CDC Announces Modifications and Extension of No Sail Order for All Cruise Ships

That was a very amusing article. Carnival and RC saying they will remain closed until May 11th. I guess they are free to cruise whenever they please, but they are not going to pickup or dropoff in the USA. My guess is that will put a damper on their revenue stream. I notice that Disney did not chime in.
You have to consider most of the ports that these ships go to are not going to allow ships to dock there until there is a world wide VACCINE, this is why they're playing it by ear and keep extending the No Sail Order, until there is a 100% guarantee of infection free passengers coming on board any ship they won't be resuming passenger service anytime soon, it's highly unlikely they would be able to get clearance to resume operations in other countries as well as the U.S. The order just codifies the need to put the burden on Cruise Lines for their responsibility for the costs and treatment of crew on board the ships if they become infected and need medical care. Since Florida and California are in the top 8 highest infection/death rates in the country, they can ill afford to be relied on for medical treatment for crews of foreign flagged cruise lines. It's a proper and acceptably reasonable request by states/gov't to give help in dire circumstances, but they don't have infinite resources to help. I'm sure that this is just precaution, they're not running the cruise ships away from the U.S., but they are taking action to mitigate a extreme over burden of their medical facilities. Financially cruise lines have been reaping billions from guests for years, with last year being one of the most profitable in the industries history (why else are they building all the new ships???) I won't get into a debate about bail outs or where they can come up with money to keep things running as they are, I just hope like Disney the other cruise lines will continue to pay their crews that are working on board the ships and protect their health and see to any treatment or assistance they need.

That was a very amusing article. Carnival and RC saying they will remain closed until May 11th. I guess they are free to cruise whenever they please, but they are not going to pickup or dropoff in the USA. My guess is that will put a damper on their revenue stream. I notice that Disney did not chime in.
I think Disney just does what the other cruiselines do.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter