CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many patients who have been hospitalized, especially in the ICU, are receiving physical and cognitive rehab, some patients are prescribed LMWH or DOACs after discharge, among others depending on the patients lingering/lasting symptoms. These aren’t free.
Source: family, relatives, and friends in medicine and insurance.

Please, just leave this to the medical and science professionals.
I don’t know how being a trial participant or working in finance of a random company makes one an expert in COVID-19.

Leave up to the doctors. Stay informed and stay safe.

Okey...I’m not sure what your argument is. I don’t deny any of that.

As far as leaving it to the doctors is concerned, I am about nothing but the science.

You are 100% right that up to this point, in-hospital treatment has cost people money. I have no facts or information that could suggest otherwise.
what out of hospital treatment is there people are paying for?
Okey...I’m not sure what your argument is. I don’t deny any of that.

You have been at it for days and pages of comments about how “treatments” are, or will be, free.

This is kind of the same feeling as trying to convince an anti-masker to wear a mask properly.

You have been at it for days and pages of comments about how “treatments” are, or will be, free.

This is kind of the same feeling as trying to convince an anti-masker to wear a mask properly.
I guess you should read more carefully. Vaccines and the two specific antibody treatments are all I’ve said will be free to Americans. Which they will be.

I guess you should read more carefully. Vaccines and the two specific antibody treatments are all I’ve said will be free to Americans. Which they will be.

You’ve been quoted saying differently before.

Let’s just hope that you, and others who believe in the same stance as you, will vote accordingly so that treatments, and not just those related to COVID-19, can be at least low cost for the entire population under a broader national health care plan.
(Hoping for free COVID-19 treatments for all but denying a national health care for all would be extremely hypocritical).

Let’s just hope that you, and others who believe in the same stance as you, will vote accordingly so that treatments, and not just those related to COVID-19, can be at least low cost for the entire population under a broader national health care plan.
(Hoping for free COVID-19 treatments for all but denying a national health care for all would be extremely hypocritical).

The big problem is the long hauler effects. I know someone at work that had it and was hospitalized for a week. They can barely make it in once a week. And they have been over it for at least a couple of months now. We need treatment for the long haulers.

i checked back. First time I mentioned antibody treatments would be free? Thursday. As in, four days ago.
If you can find me saying otherwise, I welcome you to immediately quote me.

“You’ve been quoted saying differently before”.

I’m eager to see where this happened.

The two antibody treatments will not be free to all Americans who want/request them, beyond what the government has already purchased. The U.S. Government has purchased 300,000 doses of the Regeneron product. So, that statement....and I'm not saying you said it, but we all who did....is not true.

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former F.D.A head stated just the other day that this is not a product that will be available to every patient who needs or requests it. For one thing, while I'm sure it will get be granted EUA status by the government, it's very expensive to manufacture. Gottlieb stated that pharmaceutical companies made a bet months ago, early on the pandemic to go big on vaccines, and lesser so on monoclonal antibodies. So, once there a safe vaccine that is widely available, it's unlikely that big money is going to move into monoclonal antibodies for COVID, regardless on what spin is now out around this therapeutic.

Yes. They have not produced enough doses. Not everyone on day one will have access to it. The simple fact that hundreds of thousands will be available on day one is extraordinary in and of itself.

Yes. They have not produced enough doses. Not everyone on day one will have access to it. The simple fact that hundreds of thousands will be available on day one is extraordinary in and of itself.

From the Regeneron CEO...it will have to be rationed. It’s not going to be “free for all seniors”...and it’s not a cure. It’s a step in the right direction...that is being spun and overhyped as a cure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-million-contract-300k-doses-face-the-nation/

He literally says in this piece that it’s going to be free.

and if you can show where I said it’s a cure, please do so.

He literally says in this piece that it’s going to be free.

and if you can show where I said it’s a cure, please do so.

It's going to be free for the first 300,000 who need it. He doesn't say it's a cure. You didn't say it's a cure. We all know who said it's a cure.

And yes, Eli-Lily is also coming on line with a similar product. 700,000....ok, if that's the number I believe you. It will still need to be rationed.

So, one million doses, that will be rationed. How is that going to work? Will these doses of a therapeutic be sent out to the areas hardest hit? To the communities hardest hit? Those communities also happen to be the poorest communities. Or to the wealthiest areas with the right connections? I'm a white woman in my early 50s who lives in suburban New Jersey. I have pretty decent means, and I know some people in my area who might have connections, and I'm not so sure that if I got nasty case of Covid tomorrow....that I'd have a shot at receiving this "miracle cure".

Also, at least in the Regeneron study, 275 people have had this product so far. Well, I think we're up to 276 by now, which is how most Americans have even heard about this miracle in the first place.

There’s no doubt our medical system is far from perfect. But we are also leading the world by a mile in developing treatments. And attempting to get them to Americans easily.
Not necessarily correct. UK is also doing a lot, including harnessing the world’s 5th biggest employer- the National Health Service- to carry out testing on new treatments, which led to dexamethosone for example now being used worldwide (incl US) which has probably had the biggest impact on deaths than anything.
The UK Oxford vaccine may also be the first properly tested vaccine to be approved in the world. Pelosi has got wind of this and doesn’t want Trump to announce a vaccine, which led to her ridiculous attack on the UK system last week. I’m not party political as I live in UK but her comments caused derision in the UK- we have one of the best and safest vaccine approval processes in the World.
Another similar product to the drug cocktail is being developed by AstraZeneca- UK company- US has invested half a billion nearly in that.
UK running the Recovery Trials- randomised treatment evaluations of Covid patients, leveraging the fact that 65m people are treated by the same healthcare system- https://www.recoverytrial.net/ . So things such as Convalescent plasma are being tested on large scale.
University of Exeter is leading the worldwide BCG vaccine study.

Last edited:
It's going to be free for the first 300,000 who need it. He doesn't say it's a cure. You didn't say it's a cure. We all know who said it's a cure.

And yes, Eli-Lily is also coming on line with a similar product. 700,000....ok, if that's the number I believe you. It will still need to be rationed.

So, one million doses, that will be rationed. How is that going to work? Will these doses of a therapeutic be sent out to the areas hardest hit? To the communities hardest hit? Those communities also happen to be the poorest communities. Or to the wealthiest areas with the right connections? I'm a white woman in my early 50s who lives in suburban New Jersey. I have pretty decent means, and I know some people in my area who might have connections, and I'm not so sure that if I got nasty case of Covid tomorrow....that I'd have a shot at receiving this "miracle cure".

Also, at least in the Regeneron study, 275 people have had this product so far. Well, I think we're up to 276 by now, which is how most Americans have even heard about this miracle in the first place.
I’m truly baffled as to why you’re so against this. I assume it’s because you don’t like trump, but I really don’t get it.

Not necessarily correct. UK is also doing a lot, including harnessing the world’s 5th biggest employer- the National Health Service- to carry out testing on new treatments, which led to dexamethosone for example now being used worldwide (incl US) which has probably had the biggest impact on deaths than anything.
The UK Oxford vaccine may also be the first properly tested vaccine to be approved in the world. Pelosi has got wind of this and doesn’t want Trump to announce a vaccine, which led to her ridiculous attack on the UK system last week. I’m not party political as I live in UK but her comments caused derision in the UK- we have one of the best and safest vaccine approval processes in the World.
Another similar product to the drug cocktail is being developed by AstraZeneca- UK company- US has invested half a billion nearly in that.
UK running the Recovery Trials- randomised treatment evaluations of Covid patients, leveraging the fact that 65m people are treated by the same healthcare system- https://www.recoverytrial.net/ . So things such as Convalescent plasma are being tested on large scale.
University of Exeter is leading the worldwide BCG vaccine study.
You’re absolutely correct. The Oxford/AZ work is phenomenal. Both vaccine and treatment. No doubt.
But to be fair, the US is paying for almost the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter