celebrities are supposed to just shut up abot their believes and causes they are passionate about? They have the same right to express themselves as anyone else does!

I hate Streep's politics but I despise more the lies she spread about Walt Disney.
When I first saw the title of this thread yesterday I knew instantly that I would not have anything to post. I've been reading this thread for nothing more than it's entertainment value. However, your post about Streep's comments about Walt Disney grabbed my attention. A quick Google search turned up a transcript of her speech at the National Board of Review in 2014.

My reaction after reading it: I never quite understood what the big fuss over her, as an actress, was all about......and now I am no longer motivated to find out.

Not in the least interesting. There's only one person in this thread who is REALLY worked up and we all know who it is. I didn't single out any of those who agreed with her because they didn't provide a reason. As I just posted in my edit (which you JUST missed in your quote), I'm not sure why she was INITIALLY singled out, and I thought that was a bit uncalled for. But, her response (and subsequent responses) proved the calling out opinion to be correct.

She was attacked, she was told she had hate for anyone who had a different POV She was told she was prejudiced and intolerant. All this without provocation. Don't you think she has a right to respond when she's being attacked?

The time and place for Nugent is on MSNBC. Lock up Raw.

As for U2, they've been political their entire career. War, their first true big hit album was totally political. You know what you get with U2 and have for over 30 years.
By the way, Bush met with Bono and started a President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief. Bono is to receive the GWBush medal for Distinguished leadership. So the poster can go back to liking U2 again.

I've been a fan since War. I understand they are political. My problem was and is preaching for half of a concert about how horrible people are while you are talking about love and don't hate. I know that bono was just with GWB at his ranch. I admire all the work he's done for aids research, my phone is a red iPhone for a reason. Don't judge just because I happened to be turned off by what happened at a concert in 2005 when Bono had just met with GWB about AIDS research and then went on to completely bash him even though he was just promised tons of money. Quite honestly, the Elevation tour was my favorite concert, all they did was sing. It was amazing almost
2 1/2 hours.

Just because I don't want to listen to political crap after I've stood for hours doesn't mean I'm not a fan or won't continue to buy and listen to their music. It just means I have learned my lesson that their concerts aren't for me, as all I want is to listen to their songs live.

She was attacked, she was told she had hate for anyone who had a different POV She was told she was prejudiced and intolerant. All this without provocation. Don't you think she has a right to respond when she's being attacked?
Oh please. She put that list out there as bait and got exactly what she was after. Even admitted it:

Meh, with everybody sharing their vibrant hate for those who share my values, I thought I'd test the waters a little bit...And got exactly the kind of reply I expected.

Last edited:
I like Meryl Streep (love love LOVE Mamma Mia!). But my mom feels the same way you do about her. For her it is that the first time she saw Meryl was in Kramer vs Kramer. She could never get over her playing a mother who abandons her child...well, I guess that's a testament on how good an actress she is! :laughing:

Yes! I think your mom & I found the same trigger. LOL. That said, I thought she was awesome in Silkwood. But, in every other role, I just picture her as the mom in Kramer vs Kramer or the girlfriend in The Deer Hunter.

Oh, I definitely think she was attacked. I was actually prepared to come to her defense after the first comment. But, her response to the attack was already out there, and I pretty much lost all sympathy. When I saw her list, I never assumed it was provocation for a fight. But as it turns out, it was.

My list: (just a few, I can't list them all)

Dislike: Kelly Ripa, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bill Maher

Despise: trump, his wife and his three oldest children, Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, Mel Gibson, Susan Sarandon

How does Ted Nugget get on a "celebrity" list? He is nothing but a gross and disgusting...I won't even type the rest. Do you know what he did yo avoid being drafted? It is truly vomit inducing. :crazy2:

I used to like Julia Roberts until her Oscar speech. Holy smokes, does she ever think a lot of herself!

As for Nugent, nobody has ever verified that draft dodging story, nor disproved it. He told a story to High Times then later said he made it up as a joke. And nobody who was around him at the time of his physical has said which version was true.

That incident aside, he most definitely moved a 17 year old girlfriend into his house when he was 30, and he's certainly said WAY more than his share of incendiary things. So, any of the millions who dislike him have plenty of legitimate reasons.

For me, he's another one like Rosie. I like his music, we line up politically on one very specific topic that's importsnt to me, and he CAN be quite articulate and entertaining to listen to. He's a huge backer of organic food and is anti-drug. And he does a tremendous amount of charity & conservation work. But, the longer he talks, you just know the point is coming where he's going to say something truly jaw-droppingly disgusting. He just can't help himself, and he often makes one wish he were on the "other side".

As for his celebrity status, he's been in the public eye for 50 years. Pretty much the definition of celebrity.

Drew Carey is pretty political, but you don't hear it on Price Is Right.
So spaying/neutering your pet isn't political? j/k :D
A song about getting drunk on cuervo is hardly a refuge from songs about getting drink on beer.
Person I quoted didn't indicate drunk, just beer. Had they referred to drunk, clearly I wouldn't have included, "Ten Rounds..." in my examples.

I used to like Julia Roberts until her Oscar speech. Holy smokes, does she ever think a lot of herself!

Also when Denzel Washington won his Oscar, she acted like he won because of her, and the award was all about her. Poor guy couldn't even enjoy his moment on stage alone. She's also overrated as an actress.

As for Nugent, nobody has ever verified that draft dodging story, nor disproved it. He told a story to High Times then later said he made it up as a joke. And nobody who was around him at the time of his physical has said which version was true.

I think he backtracked because of the reaction he was getting. Did he mention how he managed to avoid the draft?

That incident aside, he most definitely moved a 17 year old girlfriend into his house when he was 30, and he's certainly said WAY more than his share of incendiary things. So, any of the millions who dislike him have plenty of legitimate reasons.

Gross and disgusting perverted criminal

As for his celebrity status, he's been in the public eye for 50 years. Pretty much the definition of celebrity.

He became famous fifty years ago. When was the last time he scored a hit on the music charts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter