Cats in Disneyland?

Yes, lot of cats, especially around the Rivers of America and the Pirate's Lair (Tom Sawyer's Island).

I love when I see a cat in the HM graveyard!

Yes, there are feral cats, though they are not "filthy and diseased." They are there intentionally to control rodents and are vaccinated. I've seen them around Grizzly Peak in DCA, which I've been told is where most of them (in that park) hide during the day.

Over time, some become less shy (and/or lazier) and have been spotted around the Hungry Bear restaurant in DL and Whitewater Snacks at the GC. A CM told me that when they become too friendly, they let CM's adopt them (he knew because he had adopted a former DL pest control cat). Wouldn't it be cool to have a cat that used to live in a Disney park?

Yes!!! I saw them the past two summers at DCA. It's kind of cool. They live there!

DPCummerbund said:
Here's an article about the cats, & some of the other stuff that goes on at Disneyland during the night:

LA Times

Yay!!! I'm a TNVR (trap-neuter-vaccinate-return) champion & I love to see articles like this!!!

I would love to be wandering thru a theme park & spot a sleeping kitty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I saw a cat while riding Storybook Land Canal Boats a few years back! Here he is.
IMG_0119_zps6ff07000.jpg

We had a balcony room at GCH a few years back and watched them play/walk up and down the sidewalk below us.

They also came up to the windows at the quick service place.....

I've seen them around Fantasyland a couple of times,.

The other place is Epcot at WDW, I was there a few hours before opening years ago and saw several orange ones around Horizons (at the time) and World of Motion.

thunderbird1 said:
Wouldn't it be cool to have a cat that used to live in a Disney park?

Not if you are the cat! Lol! I can hear it now, "dang! I used to live in Disney land!"

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!