Celebrities you dislike/hate

All the hags on The View but especially Whoopi Goldberg (Disney Legend, right!) and the Queen of Hate Joy Behar.

I still love Whoopi. She will always be Guinan on Star Trek to me! But I have felt like Joy was kind of stuck in a mean streak lately.

Taylor Swift received criticism for NOT coming out & endorsing a presidential candidate, &, while I don't like everything about her, I respect her more for not getting political.

I do think that's a very mature thing to do, but I don't like her new song at all. She kind of confuses me.

My addition is Jim Carey - but his movies, not him personally!! They're just "too much" for me somehow. (I know nothing about him in real life, however.)

Actually, this thread is making me realize I know very little about most celebrities!!

I did, or at least I tried to. I'm sorry that you didn't understand that. See below:

Although I also explain why I do think some of the people on my list are not good actors and merely get roles because they appeal to certain demographics:

But yes, to be clear, I don't like the values of the people on my list. I also don't like the values of Vince Vaughan and Clint Eastwood and many others, but I do like them as actors. That is why they were not on my list.

And although you are taking my listing of well-educated celebrities out of context (I was refuting the statement that most politically active celebrities are uneducated, but I think you knew that), you're entitled to any size pulpit you can achieve, both by virtue of your alma mater and by being an amazingly prolific poster on a Disney message board. I'll be honest and say that I think you are less relevant to most Americans than Stephen Colbert, despite your having attended the same very good school, but if you want a bigger pulpit, I strongly encourage you to go for it and use your college and anything else you can to help you achieve it!
Oh, I'm fully aware that you were trying to justify how you were not being hypocritical while accusing others of the same. I just didn't buy it.

Anybody Kardashian
Unfortunately you cannot avoid it as it's in your face all the time. It saddens me that these people who wear 5 layers of makeup, had multiple plastic surgeries, get attention for walking around half naked or constantly pose half or completely naked, and are so fake can be role models for people today.

There are many here who who are painting with broad strokes, 'dislikeing' anyone who might have a point of view that differs from theirs.

It is clear that MANY comments here are very very political.

I don't necessarily dislike a so-called celebrity just because their POV does not match mine. (call me a liar if you like... whatever....)

The one specific example that I did give (Kelly Ripa) was totally NON political POV related.

I do 'dislike' so called celebrities who would use their so-called celebrity status to throw out negativity, hate, and division. (constant bashing) This includes a dislike for any 'celebrity' who uses their status to force an unwelcomed pushing of their (very political) point-of-view on captive audiences, in non-political settings/events.

HUGE difference there.
If some of you guys don't really get that, then well, so be it.
Hate away....

Last edited:
U2 is huge on my list. I am and always have been a huge fan, but in 2005 I went to a concert and they were so nasty about George W Bush. Granted I didn't always agree or disagree, but all I wanted them to do was shut up and sing. I don't pay $$$ to listen to you be nasty

The funny thing is the best concert I have ever been to is Elton John with just his piano in Las Vegas, he just sang for almost three hours. perfect.

This..... EXACTLY!!!!

If celebrities want to run for office, go ahead use your platform to campaign. If you aren't running for any office, please shut up and stick to entertaining.
Speaking out at a political rally is A OK, but when you do it at a show that people paid to go to see you entertain them, that just isn't cool.

Thanks for assigning your values to my dislike, but no, I don't like Patricia Heaton because she's not a good actress. She, like Tim Allen, has just one persona and it's a whiny, shrill, overwhelmed wife and I'm really tired of that cliche. I've tried to watch that show The Middle and the entire cast is like watching a high school drama class do a script reading of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Most of them cannot act at all and have no affect whatsoever. They just speak their lines loudly with no modulation, except the daughter who tries to turn everything into a pathetic pratfall. The whole show just bugs me, but particularly her character (and she was just as bad on Everybody Loves Raymond).

I think she keeps getting work BECAUSE her positions appeal to certain audiences, the same way most of the pseudo-celebrities on my list do.

She gets work because many of us love her in those roles :).

Oh, I'm fully aware that you were trying to justify how you were not being hypocritical while accusing others of the same. I just didn't buy it.

:confused3 I'm genuinely confused. I own my opinions and stand behind them on this thread while others hide theirs behind broad pronouncements they don't really believe (the actually hypocritical posts of "I don't like celebrities who take stands" that then list the same dog whistle names again and again, omitting others who are just as loud from different perspectives). So I may be annoying you, and I am definitely many things, but I'm not trying to justify anything.

Would it have helped if I'd listed some liberal and apolitical celebrities I don't like because they are also not good actors (just like all the names I listed in my original post)? In that case, I don't like Kevin Costner, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Jerry Stiller, because all are one trick ponies with no range or depth beyond their stock personae.

There are many here who who are painting with broad strokes, 'dislikeing' anyone who might have a point of view that differs from theirs.

It is clear that MANY comments here are very very political.

I don't necessarily dislike a so-called celebrity just because their POV does not match mine. (call me a liar... but whatever....)
I do 'dislike' so called celebrities who would use their so-called celebrity status to throw out negativity, hate, division, and unwelcomed forcing of their point-of-view on captive audiences.

HUGE difference there.
If some of you guys don't really get that, then well, so be it.
Hate away....

Well, if celebrities are taking captives, that's a bigger issue. You should definitely call the police the next time you see a celebrity take hostages.

Aside from that, actually including that, I have no idea what you're trying to convey and don't have the time or energy to try to unravel it, so TTFN! :tigger:

Like it or not, celebrities have a platform beyond performing. People are interested in their personal lives and that's why they are interviewed for magazines, on television, etc. So if they want to share their personal beliefs, they can. People can either listen or not, care or not.

Why is it upstanding when Patricia Heaton "speaks her faith", yet other celebrities shouldn't speak for what they believe in? She definitely uses her platform to advocate her political beliefs.

Time & place. When I turn on The Middle,
I don't get a pro-life lecture. When I go see U2 or Ted Nugent in concert, I shouldn't be subjected to their political rants, but obviously that wouldn't be the case. If I turn on Oprah while she's interviewing Bono, or I tune into Nugent's hunting/shooting show, I should EXPECT to hear their political leanings. Different situation. Drew Carey is pretty political, but you don't hear it on Price Is Right.

Again, it's all about time & place.

Which is also exactly why Meryl Streep and so many others get work. Far, far, far more and better work than Patricia Heaton, who has primarily been on two long-running sitcoms and a few more flopped ones.

At no point did I suggest Meryl Streep is an unpopular actress, nor that her career in Hollywood is even remotely based on her political leanings.

"Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo" (not beer), ".
A song about getting drunk on cuervo is hardly a refuge from songs about getting drink on beer. On a side note, I find it ironic that the first few lines are I walked in the band just started the singer couldn't carry a tune in a bucket..... and.....
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
wait for it....
Tracy Byrd can't carry a tune in a bucket. Although kudos for his work with special olympics.

:confused3 I'm genuinely confused. I own my opinions and stand behind them on this thread while others hide theirs behind broad pronouncements they don't really believe (the actually hypocritical posts of "I don't like celebrities who take stands" that then list the same dog whistle names again and again, omitting others who are just as loud from different perspectives). So I may be annoying you, and I am definitely many things, but I'm not trying to justify anything.

Would it have helped if I'd listed some liberal and apolitical celebrities I don't like because they are also not good actors (just like all the names I listed in my original post)? In that case, I don't like Kevin Costner, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Jerry Stiller, because all are one trick ponies with no range or depth beyond their stock personae.

Well, if celebrities are taking captives, that's a bigger issue. You should definitely call the police the next time you see a celebrity take hostages.

Aside from that, actually including that, I have no idea what you're trying to convey and don't have the time or energy to try to unravel it, so TTFN! :tigger:

You're the one person in this thread who made a declaration that your list was basically in retaliation to the other lists that got under your skin.

The title WAS "for any reason". Nobody is denying their reasons, but you seem to be really, really hung up on them.

Edit: I'm not sure why PP found it necessary to call you out on your initial list, and initially I felt really bad for you for that fact. But, your response was really over the top. They're just opinions, not hearts & lungs. No need to take it so seriously :)

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's probably because Patricia Heaton is pro-life.

Well I wouldn't assume she dislikes Patricia Heaton because that. I was simply saying that there are other legit reasons to dislike the celebrities on her list but couldn't comment much on Heaten.

You're the one person in this thread who made a declaration that your list was basically in retaliation to the other lists that got under your skin.

The title WAS "for any reason". Nobody is denying their reasons, but you seem to be really, really hung up on them.
There are at least 10-12 posters hung up on them. But you singled out her. Interesting.

There are at least 10-12 posters hung up on them. But you singled out her. Interesting.

Not in the least interesting. There's only one person in this thread who is REALLY worked up and we all know who it is. I didn't single out any of those who agreed with her because they didn't provide a reason. As I just posted in my edit (which you JUST missed in your quote), I'm not sure why she was INITIALLY singled out, and I thought that was a bit uncalled for. But, her response (and subsequent responses) proved the calling out opinion to be correct.

Time & place. When I turn on The Middle,
I don't get a pro-life lecture. When I go see U2 or Ted Nugent in concert, I shouldn't be subjected to their political rants, but obviously that wouldn't be the case. If I turn on Oprah while she's interviewing Bono, or I tune into Nugent's hunting/shooting show, I should EXPECT to hear their political leanings. Different situation. Drew Carey is pretty political, but you don't hear it on Price Is Right.

Again, it's all about time & place.

The time and place for Nugent is on MSNBC. Lock up Raw.

As for U2, they've been political their entire career. War, their first true big hit album was totally political. You know what you get with U2 and have for over 30 years.
By the way, Bush met with Bono and started a President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief. Bono is to receive the GWBush medal for Distinguished leadership. So the poster can go back to liking U2 again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter